Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Intraductal Papilloma with Microcalcifications

Options
dani_p
dani_p Member Posts: 36
edited April 2022 in Benign Breast Conditions

I was just diagnosed with intraductal papilloma with microcalcifications after stereotactic biopsy. I'm being referred to a surgeon for follow up. From what I'm reading, it seems as if surgical excision will/should be performed due to the location (peripheral vs. centrally located) as well as the evidence of microcalcifications. Just curious as to whether anyone has experience with this? Anyone have the excision biopsy and then get an upgraded diagnosis? Again, from what I've read, there could be up to a 25% chance of finding "other things" after biopsy.

Thanks in advance! I appreciate the info I've received on these forums!

Comments

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 254
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi Dani. I had a 2.5cm papilloma under the nipple. Biopsy showed that it also 'contained' an IDC and microcalcifications (DCIS, in my case). I think this is more the exception than the rule. Pathology following surgery confirmed this and found another DCIS in the periphery. Here's hoping that the 'papillomectomy' is all you need!

• Azwordmom
    Azwordmom Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022
    Options

I have had 2 surgeries to remove papillomas. First time it was just the papilloma. Second time there was ADH with it. Hope everything goes well for you.

• monarchandthemilkweed
    monarchandthemilkweed Member Posts: 151
    edited April 2022
    Options

I had a papilloma removed with an excisional biopsy about 14 years before my breast cancer diagnosis. The papilloma was on the same side as the cancer.