Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

IDC with DCIS and LCIS?

Options
sizzle17
sizzle17 Member Posts: 3
edited September 2022 in Mixed Type Breast Cancer

So i didn't realize that I had lcis until after my surgerywhen I read the pathology report….I had a stage 1 grade 1 small ER PR pos HER2 neg IDC…lumpectomy radiation and now on 5 years anastrozole…

I keep reading that LCIS is lobular and increases risk of ILC..but I had IDC. ..?…does this mean that I'm more at risk of a second cancer with ILC now? I know that everyone thats had a cancer has an elevated risk, but just wondering if it would be ILC because of the lcis…

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,904
    edited September 2022
    Options

Sizzie, welcome to Breastcancer.org. We're so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but we're really glad you've found us. You're sure to find our Community a wonderful source of advice, information and support.

Until other members post with their own experiences on mixed types of breast cancer, you may want to take a look at our main site that says, among other things: "According to the American Cancer Society: the risk of invasive breast cancer is seven to 12 times higher than average for women diagnosed with LCIS". Read here the entire article:

Treatment of LCIS and ALH and reducing the risk of invasive breast cancer

Hope this helps! We're looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

The Mods

• sizzle17
    sizzle17 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2022
    Options

thank you…but my question is if the LCIS gives me a higher risk of a second cancer later on? Even though I’m on an aromatase inhintor

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,904
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello again, sizzle!

Sorry for the confussion. Please see this other article from our main site: How Much Does LCIS Diagnosis Increase Risk of Breast Cancer?

Hope this helps!

The Mods

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 752
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi,

Sorry you are here. As a fellow mixed gal I try not to get too hung up on stats, it's a crap shoot. This is why. You can find this which says mixed has a better outcome than ILC counter parts: Mixed Invasive Ductal and Lobular Carcinoma of the Breast: Prognosis and the Importance of Histologic Grade - PubMed (nih.gov)

This is pretty old and I haven't really researched it recently, but it says we have less metastatic occurrence but higher second primary.

The clinical behavior of mixed ductal/lobular carcinoma of the breast: a clinicopathologic analysis - PubMed (nih.gov)

I had .03mm micro met in one node which is very small so I don't worry about that much and my grade is 2 and stage is 2. I should have a very good prognosis but I'm always on guard for any changes as once you are diagnosed things are just never the same. My best wishes to you, while you will most likely be just fine one never knows until something else takes us out. I'm in my last year hopefully of anastrozole and living my best life and will continue to even when I'm done the hormone therapy.