Join Us

We are 218,138 members in 84 forums discussing 160,917 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: tubular carcinoma

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Inflammatory breast cancers, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Paget's disease, Papillary carcinoma, Phyllodes tumor, Tubular carcinomas, Metaplastic tumors, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Aug 27, 2010 02:15PM

aner18 wrote:

Anyone out there also diagnosed with tubular carcinoma?  I know it is a rare kind, rarely spreads, is highly estrogen positive and has a good prognosis.  If you have tubular carcinoma, I am wondering about your treatment.  I had lumpectomy, radiation, and tamoxifen.  I am curious to know if all of this treatment is necessary for this kind of breast cancer- tubular, stage 1, grade 1, 0 lymph nodes.

Thanks, I look forward to learning more about tubular carcinoma related to treatment plan. 

Dx 12/7/2006, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 3 of 14 (398 results)

Posts 61 - 90 (398 total)

Jul 23, 2015 08:59PM Nana2PandS wrote:

Has anyone had another cancer develop in the other breast after having tubular breast cancer?

I had surgery in May, 2014 for tubular cancer, right breast, 3 mm, no nodes involved, lumpectomy followed by advanced partial breast radiation and am currently on Anastrozole for 5 years.

Yesterday I went for my six month mammogram and on my left breast there was a small 4mm lesion which was biopsied with ultrasound guidance. The radiologist said it looked suspicious and with my history, he advised the biopsy. Currently waiting for results. Has anyone experienced this? I did read where, although, tubular breast cancer is one of the least aggressive, it may develop on the other breast.

Jul 24, 2015 09:56AM BookWoman wrote:

I have not had a cancer in the other breast develop after having tubular carcinoma, but I did have DCIS in the other breast before the tubular carcinoma.

Dx 9/2010, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/30/2010 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 10/31/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 12/13/2012, IDC: Tubular, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/13/2012 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 1/7/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 4/12/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 2, 2015 10:01PM 614 wrote:

Dear Nana:

Yes.

I went/am going through something similar to you.  I developed 2 suspicious areas 7 months after my radiation treatment in the same breast as my malignancies - discovered at my first follow up MRI after treatment.  (The mammogram and ultrasound did not detect anything.)  However, I have extremely dense breast with lots of lumps and bumps.

I was diagnosed last June 2014 (similar time table as you) with pleomorphic ILC and with pleomorphic LCIS in one lump of 1.9cm.  I also had another lump that was 7.5cm but that lump was biopsied and found to be benign in June 2014. It had also previously been biopsied years ago and found to be benign then as well.  I had both lumps removed (same breast) at the time of my surgery in July 2014.  The pathology report from my surgery stated that the large lump was actually tubular carcinoma and extensive pleomorphic LCIS, as well as having many benign findings. The area of tubular carcinoma was 4mm.  I had whole breast radiation and I am taking anastrazole.  I had my ovaries removed to medically induce menopause so that I could take the anastrazole. I was not able to metabolize tamoxifen. Luckily, I did not need to have chemotherapy.

In May 2015 (my first tests/images after bc diagnosis and treatment), my MRI showed 2 suspicious areas in the same breast that was radiated and had the malignancies.  I had an MRI guided biopsy on one suspicious lump and it was found to be benign - with 7 benign findings.  I have "busy breasts".  The other suspicious area is a "1.5 cm linear non-mass enhancement with rapid washin washout kinetics - bi-rad 4b."  I am waiting and watching this area for 6 months.  My next mammogram, sonogram, and MRI is scheduled for November 2015.  

I am sorry but I do not know any statistics regarding tubular carcinoma. 

I was shocked  that I had suspicious areas so soon after treatment too. 

The only thing that I know is that most lumps (80%) are benign.

