Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• vbishop
    vbishop Member Posts: 332
    Options

Thank you Terri! Small win, but we will take it anyway we can get it, right?

• vbishop
    Options

Hi All!

I was asked to do an interview about MBC for a company celebrating BC Awareness. I have update my blog with the link to the interview, along with a link to a song every BC patient should hear! It is exactly what we all go through. It's call Pink by Dolly Parton.

Check it out! Whoops! I Did It Again = My journey with metastatic breast cancer

• vbishop
    Options

Hi all! Blog updated again. Good news is to be shared. PET results are in ... decrease across the board!! No new lesions, no mixed results. EVERYTHING is down!! Fingers crossed this treatment continues to work!!

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Oh Vicki!!!

That is really just the news I needed, too! <3 yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!yay!!

Still kipping all my digits twisted like pretzels for your continued health improvement.

Makes my heart so happy!

• vbishop
    Options

Thanks, Jen!

We are beyond thrilled! Many women on this medicine have been on it for over 3 years. I hope I can join that club. My cancer is smart, so I hope we kill the cancer before it catches on and develops its resistance!

Thanks for always being my cheerleader! Hugs Hug

• vbishop
    Options

If you haven't heard this, give it a listen. Exactly what we all go through! Also, my interview regarding my journey with breast cancer.

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options

Just checking in to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you all are able to spend the holiday with family and friends!Heart

• jwoo
    Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't get cards out this year. Unfortunately, one of my very best friends, the person I considered my brother, passed away on the 2nd, and I just got back from California after his services and packing his apartment.

I hope you are all doing well, and taking good care of yourselves.

May this year end on a happy note, and next year bring you peace and love. <3

I want to also extend an invitation to anyone that needs help with their "getting your sh*t together" items, like basic wills, medical directives, decisions about services, information your loved ones need, etc. I've become an end of life doula, as this has always been a big thing for me, and I am happy to guide you through some basics for free. There are so many things you don't always think about, and not being prepared is torture for those you leave behind. This goes for anyone over the age of 18, not just those of us that have or are experiencing a serious illness. Each day is a gift. Allow your loved ones the gift of your thoughtful preparation. And allow yourself to have your last moments be what you want them to be like, as much as possible.

love you all-

jeni

• vbishop
    Options

I am sooo sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you find peace in remembering happier times.

I sm so excited you are now an official doula! We need to chat after the holidays.

Merry Christmas!!

• jwoo
    Options

Hello all,

Please keep Vicki and her family in your thoughts. She is moving away from us.

I will keep you informed as the family allows.

Love you, and take good care of yourselves.

• NY2TXbaby
    NY2TXbaby Member Posts: 113
    Options

I am beyond sad….I have no words. Thank you Jeni for being there for her & her family. They are all in my prayers. 💔 candy

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    Options

Such sad news! Vicki and family are in my prayers. Thanks for keeping us informed.

• keepthefaith
    Options

Jen,

Thanks for the update and being there for her and her family. Vicki has always been a bright light in a dark place. Pls give her our love and hugs. Heart

• jwoo
    Options

Hello everyone,

Vicki's family has allowed me to convey their thanks for everyone's love and support of her, and to announce that she left her body at 1951cst on 2/25/22.

I was able to be her EOL doula, and her last 2 days were spent with her family surrounding her. I was privileged to be there with them, and help them with her care.

She loved her friends here, and all of the help and support she received.

I know they are having a family- only memorial, and am unsure of any formal announcements or tributes, but will post them if there are any.

If you would like to send a card or anything to family, I am happy to give you my address to send it to, and will be taking things over as they may come in.

She was surely one of my favorite people. Funny, boisterous, smart, talented, and kind. One of a kind, indeed.

I will miss my friend, and admire her tenacity and zest for life for as long as I live.

Please think of her family as they grieve, and take care of yourself as you do, too.

