Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Newly diagnosed stage IV

brandie1
brandie1 Member Posts: 2

I am newly diagnosed. I am also a year into a systemic sclerosis/scleroderma diagnosis. Looking to connect. I am angry and in denial after the past five years of fighting diseases to now be diagnosed with this.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,250
    edited May 15

Your feelings are very understandable as you’ve been through a lot. I can’t speak to your other medical issues but I have been living with mbc for 12 years and have seen quite a few new treatments come down the pike and have seen stage IV members surviving far longer than when I was originally dx’ed.
    Please check out our livers mets (metastasis) and our stage IV de novo threads. I would provide the links but I can’t “paste “ anything on bco. If you look through the stage IV forum you should be able to find them as both are active threads.
    I know you must be exhausted in many ways. Please consider seeking some mental health support (many of us do) to help you through this difficult time. Some cancer centers have therapists and/or psychiatrists who specialize in dealing with cancer patients so yours may as well. Take care

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 159

My heart goes out to you, brandie. You will find a very supportive, very caring, and very informative, community here.

• lacombattante
    lacombattante Member Posts: 166

oh, Brandie… I am so so sorry you have to join this forum. First weeks / month post diagnosis are most challenging and you have already been through A LOT.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558

Dear @brandie1, we're sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us and wanted to send you a warm welcome to the BCO community. Here, you'll find lots of understanding and support, so whenever you feel the need to reach out to other members, or you have a question, please do so.

Also, we wanted to invite you to our weekly Zoom meetups for MBC. Members find them informative, supportive, and a respite from similar diagnoses.

Hope this helps! We are sending you lots of love and would love to hear how we can be of assistance to you.

The Mods