I hope that you get your results back quickly and that the pathology report show a benign finding.  I hope that your doctor will answer your questions so that your mind can be put at ease.  The waiting, wondering, and not knowing is the worst.  Do you have any idea when you will find out the results of your biopsy?  GOOD LUCK! I will be thinking about you and saying a prayer for you.  Please let us know the results.  I wish you the best.

Hormone + Pleomorphic ILC, Pleomorphic LCIS,& Invasive Tubular Carcinoma for 1st BC DX. Hormone negative, Grade 3 DCIS for 2nd BC DX. History of dispersed ALH along with PASH, FEA, and focal atypia. Oncotype 14, Ki67: 21%. Dx Premenopausally. Dx 6/25/2014, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/25/2014, LCIS, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/22/2014, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/22/2014, LCIS, Left, 4cm, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/22/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Prophylactic ovary removal Radiation Therapy 9/7/2014 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Aug 22, 2015 10:06AM Nana2PandS wrote:

Hi 614,

Sorry it took a while to respond - but as I stated earlier on July 22, I had to have a biopsy on my left breast (BC was on the right side). I did hear back from my radiologist and everything is BENIGN. So very relieved. He did put a marker in and I will have another ultrasound in six months to follow up the biopsy site. I also have a lot of calcifications scattered throughout, so they want to make sure everything is stable with them. I am just now realizing that I have to deal with this "six months at a time". Good luck to us all.

Sep 5, 2015 12:41AM 614 wrote:

Dear Nana:

Sorry about the time that it has taken for me to respond to you as well.  I am so glad that you had benign findings.  Yay!  Yes, the 6 months of surveillance while comforting to be watched so closely, is very stressful because it is scary to know that something could be there.

Good luck,

Hormone + Pleomorphic ILC, Pleomorphic LCIS,& Invasive Tubular Carcinoma for 1st BC DX. Hormone negative, Grade 3 DCIS for 2nd BC DX. History of dispersed ALH along with PASH, FEA, and focal atypia. Oncotype 14, Ki67: 21%. Dx Premenopausally. Dx 6/25/2014, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/25/2014, LCIS, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/22/2014, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/22/2014, LCIS, Left, 4cm, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/22/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Prophylactic ovary removal Radiation Therapy 9/7/2014 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Sep 21, 2015 05:33PM katcar0001 wrote:

Question:

When I was originally diagnosed from a core needle biopsy, the path report came back as "infiltrating tubular carcinoma of the breast." After surgery, the path report said, "Tubular formations 70% of the tumor." This was rated 2 on the Scarff Bloom-Richardson scale.

Would that still be considered a tubular type by some labs? Or does it have to be at least 90%?

IDC left side, ER+/PR+/AR+. Oncotype 17, Ki-67 - 4%, MAPK1 and PIK3CA mutations. UMX 12/4/14, no chemo or rads. Tamoxifen 1/7/2015. Benign tumor removed from rt. side on 2/25/15. Started Anastrozole/Arimidex 7/4/17. Dx 11/22/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/3/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 1/6/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 8/2/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 11/18/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Sep 21, 2015 05:36PM katcar0001 wrote:

Well, duh, I answered my own question (from the bc.org site). I guess the tumor would have been considered "mixed tubular."

When a pathologist examines the tumor samples under a microscope, he or she looks for the tube-shaped structures that give tubular carcinoma its name. Experts generally agree that more than 90% of the tumor must have this characteristic appearance in order to be called "pure" tubular carcinoma. If it doesn't, then it is diagnosed as a "mixed" tubular carcinoma. The more "tubular" it is, the less likely it is to spread and the easier it should be to treat.

