Topic: Mucinous Carcinoma of the breast

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Apr 23, 2009 04:43PM

Posted on: Apr 23, 2009 04:43PM

peggym wrote:

On April 21st I had a core biopsy and today I was told that I have mucinous carcinoma of the breast.  When I investigated on this website, the information given was that this is a rare type of cancer, about 2-3% of all breast cancers and usually occurs in post-menopausal women over the age of 60.  I am neither.  I am 51 years old, but still menstruate.  I have an appointment with a surgeon, but feel as though I am in the state of shock.  This "nodule" was found on routine mammogram and I convinced myself that it was nothing.

This may sound odd at my age, but I just recently started to enjoy and like 'these babies'.  The thought of losing my breast scares me tremendously, and I have not even considered the thought of this cancer metastasizing.  I won't think of that!

Page 254 of 254 (2,532 results)

Apr 7, 2022 06:47PM obsolete wrote:

Hello Canada & Alaska, best wishes for healthful healing to Boo. Friendly springtime 🌼 greetings to Rain and hoping everyone has a pleasant season. Peace 🕊️ & good intentions 🙏

-------------------

CONSTRUCTION OF A PROGNOSTIC NOMOGRAM MODEL FOR PATIENTS WITH MUCINOUS BREAST CANCER( (2022)

"... there is a lack of reports of large sample studies on MBC, which predisposes to under-treatment or over-treatment."

"Univariate analysis of the survival of 2,776 MBC patients in the modeling group revealed that the 3- and 5-year survival rates of patients were linked to their age, ethnicity, marital status, T stage, N stage, M stage, surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy, but NOT to histological grade, lesion location, PR status, ER status, or HER-2 status as indicated in Table."

"... age at diagnosis is the greatest contributor to the prognosis, followed, respectively, by M stage, TNM stage, ethnicity, surgery status, and radiotherapy status. The nomogram shows that the use of radiotherapy is beneficial for patients with MBC."

"... only lymph node involvement is considered chemotherapeutic, regardless of the T stage."

"Furthermore, lymph node involvement was found to be unrelated to tumor size in one investigation."

"It has been shown that patients treated with breast-conserving surgery in stage T1-2 MBC have a better prognosis than those who undergo mastectomy, particularly in patients aged 50–79 years;"

"In the current study, a total of 2,043 (51.5%) patients received radiotherapy and 1,921 (48.4%) did not. The nomogram shows that the use of radiotherapy is beneficial for patients with MBC."

"It has been reported in the literature that the reason for the low efficacy of chemotherapy is that mucus accounts for most of the total volume in MBC cells, forming a large pool of mucin, resulting in inconsistency between clinical or imaging assessment of chemotherapy efficacy and mucinous carcinoma pathology. Despite the effective elimination of malignant cells by chemotherapy, the mucin pool remains."

https://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/jhe/2022/12...

Apr 10, 2022 05:33PM thecargirl wrote:

Thank-you Obolete for all the information you share. This last article is really significant, I am making a copy to give to my first oncologist, he needs to be educated! My second oncologist was up to date on Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer .

Page 254 of 254 (2,532 results)

Scroll to top button