Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Hi, Chemo 5 today for Stage 2, full of emotions today

Hi, I’m Kristine, I was diagnosed in March 2024, and my journal has been full of mixed emotions. I’ve learned a lot from my chemo experiences and tests, as well as how relationships change with siblings on being receptive and supportive. I am trying to find different things to eat, but I’m seeing that there are a lot of things I cannot eat. I have chemo every 21 days, and get sick throughout 16 days and get my tastebuds back and smell day 17-21, which stinks because say 22 is chemo day. I hope we can connect, have a great day.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549

Hi Kristine, and welcome to Breastcancer.org!

We're so very sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but we're really glad you found us, decided to join and post. You're sure to find our incredible community a wonderful source of advice, information, encouragement, and support — we're all here for you!

What you're experiencing is very common during treatment — others will surely be by soon to confirm that! Also, you may want to join one of our monthly Chemo threads, where you can share in the experience with others currently going through chemo, get tips, and encourage each other:

Also, we wanted to share this page with you on eating when you have treatment-related side effects. Some good tips to get nutrients when you have taste and smell changes:

We hope this helps and that we hear more from you soon as you navigate treatment. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

—The Mods