Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Genetic Testing + Excisional Biopsy

Options
cozyrad
cozyrad Member Posts: 28

Hi! If any of you have had genetic testing done, how did you get your results? Was it on the phone or in person or maybe via letter or portal? Did the results influence how/where you were given the results?

Thanks!

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,836
    Options

I’m so sorry and I understand your concerns. My genetic testing occurred many years ago but I received genetic counseling prior to testing and was required to complete an online class to help patients understand the pros and cons of genetic testing. The results were delivered in person with the genetic counselor who went over it in minute detail and this was back when they were only testing for the BRCA genes. I have had all the other available testing since then and to the best of my recollection, results were again delivered in person. Testing is done more widely today than a decade ago so perhaps the approach is different. Hope you hear from your doc soon and it turns out to be nothing.

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 392
    Options

I had my genetic counseling session on-line, a collection kit mailed to me, and then received my results in person over the phone.