Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Mucinous Carcinoma of the breast

Options
1818283848587»

Comments

• obsolete
    obsolete Member Posts: 333
    Options

IS THERE A ROLE FOR 21-GENE RECURRENCE SCORE IN MUCINOUS CARCINOMA OF BREAST?
    "Younger age, high-grade and lack of PR expression are more likely to be associated with high RS."

https://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/JCO.2018.36.15_suppl.e12538

• obsolete
    Options

THE SPECTRUM OF MUCINOUS LESIONS OF THE BREAST
    "One study showed that in mixed tumors, presence of adverse risk factors was inversely
    proportional to the amount of mucinous component of tumor"
    https://meridian.allenpress.com/aplm/article/147/1/19/489678/The-Spectrum-of-Mucinous-Lesions-of-the-Breast

• obsolete
    Options

CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL AND MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF 45 CASES OF PURE MUCINOUS BREAST CANCER
    "The risk of LN metastasis in PMBC could increase in association with larger tumor size, a smaller proportion of mucinous component, and p53 expression"

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fonc.2020.558760/full

• obsolete
    Options
  • obsolete
    Options

CONSTRUCTION OF A PROGNOSTIC NOMOGRAM MODEL FOR PATIENTS WITH MUCINOUS BREAST CANCER
    "The predictive importance of tumor size in MBC patients is a point of contention. Patients with tumors greater than 2 cm were previously advised to take adjuvant
    chemotherapy, according to NCCN recommendations. However, the recommendations have been modified so that only lymph node involvement is considered chemotherapeutic, regardless of the T stage. While tumor size has been linked to the diagnosis of less aggressive tumors, its predictive value has been questioned due to the inclusion of extensive extracellular mucins in tumor size measurement [18]."
    https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jhe/2022/1230812/

• obsolete
    Options

So sorry, BaskInTheSun, life is not fair. Getting BC at 31 is not fair.
    Please know your path report intimately while advocating for yourself as you do your due diligence. Know exactly on the Mucinous spectrum where it is you fall. Ultimately it's your decision. Best wishes 😍

• obsolete
    Options

Reference old data: 1995-2002

MUCINOUS BREAST CANCER – CLINICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND TREATMENT RESULTS IN PATIENTS TREATED AT THE ONCOLOGY CENTRE IN KRAKÓW BETWEEN 1952 AND 2002

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4068815/

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 210
    Options

obsolete,

Thank you for all of the reports that you are sharing regarding Mucinous breast cancer.

It is helpful to read them and gives me some peace of mind as I am sure it does others.

• lumpybobcat
    lumpybobcat Member Posts: 23
    Options

I've gone in for my 6-month follow up mammogram since my surgery. A mix-up about whether to have or not a ultra sound. The mammo never picked up the mucinous cancer through the years. It was only when I had an ultra sound they discovered a suspicious area that needed a biopsy. My question to all of you is: Did they find the mucinous cancer on your mammogram or was there other circumstances like a lump that needed biopsy or an ultra sound that led to the diagnosis?

• pinger2474
    pinger2474 Member Posts: 15
    Options

I had multiple mammograms that didn’t find the tumor. Five months after a mammogram in late 2019, I felt a palpable lump in my left breast. That led to a biopsy which was revealed to be invasive mucinous cancer. I had a mastectomy in mid 2020. Now I rotate an ultrasound and an MRI 6 months apart.

• lumpybobcat
    lumpybobcat Member Posts: 23
    Options

pinger2474 … I'm in contact with my surgeon regarding the ultra sound order. Unfortunately, my surgeon is out on maternity leave. I could change course and contact my primary, but she, too, is on maternity leave. I'll be curious to hear what others have to say about how their mucinous cancer was diagnosed. Having had breast cancer prior to this newest discovery, I consistently had mammograms every year with no detection.

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 210
    Options

Mine wasn't found until I had my mastectomy. They had found IDC during the needle biopsy, but not the mucinous.

• rain88
    rain88 Member Posts: 160
    edited February 6
    Options

Hi ladies, Mammogram also missed mine... Because I have very dense breasts I've had regular mammograms since I was 29. Nothing was detected until I was 48, in 2019, when, in fact, I found the lump myself. They couldn't get a clear view of it on mammogram. On ultrasound, the lump looked well circumscribed, more like a cyst. I recall they were almost sure it was something benign. Fortunately, the radiotherapist put it down as a BIRADs 4a, which, while it was low suspicion of malignancy, allowed for a biopsy to be ordered. Long story short, it turned out to be invasive mucinous carcinoma (1.1 cm, grade 1, no lymph nodes involved). The follow up here (Canada, Ontario) once back in my family doctor's care, is annual mammogram/ultrasound every 2 years. Thank you for sharing your story.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Thank you for sharing your story, @rain88!

• katethecat
    katethecat Member Posts: 3
    Options

Has anyone had their pure mucinous cancer spread to the brain?