Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Waiting for MRI results

on Friday I had an MRI due to some ongoing armpit pain and swelling as well as breast pain. I was told 2-3 days for results. I was doing well on Friday, not as well yesterday, and now today I can barely keep it together. I’m petrified of what the test could show. On one hand I just want to know what’s going on, and the n the other hand I’m afraid to find out. I have very little support as my husband doesn’t understand my anxiety at all and my friends are all dealing with ailing parents. My biggest supporter was always my mom but she lost her battle with lung cancer almost a year ago. I feel very alone which is why I keep posting here. Thank you for listening.

Comments

• ann5631
    ann5631 Member Posts: 10

so sorry that you are going through this. It’s so very hard to wait for results- especially over a weekend! After you’ve been through something like this, waiting for any test results is stressful- at least it is for me.
    I’m glad you went in to get it checked out. Hoping you get results tomorrow & that everything looks good.

If you have not been through something life changing, like cancer, I think it’s hard to really truly understand how stress it is to wait for results.
    hang in there!

• anxious66
    anxious66 Member Posts: 46

thank you for responding. I’ve never been so anxious and afraid in my entire life. I wouldn’t wish this feeling on my worst enemy. I just want to be happy again. It’s been so long I’ve forgotten what it feels like.

• anxious66
    anxious66 Member Posts: 46

I got my results today and they are negative. The letter doesn’t say much except that the results of my breast MRI with and without contrast are normal. Of course I am thrilled with the normal result, but I’m still in pain and very uncomfortable and I don’t know what to do now. Is it possible for the MRI to provide a false negative or are they really reliable? I just want this pain and swelling to go away.