Topic: tubular carcinoma

Forum: Less Common Types of Breast Cancer — Meet others with less common forms of breast cancer, such as Medullary carcinoma, Mucinous carcinoma (colloid carcinoma), Papillary carcinoma, Cribriform carcinoma, Tubular carcinoma, Metaplastic tumors, Paget's disease, Phyllodes tumor, Adenoid cystic carcinomas and Angiosarcoma.

Posted on: Aug 27, 2010 02:15PM

Posted on: Aug 27, 2010 02:15PM

aner18 wrote:

Anyone out there also diagnosed with tubular carcinoma?  I know it is a rare kind, rarely spreads, is highly estrogen positive and has a good prognosis.  If you have tubular carcinoma, I am wondering about your treatment.  I had lumpectomy, radiation, and tamoxifen.  I am curious to know if all of this treatment is necessary for this kind of breast cancer- tubular, stage 1, grade 1, 0 lymph nodes.

Thanks, I look forward to learning more about tubular carcinoma related to treatment plan. 

Dx 12/7/2006, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 47 of 47 (463 results)

Nov 20, 2022 03:58PM grainne wrote:

Hi, gardengurl. That is good news; it is always reassuring to get the first MRI/mammo over.

I couldn't take the AIs either. I had terrible hot flushes leading to disturbed sleep, joint pain and (worst of all and for the first time) depression. I started on tamoxifen instead and had almost no side effects. I was on it for 6 years and would happily have continued but for the discovery of a benign uterine polyp, probably caused by tamoxifen.

Tubular is low risk but not no risk and I decided to give tamoxifen a go, knowing I could stop any time it got too difficult. I'm glad I did. I'm nearly 7 years out now and doing well'. The very best of luck to you.

grainne Dx 2/1/2016, DCIS/IDC: Tubular, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 20, 2022 05:11PM gardengurl wrote:

Hi Grannie, thank you for sharing your experience with tamoxifen. When I see onc again in January I’ll ask about it

Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/23/2022 Accelerated partial breast Hormonal Therapy 6/20/2022 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 28, 2022 04:28PM benaya wrote:

Hi gardengirl:

After doing exhaustive research on tubular, I decided on having a lumpectomy only & opted out of taking all drugs. Four years & doing fine!

Dx 11/22/2017, IDC: Tubular, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-, IHC Surgery 4/3/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left)

Page 47 of 47 (463 results)

Scroll to top button