Metastatic Caregivers: Join us bi-weekly for our virtual support group. Register here.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Living far from daughter with stage IV

my daughter was diagnosed stage IV de novo over 5 years ago and has been doing well and living an almost normal life

I’ve been going to almost all of her appointments and scans

We live about an hour from one another at the moment and she hardly comes to see me but she’s see her about twice a month I’d like to move to another state for half the year but I don’t want to flat leave her

It would involve me selling the house that is an hour away and living about 2 1/2 hours from her for the 6 months I’m in the same state as her

I will go to her house and sleep over the night before any appointment she has

Please tell me your thoughts and if you think I shouldn’t be considering this

Thank you

Comments

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 162

@birchbark26 This is a difficult question to answer without knowing more about the situation. Does your daughter have a support network of friends and other family members around her? You have been a very good mom, but of course you have your own life to live and dreams to fulfill. I think your daughter would appreciate knowing your plans and dreams and will want to know how she can give to you, as you have given to her. How can she be part of this new scenario? Can she be encouraged to come to you in your new location?

• birchbark26
    birchbark26 Member Posts: 8

hi yes my daughter her family and her husband’s family as well as many friends around her

I would love for her to come to me as much as she would like and for as long as she wants

Thank you for considering my question