Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bi Rads 4 Suspicious Hypoechoic Lesion

Options

Hello everyone, I had a lump pop up out of no where back in December. Reached out to my doctor a month later to let him know I was feeling a possible lump. At this point still thinking it was period related or a cyst or something like that. Two months later the lump had not gone away so I went into the doctors to get his opinion. Sure enough he was like this a 2 CM nodule I am scheduling you for a Diagnostic Mammogram and Ultrasound. I was still calm at that point because he seemed calm. Went in for my scans last Thursday and then the radiologist came in during the scans and my heart started beating out of my chest. After the mammogram and then the ultrasound the radiologist came in and said they see a suspicious mass that is where the palpable concern is. He seemed calm but was very adamant that he wanted a biopsy. He walked me down the hall we got the biopsy schedule for a week later which is this Friday. So all happening very quick. Later my results went on my patient portal and my primary wanted to read them to me. She completely freaked me out and said she saw the images and said it’s very concerning and she agrees with the biopsy. The results are Bi Rads 4 suspicious there was no other lettering category. I have attached a image of the ultrasound of the mass and my results. Would love some thoughts. Even if they are bad. Of course good too.

I would like to add my aunt just went through this. She had a Bi Rads 4 B and after biopsy she had cancer. My step mom had Bi rads 4 A and they were not concerned at all and she got diagnosed with Stage 2 cancer! So yes I am completely freaked!

I am only 30 years old as well. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• wondering44
    wondering44 Member Posts: 260
    Options

Hi there,

The Birads 4 is to get a biopsy covered by insurance. Only the biopsy determines cancer or benign. I've had 4a, 4b, & 4c. My 4a & 4b were benign results. The waiting for results is the worst part of it. Try to get the biopsy scheduled as soon as you can to try to minimize the waiting. Unfortunately, this is considered non-emergent so it could take a few days to get a biopsy scheduled. Another cruddy part of the waiting.

Crossing my fingers for you that you get benign results.

• awaitingbiopsy
    awaitingbiopsy Member Posts: 7
    Options

@wondering44 thank you for responding. My biopsy is this Friday. Waiting is the worst. Appreciate the support. Sorry for your outcomes on your own results. I appreciate your sharing In knowledge on this.

• wondering44
    wondering44 Member Posts: 260
    edited April 25
    Options

Good to know you biopsy is not far away. Of course, now get a whole weekend to live it up while you wait. Hobbies, friends, family, or Netflix are a great way to pass the time.

I found all kinds of stuff to keep me busy while waiting for results to help the time pass faster. I went to an out of town wedding over the weekend for a family member. Of course, I kept my stuff quiet to not interfere with the bride's fabulous time.

The Birads 4c didn't go my way even though I totally thought I would have a benign result. However, after a lot of time and cancer education on my end it all worked out eventually. Sometimes blessings come in unexpected results.

Try to occupy your time with as much positive as you can allow yourself. Try to stay off of Dr. Google - a total nasty beast, that one. It looks like you might have some great reinforcements to talk you through this time with your aunt and step mom since they have been down this road.

Do update your post when you get results or when just want to chat with others who have waited for results.

Following your post. Keeping you in thoughts while you wait.

• awaitingbiopsy
    Options

@wondering44 truly appreciate your kind words and tips! It’s been awful week waiting for just the biopsy. Ugh then the wait for the results. Yikes. Good idea to stay busy.

I will be sure to post updates as they come. Thank you again.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,800
    Options

Sorry that you find yourself here. I wanted to comment on your remark about the radiologist being adamant about a biopsy. This is very standard as imaging alone cannot determine if it is breast cancer.
    Yes, waiting is the worst! You are lucky in that your wait is short but distraction is an art worth practicing. Lastly, none of us are radiologists , so you probably don’t want us reading images that require years of medical study to learn. I’m a retired teacher. Trust me, you don’t want me interpreting your imaging 😊 Take care

• awaitingbiopsy
    Options

@exbrnxgrl thank you commenting! I have never had a mammogram done before so I was not expecting a radiologist to come in. Totally worried me. Glad to know he was just doing his routine job. Thank you 🙏🏼

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,999
    Options

We're so sorry you find yourself here, @awaitingbiopsy, we know how scary this can be. And the waiting is so hard! We hope everything goes well on Friday, and that your results come back benign. We're all here for you, please keep us posted!

The Mods

• awaitingbiopsy
    Options

@moderators thank you for your kindness and support. I will be sure to share an update as it comes. Hoping for benign and to be able to get this past me. The his week has been awful waiting.

• awaitingbiopsy
    Options

Biopsy this morning! 🤞🏼 they are doing ultrasound to confirm, then going to do a ultrasound guided biopsy, place a marker in near the mass, and then a mammogram.