Join Us

We are 225,688 members in 83 forums discussing 164,174 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Abemaciclib Verzenio for All Stages

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

This is a place to discuss concerns, tips and strategies for all types of side effects from all types of medications and treatments, (chemo/rads/hormonal/targeted/pain meds/etc.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2021 11:04AM - edited Sep 30, 2021 03:38AM by SeeQ

SeeQ wrote:

I've noticed there is a Verzenio discussion in the Stage IV only section, and another in the Stage III forum. I'm starting this thread because I think there could be a benefit from sharing between all the stages - especially when, and if, Verzenio becomes a more common standard of treatment.

I started Verzenio 14 months ago. I had a couple of large tumors, plus lots of smaller ones in my liver, and then they found a little (15mm) tumor in one breast. After 7 months on Verzenio (150mg x2) and anastrozole, I was NED (by PET-CT).

I've had a little low RBC and WBC, but nothing that required a break in treatment.

The SEs were not fun - extreme fatigue, food aversion, and of course, diarrhea - but the results are well worth it IMHO. A few months later , I requested a dose reduction (100mg x 2), because the big D was becoming more of a problem. While I still have fatigue, I feel much better and the D is manageable again.

In the interest of keeping the discussion friendly, I do request that there be zero political comments and COVID discussion limited to the impacts between COVID and Verzenio. Thanks.

SeeQ

Diagnosed de novo Stage IV; large liver mets; small breast tumor Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/9/2020 Verzenio

Page 2 of 2 (33 results)

Posts 31 - 33 (33 total)

Nov 12, 2021 04:23AM Juju-mar wrote:

prairie sea,

Thank you for the suggestion. I want to be prepared! I just started the med yesterday.

Julie

Dx 8/27/2020, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/26/2020 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 6/13/2021 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Nov 13, 2021 08:32AM Iska wrote:

Hello. Where could I find more information about Verzenio compared to Herceptin? Pros and cons of each for early stage triple positive breast cancer?

Nov 17, 2021 10:01PM SeeQ wrote:

Iska - I don't have any info for you, but you might ask in a herceptin thread, or one for HER2+

Diagnosed de novo Stage IV; large liver mets; small breast tumor Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/9/2020 Verzenio

Page 2 of 2 (33 results)