Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting game

Options

So about 10 days ago out of nowhere, my right ribs became painful when I was sleeping. The pain goes and comes back. At first I considered it as muscle pain. When it didn't get better, I called the nurse at the cancer center, and she said to stop yoga and it most probably is muscle pain and I did. But the pain didn't go away. Last night I was taking out clothes from the dryer when the pain got so bad that I needed to call my husband to help me to the couch. Today I went to a walk in clinic and the dr ordered scans. And that is how the waiting game begins...

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

Are you waiting on results at the clinic or are you home?

I hope you get results soon and that it’s not serious. Hope the pain subsides.

🤞

• aram
    aram Member Posts: 320
    Options

Thanks serenitystat. I came home as the radiologist to interpret the results won't be in till Tuesday or Wednesday

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 276
    Options

@Aram - I’m so sorry that you going through this. I’ll be thinking of you. If you feel,up to it, please come back to update us. (((Hugs)))

• piperkay
    piperkay Member Posts: 132
    Options

Funny you should mention yoga. I had a similar situation last summer and fall where I had increasing pain in my shoulder, armpit, and chest area that I had never experienced before and that seemed to be aggravated when I exerted myself. During the early part of this adventure I was doing yoga (which I first took up during the pandemic lockdown), which I then stopped because it was just too painful. Finally had it all checked out with an x-ray ordered by my MO which showed nothing at all. Soon thereafter the pain disappeared, and I realized that it had probably been the yoga that did the damage. But because I really like its benefits, I slowly began to do yoga again being extremely careful not to overtax that shoulder area, and so far so good. I hope that your experience proves to be as benign as mine was despite how scary it feels now.

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    Options

Aram,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same stress as me.

Around 40 days ago, right before my routine appt with MO, I checked my two breasts to see any concern I shall report, I found a tiny lump on my surgery side (but different place), I reported to MO and he ordered ultrasound together with mammogram. Checkup was scheduled last Monday, mammogram back clear, however ultrasound back biopsy, the lump is fine, but they found a suspicious area very close to the lump. They did not repeat ultrasound scan, and nor scan the armpit, I was astonished to get biopsy appt. I called my family doctor, will get ultrasound report this Friday, I was very scared, not sure which category it will be, I pray it is a 4a. Till now, I still did not find any abnormality in that area.

Lets pray together for the benign result.

• aram
    Options

Thank you Harley and Piper. The tests were good so hopefully it is just muscle pain.

Cathy, I am sorry you are going through this too. Did you get the results?

• cathy67
    Options

aram, so your doctor interpreted the scan result with you? It is so good, enjoy your weekend.

I just talked with my family doctor about ultrasound report, the suspicion is 5×4×5mm, will have biopsy on May 4.

• 1982m
    1982m Member Posts: 224
    Options

Aram, so glad to hear it wasn’t a recurrence. Cathy67, I’m sorry your going through the dreaded waiting game now too. Big cyber hugs!

• cathy67
    Options

1982m,

Thanks, I will see my biopsy report on May 13, waiting game.

• aram
    Options

Cathy, such a long wait. I hope you can do some fun things to pass time.

I didn't see my doctor. But I had my Herceptin (kanjinti) infusion and the nurse checked the results for me on my portal.

1982M, thank you. It was scary...

• aram
    Options

hi cathy67, you have been in my mind. Did you get your results back?

• cathy67
    Options

Not yet, shall be in 2 days, long waiting. Thanks.

• cathy67
    Options

aram,

Just found you are in Montreal, the walk in clinic offers private service? Here in bc, the scan service has long long waiting line. I got my diagnostic mammogram/ultrasound after 35 days, then biopsy after 22 days, then result after 10 days. Already 60 days passed.

• cathy67
    Options

aram, I just got, it is normal. So long waiting game.

Cathy

• aram
    Options

Cathy, I am so happy. The waiting time socks. Now time to go and have a weekend!

Yes, in Quebec we can do private tests. I was surprised when I heard other provinces are not like that. I did my ultrasound in a private clinic, otherwise the earliest appointment for me was in June...

• cathy67
    Options

aram,

Someone just told me a place who offers private ultrasound/mammogram, I contacted them but they said they need my historic images for comparison, how did you make that?

Cathy

• aram
    Options

In Quebec the test centers are required to give you your results and images if you ask. They burn the images on a CD. Do you still need more tests? I thought it was clear. ..

• cathy67
    Options

aram,

Yes, it is clear now. Just in case I need it in the future. Here I think it is the same.

Thanks.