Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Bra recommendations?

Hi anyone have a recommended bra after reconstruction? I had implant for almost a months now. I’m still wearing the surgical bra given by the hospital. It is not that comfortable but support is good.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,249
    edited October 6

Sorry you haven’t had more responses. I think the bra issue can be very individual. I am 13 years post bmx so my memory may be a bit fuzzy. After all the post surgical bandaging and drains were gone, I wore a very, very soft front snap cotton bra. My insurance paid for two. However, for most of the years since, I have been wearing very stretchy bras that you pull on, no snaps or hooks. Some brands come with thin removable pads, others have that thin padding sewn in. No underwire, yeah! Here is a pic. This is not the only style ( I have several with thinner shoulder straps) they make and there are several companies that make similar bras. The brand is TrueKind.

• orangeflower
    orangeflower Member Posts: 103

I like the ones from Soma. This is the only bra I wear:

https://www.soma.com/store/product/embraceable+wireless+unlined+bra/570216253?color=182&catId=cat11489275