Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

New to brestcancer

Hallo. So here we are breastcancer, never in my wildest dreams did I thought I will be here. I've been diagnosed with stage 2 TNBC. I'm only 31 years old and have 2 small kids (2) and (4). I read a lot about the treatment and they way it effects your body. How do you make it easier for the kids? They don't know anything yet and I want to try and keep it normal as possible for as long as possible. Do you go on with your normal routine? Do you go to work? Exercise what did you change?

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558

@fightinhwarrior - Welcome to the community! We’re so sorry for the situation you find yourself in, but glad you found us. You'll be in good company here!

We know there's a lot to process right now, and it’s not easy to talk about cancer with kids, but hopefully, some other members will chime in with their personal experiences to help guide you through this. In the meantime, here are some links that might provide some useful tips:

Article: Talking to Children About Breast Cancer

Video: Talking to Children About Your Diagnosis

We also have other discussions and topics that might interest you, like Young with Breast Cancer and Triple Negative Breast Cancer. These forums are great places to connect with people with similar diagnosis, share experiences, and get advice.

Hope this helps! Remember, we're here to support you!

The Mods

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 438

I ate vegan for awhile but didn't bother sustaining it after surgery. It did give me a much needed sense of control before that. I started exercising everyday also and that I did sustain. Even did it through chemo at whatever level I could manage. We're all sorry you are here but welcome. Any questions you have about treatment or just managing through it all we'll be glad to help.