IDC left side, ER+/PR+/AR+. Oncotype 17, Ki-67 - 4%, MAPK1 and PIK3CA mutations. UMX 12/4/14, no chemo or rads. Tamoxifen 1/7/2015. Benign tumor removed from rt. side on 2/25/15. Started Anastrozole/Arimidex 7/4/17. Dx 11/22/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/3/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 1/6/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 8/2/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 11/18/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Sep 26, 2015 11:07PM voraciousreader wrote:

latest retrospective tubular treatment and recurrence....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26387144

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 02/2010 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% /PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Jan 14, 2016 03:10PM - edited Jan 14, 2016 03:11PM by ChiSandy

Even though PR- tumors are thought to be more aggressive than PR+, the fact that it's tubular may tilt towards skipping chemo. The fact it's tubular may also mean that Oncotype DX testing may not be needed--it's usually not done if all other factors indicate chemo is unnecessary

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jan 21, 2016 01:35PM Brightsocks wrote:

I have just been diagnosed with pure Tubular Breast Cancer. If you had pure tubular how were you treated what was the plan? What I have been reading on the web is just to have it removed and that is about it. Mine is just on the bubble being 1.1cm. I had very wide margins and clear nodes, hormone positive. I am not sure if radiation will be the next step? I don't know about the Her status or if I will be on hormone replacement?

Dx 11/24/2015, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/5/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/17/2016 Whole-breast: Breast

Jan 22, 2016 12:42PM BookWoman wrote:

I had pure tubular and I did do radiation; I had 15 plus 5 boosts. I am also on Letrozole--it doesn't replace hormones, it blocks estrogen. Prior to having the tubular cancer, I also had DCIS in the other breast, so the Letrozole is because of both--not sure if I would be taking it for only the tubular.

Dx 9/2010, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/30/2010 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 10/31/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 12/13/2012, IDC: Tubular, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/13/2012 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 1/7/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 4/12/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Jan 22, 2016 02:19PM labelle wrote:

I'm pretty sure radiation is the standard of care if you have a lumpectomy, regardless of the type of tumor. Having good margins and no positive nodes might allow you to skip RADS with some peace of mind though. From what I've read, women with tubular BC are not offered a hormonal if they have negative nodes and a tumor under 1 cm/10mm. Because yours is over one cm you may be offered an anti-hormonal. I was offered tamoxifen due to a positive node, although I've refused it thus far, my OC while recommending it, didn't really push it or demand I take it.

Dx 9/29/2014, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/12/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Jan 23, 2016 01:28PM Brightsocks wrote:

I won't have any news on treatment for about another 4 weeks. As well there is not a ton on the web. I am up for all levels of treatment just want to understand more about howothers have been treated.

Dx 11/24/2015, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/5/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/17/2016 Whole-breast: Breast

Feb 11, 2016 05:27PM - edited Apr 7, 2016 04:05PM by Kaneli

This Post was deleted by Kaneli.
Dx 2/10/2016, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/21/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/27/2016 Balloon-catheter: Breast

Feb 11, 2016 06:17PM - edited Feb 11, 2016 06:21PM by voraciousreader

sorry to hear you are joining us....that less than 10% in situ which means that along with the tubular invasive cancer, there is a little NON-invasive component to the tumor. Register at the NCCN's website and read the section on tubular and mucinous breast cancer treatment guidelines. The good news is that you have a small, "favorable" type of breast cancer that is very treatable. Once you have your final surgical pathology report, you and your team will then come up with a plan that will be right for you! Good luck!

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 02/2010 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% /PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Feb 11, 2016 06:42PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Kaneli-

We want to welcome you to our community here at BCO. We're so sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here, but we're glad you've found us, and hope you find the support and advice you need moving forward.

You may also want to read through our forum for recently diagnosed members; you can find that forum here: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/5. Some of the members there may be able to help you understand your pathology report and give you some advice and share their experiences regarding treatment. Good luck at your MRI tomorrow! We're all here for you!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Feb 11, 2016 07:12PM isee wrote:

