Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Rib pain after Double Mastectomy

Options

I had a double mastectomy three weeks ago. I’m now having pain in my left side which may? Be a rib out. I’ve never had a rib out before. Is this common after a double mastectomy to have rib pain or possibly a rib out of place? I don’t feel ready to go to the chiro but boy does it bother me 😫

Comments

• l8blmr
    l8blmr Member Posts: 101
    Options

Hello Ebfitzy, I had rib discomfort on the right side post double mastectomy surgery. I believe it was from the tissue expander b/c after the expander was removed the pain was gone. It felt like the expander was stapled or sutured to my rib. I hope you find the answer to where the pain is coming from - it's tough enough dealing with the thought of a double mastectomy, let alone throw in post surgery chronic pain! Good luck!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,974
    Options

No personal experience but a call to your surgeon might be a good idea.

• ebfitzy
    ebfitzy Member Posts: 71
    Options

@l8blmr that’s interesting. I hope that’s what mine is too. Although I feel like it’s gonna be a long 3 or more months dealing with this 😫 I’m doing the DIeP flap so it’s gonna be awhile until I can have the surgery. I’ll call the surgeon @exbrnxgrl . To me it just feels like maybe a rib is out. It didn’t bother me until a few days ago.

• flowergirl1975
    flowergirl1975 Member Posts: 57
    Options

I had a double mastectomy, no reconstruction. I had rib pain for a few months after surgery, it did eventually go away.