Stay strong, sisters.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,025
    Options

Dear JWoo,

We are so very sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with Vicki's family and all of you here in the BCO community who knew her. Thank you JWoo for letting us know.

The MOds

• NY2TXbaby
    Options

Jeni

Thank you for being their for Vicki and her family I know it must have been so difficult for you but gave them great comfort. I am still in a bit of a shock - she was my ILC “sister” and was so incredibly loving, supportive & always optimistic. It is truly a very sad day. 😢💔 candy

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

Hey ladies... it's been a minute...

I just read about Vicki. My heart is so heavy. I will keep her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. Jen I am so grateful that you were able to be there for her.

I apologize for being away for so long… I just got a reminder to look and check the updates.

I apologize for being away for so long… I just got a reminder to look and check the updates.

Hope to not be a stranger anymore.

Holl

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,104
    Options

JWoo - my sympathy for Vicki's transition and my condolences for her family. AND FOR YOU!!

Thank you for sharing & for agreeing to take care of any BCO notices. I don't post often here, but I do watch regularly since I am in Texas and Houston never got a group together. I always thought I'd get to drive out & meet you all. ( or y'all). She was a lovely ladey.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Jeni

Thank you for being there for Vicki and her family! And for us...

Vicki was so full of zest for life with a fun playful zest. We were lucky to have her touch our lives...

So sad ....

Prayers ...Peace...Love

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    Options

Jeni, thank you for your caring, and for keeping us informed. You have been a blessing to her family.

• vbishop
    Options

All -

Thank you for the love and support you provided to Vicki during her battle with breast cancer. She loved and appreciated all of the messages and stories. We will all miss her.

Please stay strong ... I pray for a cure every day.

Michael Bishop

• jwoo
    Options

Holli- so good to hear from you <3 I've been wondering how you have been. Please catch us up?

Minustwo, thank you, and good to hear from you here. Hopefully soon we can get together, and maybe we can meet you closer to Houston.

Hope everyone is doing okay and enjoying this spring-ish weather we are having. I hope it sticks around for a while!

• jwoo
    Options

Hope everyone is staying cool in this insane heat.

• jwoo
    Options

Candy- please let us know you are okay as Ian makes it's way across Florida. <3

Sending you all love.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Hey yall

Glad it’s cooling down here in TX.

Candy - thinking of you as Ian storms through FL. Take care.

Let’s try and meet up November ladies.

(((Hugs)))

Cond

• RHGSR
    Options

Hey all! I'm doing okay. Struggled with heart,lung, and bone issues in 2021 (all post treatment related)... but everything is "stable" now. Getting chest scans every 3 to 6 months depending. Next ones in December.

Praying for everyone in Florida.

Jen- do you have my personal info/email? I'd love to share if you do not.

-Holli

• jwoo
    Options

hi!

Cind- yes, November sounds great!

Holli- i do not please pm me your info.

Hopefully everyone is doing well.

I definitely miss you all, especially Vicki.

Everyone, please list Sundays in November that work for you, and outdoor patio brunch or lunch spots in towns/areas that y'all are interested in meeting up this round.

• NY2TXbaby
    Options

Hi ladies…..

Sure miss being able to meet up with you ladies. All is well with us. We did not sustain a lot of damage from hurricane as we are 10 miles inland from downtown naples & Gulf.
    Think of you all often. Came across these photos- 1st meet up in Salado just days after my diagnosis. I will always remember your kindness & reassurance that I would get through it all.
    love you ladies, Candy image

• keepthefaith
    Options

Thanks for sharing the photo Candy! So good to hear from you.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've just gotten my second cataract surgery over! YAY!

I am free November 13th, if that's good for anyone. Would love to see your faces:).

((HUGS))

Terri

• RHGSR
    Options

Have y'all meet up recently? Just wanted to pop on. My recent visit to MDANDERSON this week turned up a couple of surprises. I'll find out more on Monday ( because apparently Fridays don't count as "real" work days anymore)... but it looks like I have some biopsies in my very near