Hi Kaneli,

I also had an invasive Tubular Carcinoma. We are actually fortunate to have a BC with such a positive prognosis. I'm sure you know this type is not likely to metastasis. I had two surgeries to remove the cancerous area....not a lump in my case...as I believe Tubular is not. They called the first surgery a lumpectomy and the second a partial mastectomy, done because they didn't have clear margins from the first surgery. I was very fortunate that things still look pretty normal other than being a bit smaller. Mine was located under my arm....about 6 inches from my underarm. I was given the option of radiation...which I took. I had 16 treatments. I was also offered tamoxifen but refused it as it was only going to give me a 1% risk reduction...or something like that. It is my 5th anniversary since my diagnosis in a few days! I was tested for the BRCA mutations because of my family history and was positive for BRCA2....so I receive high risk surveillance here in Canada.
Sorry you are joining us, but this site has tons of great information and support...Keep us posted as to your treatment decisions and progress. :)

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Invasive Tubular Carcinoma - BRCA2+ Dx 2/9/2011, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 11, 2016 07:31PM - edited Feb 11, 2016 07:35PM by labelle

I had a 7 mm tumor of tubular BC treated with lumpectomy and a SNB. Even though no one expected to find any in my nodes because this seldom spreads, I did have one node positive found at surgery. My Oncotype was low (11) as would be typical for a tubular BC and so no chemo was recommended for me even with one positive node. Having an oncotype test done is I think really very important in determining whether or not you might benefit from chemo, just as having a SNB is important even though tubular seldom spreads-it's good to know. Due to mine being a tubular BC they expected me to have a low oncotype score, so there was no surprise there. Radiation is pretty much recommended for everyone if they choose a lumpectomy as I did. Lumpectomy and the recommendation of RADS seem to go hand in hand regardless of the tumor type and even without any positive nodes.

My oncologist recommended tamoxifen only due to my positive node. She said w a pure tubular BC tumor under 1 cm/10 mm she would not recommend it if no nodes had been involved.

Dx 9/29/2014, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/12/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Feb 11, 2016 07:33PM voraciousreader wrote:

isee! Congrats on celebrating 5 years NED!!!😘

Feb 11, 2016 08:00PM isee wrote:

THANKS voraciousre... !!!

:)

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Invasive Tubular Carcinoma - BRCA2+ Dx 2/9/2011, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 11, 2016 09:08PM - edited Feb 12, 2016 01:25AM by Kaneli

Yes, Isee, congratulations on 5 years! Voraciousreader and Labelle, thank you for your positive and encouraging words and for such quick responses to my post from a few hours earlier. I will keep checking on this great forum for answers and encouragement! My MRI is tomorrow morn, but I doubt I will have any info immediately after that but....Thank you all! It's nice to not feel so alone :)

Dx 2/10/2016, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/21/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/27/2016 Balloon-catheter: Breast

Feb 13, 2016 01:12AM Brightsocks wrote:

Kaneli- I also have pure Tubular. So far my treatment has been lumpectomy and now radiation starting next week for 15 treatments with one boost. I will not be taking hormones for the side affects are greater than the risk odds. My RO explained that there would be a 1% chance of a recurrence.

Feb 13, 2016 06:15PM - edited Feb 13, 2016 06:16PM by Kaneli

Thanks Brightsocks! My MRI results came back this morning. The tumor appears to be "unilateral and unifocal' so that's good. It did mention a "slight asymmetry in size of a left axillary lymph node" (The same side as the tumor.) It went on to say it is "not a definitely abnormal lymph node" which kind of sounds like a double negative to me, so, I guess we'll have to see what the surgeon says. Maybe they'll want to take that lymph node when they do the lumpectomy. Anyway, I was happy they found nothing else. How did you do with the lumpectomy? Please keep me posted, since it seems like I'm right behind you on this. :/ Does anybody have experience with them taking the lymph node, or whatever it is that they do? Does that cause any unwanted side effects, of does it involve special risks? Thanks everyone....One week ago I was just a person who had 2 normal breasts....still getting my mind around this. BTW, what is a "Boost?"

