Metastatic Caregivers: Join us bi-weekly for our virtual support group. Register here.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Sacituzumab Govitecan (Trodelvy)

My wife was diagnosed with Stage IV metastatic breast cancer in 2022 and was on remission for a year, before her cancer relapsed in 2023. She had brain Mets and had her full brain radiated and was taking Capecitabine before the brain Mets came back in July 2024.

She started her 1st chemotherapy in Aug 2024, but her WBC went down to 1.4 and hemoglobin dropped to 8 so she was not given the 2nd dose of Trodelvy and rescheduled for next week.

Has someone experienced this condition with Trodelvy and what options did the doctors provide for continuing the treatment as my wife has to be on the drug to prolong her survival. She didn't have other symptoms like diarrhea or chills, but her WBC is very low. She has been managing her nausea with Ondansetron and Compazine so far.

Please advise for options to discuss with the doctor so she can continue her treatment.

Thanks

Comments

• rlschaller
    rlschaller Member Posts: 190
    edited August 26

@saimax sorry to read that your wife’s cancer has come back. I am on Trodelvy with low WBC. My MO has put me on Zarxio injections. I was taught how to do self administer them, it’s easy. Two days after each infusion I take an injection and my WBC are normal. I continue to use just to be on the safe side. No side effects. I know others who are on Nupogen (sp?) and Neulasta. I hope this is helpful.

• saimax
    saimax Member Posts: 3

Thank You Rhonda for sharing your current treatment plan, very helpful. Will share with my MO and ask her if she can prescribe for my wife. Much appreciated and good luck with your continued treatment and our prayers are with you.

• saimax
    saimax Member Posts: 3

This is the 2nd time of Zarxio injections and my wife is having side effects of fever, frequent trips of urine during nights and constipation. This time she got the shots day after chemo.

Are these common side effects?

Thanks

• rlschaller
    rlschaller Member Posts: 190

Im sorry to hear of her side effects, I do not experience those. Would be good to discuss these with her oncologist. In the beginning I felt some bone pain intermittently , but that is all. And my shot is one time now on Saturday, after three days after chemo which is Wednesday. Every body responds differently to the treatments, so it’s hard to generalize. My nurse case manager recommends WebMD for reliable info, which might give you some insight until you can talk to the doctor.

Wishing you both well, Rhonda