Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My mom just got diagnosed with liver and bone met

Hello,

l am from India, and my mother has recently been diagnosed with liver and bone metastasis. My family is considering moving her to the United States for further treatment. Could anyone please provide recommendations for the best hospitals in the U.S. for such conditions? Additionally, I would appreciate any information on the potential costs involved and whether there are any financial assistance or remuneration options available.

Thank you.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558

@pinak22, hi! Welcome to our community! We're deeply sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis, but you're in the right place for support and information.

Soon you'll get responses from other community members, for now, we can say that some top hospitals in the U.S. you might consider could be: MD Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Mayo Clinic. These centers have extensive experience in advanced cancer care.

In terms of costs, we know that cancer treatment in the U.S. can be expensive, but here's an article from our main that may be helpful:

https://www.breastcancer.org/managing-life/covering-cost-of-care/options-for-no-insurance

We hope this helps. Let us know what you decide. Wish you and your mom the best of luck!

The Mods

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,647

You also might want to consider Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in Seattle. It's on the west coast, (possibly an easier flight from India than other places), is NCI designated, and they have all sorts of people who come here from all sorts of places for treatment. I think one of the most famous people who went there was Jose Carreras, the Spanish opera singer. That was many, many years ago and he is still with us. There numerous accommodations in the area, but I don't know any specifically; especially if they are cancer center related. If you call Fred Hutch and ask to speak to the social services department, they could probably help you with many of your questions. Hope this is of some help, and I wish your mother all the best!

Call:

https://www.fredhutch.org/en.html