Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

*** WALL OF ANGELS ***

NaughtybyNature
NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
edited December 2016 in May Their Memory Live On

When I first created the "THE GARDEN OF ANGELS" post never I thought that such important post would ever be lost... but apparently it was;

I asked for "it" to be "pinned" to no response, and before I took my break from this site, I had asked the Moderators to find it, but again never received an answer. 

That post was created to help us all commemorate and honor our BC.Org sisters' life by either planting a flower, a tree or simply by donating some time/money towards any good cause in the name of our falling Angels.  More so to let us never forget what the "BC" word can do to anyone's life in a matter of "seconds"!

The following is once again a tribute to our falling Angels.

Please make sure that you have the permission from our falling Angel(s)' family when you post a picture of our Angel as we do not want to offend anyone in any shape or form; this is not an exploitation type of post, this is a tribute.

PS: This thread belongs to BC.Org and no one else. 

If any rights are to be "claimed", BC.Org is the one to have them since they allow us to post this tribute.  Thank you. 

This is 3strikes, (Diane's) cat (sorry, I forget his/her name), and the sexy leg is none other than our Diane.  We lost her in 2007:

This is a fleece blanket we did for 3Strikes.  dressmaker also made a beautiful quilt (of which unfortunatley I have no picture of):

Comments

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited March 2008

Excellent Lilia.  Glad to see this recreated!

Amy

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited March 2008

This is a beautiful idea Lilia.  We had a lot of trouble recreating the List of Angels from the wonderful Garden of Angels thread that you had originally started, which got lost from the boards.  It took quite a while and a lot of requests but it was finally re-printed from a poster's personal computer after quite a bit of confusion. It was out-of-date.  I requested that it be pinned so we would not lose it again.  I went thru all of the posts in the Commemorating forum for names that people wanted to be added to the list and i added them, plus a few that i knew of from the chatroom.

I love your idea and your creativity.  We have missed you here. I love the idea of permanent memorials on the boards for our lost sisters.  The photos of sisters would be wonderful to have.  I hope we can get your new thread pinned also.  Thank you so much.  

celia 

• NaughtybyNature
    edited March 2008

Tinkerbell (Ann) - We lost her on 6/28/04

This is "Tinkerbell" at age 18 (I absolutely love this picture):

This is "Tinkerbell" in New Orleans in 2002:

Tinkerbell was also into quilting:

• NaughtybyNature
    edited March 2008

This is Stacey "Sunshine" at the April 18, 2004 Cold Springs, NY get together (We lost Stacey on 4/27/07):

• takingcare
    takingcare Member Posts: 1,257
    edited April 2008

Lilia, You may be Naughty By Nature, but you are sincerely Nice From the Heart.  This is a beautiful tribute.  I too, have been away from the boards and was so saddened by the many new Angels upon my return. 

Always In Our Hearts!

Blessings to you all!

Michelle

• bluesky
    bluesky Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2008

this is beautiful, but so very sad. ((

• Calico
    Calico Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2008

I agree,

beautiful and sad.

Thank you for starting this thread Lilia.

God Bless

• NaughtybyNature
    edited May 2008

A link a found about Tinkerbell and Sprite w/ their pictures.

Gone but never forgotten:

http://www.patientfocus.org/FocalPoints/inMemoriam.htm

• celia088
    edited June 2008

bumping up

• NaughtybyNature
    edited July 2008

Our Kari Lynn... she would have been 40 on August 8.  My heart is so broken. 

See you later "Xena". 

Forever your "Gabrielle".

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited July 2008

What a wonderful thread. NBN you really are such a wonderful person and would love to meet you in person.

I also don't ever want to forget Sedgymum and Shelley and Boop

• Missjaq
    Missjaq Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2008

I feel great comfort knowing those sparkling eyes watch over me..I adore your legacy and look forward to your guidance.  jacqui

• Traci-----TripNeg
    Traci-----TripNeg Member Posts: 567
    edited July 2008

I know Steve (her husband) won't mind. Here is a picture of Erin. (ForTheMoment) She passed away March 13, 2008.

Photobucket" She was an inspiration on this site and will be dearly missed. Forever.

Traci

• NaughtybyNature
    edited July 2008

Hi Traci, girls: I can't see Erin's picture. 

Spar: do you have any pictures of Sedgymum and Shelley and Boop?  I remember seeing a picture of Sedgymum when she received the quilt made especially for her by dressmaker and giving by all of us...

To all fallen angels... we miss you dearly...

• jpann39
    jpann39 Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2008

I would like to add this picture as tribute to my bc.org sister & friend......her user name here was Valsul. She passed away June 13, 2008.....

Love & miss you much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• spar2
    edited July 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sedgymum

• spar2
    edited October 2016

>Shelli

(Edited by Mods to remove personally identifiable information)

• nowheregirl
    nowheregirl Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2016

My sweet friend Kelly aka Sedgymum, from Melbourne, Australia

My fellow chemo buddy Jen, aka JenBen25 from our July05 chemo group

And my dearest Kari, aka Karilynn

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited July 2008

Bumping for our beautiful angels.

• gsg
    gsg Member Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2008

Our "sweet" Joanne1428....we lost her March 19, 2008...I really miss her.

• Traci-----TripNeg
    Traci-----TripNeg Member Posts: 567
    edited October 2016

I'd like to add Reverand Janice to this wall of angels. She was two of my best friend's sister. She was originally dx 5 yrs ago and a recent reccurrance took her life on September 15, 2008.

Rest in peace Janice.

• NaughtybyNature
    edited September 2008

Without realizing it right away... I got married on KariLynn's 40th BD.

We miss U all sweet angels.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2008

I miss our girls ...... I didn't know Tinkerbelle or Jen, but seeing the faces of girls just alive, just smiling, is heartbreaking.

aka ... Terynsmom

I saw Diane's quilt and had forgotten that used to be my nickname here. 

• whoopsiedoodles
    whoopsiedoodles Member Posts: 224
    edited September 2008
    I never saw this thread before.  It's beautiful, and broke my heart.  I have often wondered about adding pictures of our sisters to the "Garden of Angels," and think this is a wonderful tribute. 

Love and prayers, Deb
  • LUVmy2girlZ
    LUVmy2girlZ Member Posts: 880
    edited September 2008

What a beautiful soft fleece w/ a touch of love from everyone....

Saying a sweet prayer for all the Angels....

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Member Posts: 678
    edited November 2016

I do not have a picture of Jacqueline. She passed away October 1st or 2nd/2008. We met through the boards and had a short but deep friendship. I would phone her and her voice would lift in a breathless, "Oh, hi Regina!. I will miss her.

• hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited October 2008

Dream, my condolences to you and Jacqueline's family and friends...aashe is now a beautiful Angel watching over us all.....May  Jacqueline lie peacefully in the arms of Our Dear Lord...........Hugs,

Lucy 

• newter
    newter Member Posts: 2,670
    edited October 2016

This is a picture of Courtney from the YSC board. She was dx at 20 years old and died at 23.

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Member Posts: 678
    edited October 2016

I just received the news by email from her husband that - hshi - Cindy passed away November 18, 2008. She had 4 children she loved deeply - Daughters 10, 8, 6, and son 4.

I knew Cindy from chat and we emailed back and forth. Her husband was clearing her email account and came across my name. We spoke a couple of times on the phone. I know she was very young but not her exact age. I will miss her.

• celia088
    edited January 2009

dreamwriter, i sent you a PM.