Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Research News: Cancer Prevention Lifestyle Reduces Risk of Recurrence, Death in High-Risk BC

Cancer Prevention Lifestyle Reduces Risk of Recurrence, Death in High-Risk Breast Cancer

May 26, 2023

Following cancer prevention lifestyle recommendations before, during, and after being diagnosed with high-risk breast cancer cuts the risk of recurrence and death. Read more…

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 639

Sometimes these studies make me scratch my head….You do everything "right" and still have recurrence. Many days I joke and say I should of had more fun and lived more haphazard life style. Definitely makes me wonder about cause and effect. Well hopefully someone else will benefit from this or maybe it helped me in some way that I'm not aware of………………

Thanks for the info mods

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

cookie,

The thing that we often forget is that articles like this address risk reduction, not risk elimination. If you do everything “right” then you are simply lowering your risk but it is not a guarantee against recurrence. I wish this was not true but at this point in time there is nothing we can do that will result in the total elimination of risk. Risk reduction is good but shouldn’t be conflated with risk elimination.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 639

@exbrnxgrl Yes exactly!