Feb 13, 2016 08:21PM Brightsocks wrote:

Kaneli- I understand what you mean about how things change and now we are in the group looking for answers from new friends, medical teams and web searching treatments. I had a long talk with my RO about tubular BC with support information. If you do a web search you can find a study that was done by a creditable source on this type of cancer. One of my fears was what about over treatment? I feel I am doing the best I can without a fear of is there anything different I should try? He wrote out a odd chart to explain his point why I should have radiation how it improves my odds. I am still learning a ton of info by asking the ladies on the board and reading the web. Our type of BC is found only in 1 to 2% of cases.

Feb 15, 2016 04:19PM Kaneli wrote:

Has anyone gotten a 2nd opinion after their diagnosis of Tubular Carcinoma? If so, was it after the biopsy and MRI, but before surgery? I'm just wondering since it's a less common type of Breast cancer. I would imagine that after a biopsy, it either is cancer or is not....do I need someone else to look at those results?

Feb 23, 2016 07:41PM Sherri-lynn02 wrote:

Can you tell me how they found yours? Was it a lump, or polyps etc.

Thank you

~Sunny sherri

~Sunnysherri

Feb 23, 2016 09:12PM Kaneli wrote:

Hi Sunny, It was found on my 3D annual mammography. No lump, no symptoms.. The 3 D is a pretty new type of mammo, and my "lesion" is really small.....smaller than 1 cm. I don't know if they would have seen it with a traditional digital mammo. When they called me in for a 2nd mammo with "possible ultrasound', they did the ultrasound and right then and there they told me I needed a biopsy. 2 days later they told me it was Tubular Carcinoma. This was told to me on Wed, Feb 10, so I'm still reeling from it, and trying to research as much as I can. I have my first appointment with a (general) surgeon this Friday morning, and a 2nd opinion with a Breast surgeon who specializes in oncology on Monday. I know it's a small tumor, and that the prognosis appears to be very good, but, I am trying to be as thorough as possible. There's not a lot of info out there about Tubular Carcinoma. They say it's invasive, but slow....all of these seeming contradictions. Anyway, you can see I am frustrated, but I am happy to tell you what I learn after my surgeon appointments.

Feb 24, 2016 02:53AM isee wrote:

Hi Sherri-lynn and Kaneli, my tubular carcinoma was found on a mammogram and then confirmed with an ultrasound and then a lumpectomy. Had radiation...they gave me the option of not doing them, but I thought it was less likely to come back after rads. I refused tamoxifin. I am BRCA2 + . I just had my 5 year NED anniversary :). If you're going to have breast cancer, apparently tubular carcinoma is the one to have!

Feb 24, 2016 12:10PM BookWoman wrote:

Mine was seen on mammogram and ultrasound, but when they did ultrasound guided biopsy nothing was found, so they said it was discordant results (mammo and ultrasound did not match biopsy). They gave me three choices--wait 6 months, do the ultrasound guided biopsy again, or do an excisional biopsy. I chose the excisional, they got good margins so I didn't need any other lumpectomy although I did need to have a sentinal node biopsy. I had radiation and am now taking letrozole (I did have DCIS in other breast 2 years prior.)

Feb 25, 2016 03:27PM Kaneli wrote:

Thank you, Isee, for that encouraging info. 5 years NED is awesome! (Hate to tell you, but I'm not sure what NED means:) BookWoman, your story astonishes me! I can understand not wanting to wait another 6 months. And heck, if you're going to get a 2nd biopsy, you might as well have it excised. I definitely understand your logic. Did it turn out that the lumpectomy you had was indeed tubular cancer? How about your nodes?

I have my first surgeon apt tomorrow, (Fri 2/26/16). He's a general surgeon, Then a 2nd opinion with a breast oncology surgeon on Monday, the 29th. They both are recommended by my Mammo/Ultrasound/Biopsy/MRI/Primary Care Docs...so we shall see. I don't know if there will be decisions to be made, or if it's pretty straightforward. I'll post more later.

Page 3 of 14 (398 results)