Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Surgery done…

dsc
dsc Member Posts: 50

This is my first post in this group as I know I have IDC.

I had my lumpectomy and SLNB yesterday. I was at hospital early as they put a wire in, they injected the lymph nodes with nuclear something, had a gamma scan, had an MRI and ultrasound.  

I was supposed to have the IDC and another suspicious area removed (that was found on the MRI) but this spot couldn’t be found on the mammo nor the ultrasound so surgeon said I’ll have a MRI guided biopsy in a couple weeks time, and to remember, it could be nothing.

Anyway, surgery went well and they removed four lymph nodes.  

I’m still extremely anxious. I’m worried about what’s in the lymph nodes and also worried about that suspicious spot. Gahhhh! I’m so scared and miserable!

I do have one question, does anyone have a good resource for exercises I can do to reduce chance of lymphedema due to the SLNB? Or maybe suggest an exercise or two?

Thank you for listening, and thank you in advance for you help.

💕

Tagged:

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808

Hi @dsc,

We're so sorry that you're still in limbo until your results come in. We are thinking of you and hoping for the best. Please keep us posted!

Also, we wanted to share this page with you from our main Breastcancer.org site on Lymphedema Excercises and Tips. Others will also surely be by soon to weigh in with their suggestions!

We hope this helps!

—The Mods

• dsc

Thank you for the link. Super helpful.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934

If you just had surgery, check with the breast surgeon's office before undertaking ANY kind of exercise. The lymphedema exercises are not strenuous, but they may include positions that could interfere with tissue healing. And remember, not everyone gets lymphedema. Good luck!

• dsc

thank you Alice. They sent me home with exercises. I just noticed them! I am doing them but as tolerated. I’m not happy to be sore and swollen but have to remember it’s barely been 48 hours since surgery. So I will stay on top of my pain meds and try to rest and heal.