Topic: In Treatment Zoom Meetups: Place to keep chatting

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: Jan 17, 2023 05:59PM

Posted on: Jan 17, 2023 05:59PM

moderators wrote:

This is a space held for our In Treatment Zoom Meetup members to gather in between meetings for updates and support.

Join our Virtual Meet-ups!

We hope to see you at one of the meetups!
To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Jan 20, 2023 04:37PM collijr wrote:

Just finished up with the optometrist. So…it's Posterior Vitreous detachment. It's common with aging and nearsightedness. It can lead to retinal detachment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't. Still not convinced the Letrozole didn't have something to do with it.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/.../14413-posterior...

Surgery 6/22/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2022 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/6/2022 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Left breast

Jan 20, 2023 09:08PM moderators wrote:

Jodi, so glad you got it checked out right away! Is there some sort of treatment or therapy that can prevent it from progressing?

Jan 20, 2023 10:40PM - edited Jan 20, 2023 10:41PM by jakeinva

thanks for the update - keeping fingers crossed!
Johnna

Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jan 24, 2023 11:13PM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Hi all! I’m checking in to give you an update.
I’ve missed the Thursday group meetings, but felt a bit odd about attending after completing chemo and radiation. Now that I’m being regularly treated for lymphedema perhaps I’m still “in treatment”.

Verzenio has been a challenge as well. I’ve been adjusting to the most common side effects but it’s been a bumpy road. I was recently part of a “workforce reduction” and that has been disorienting. I'd very much like to hear other folk's stories and gain more insight into how y'all are dealing with similar things.

Probably see y’all Thursday.

Catherin

Surgery 2/15/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 3/25/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 8/19/2022 Verzenio Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2022 Femara (letrozole) Dx IDC: Papillary/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/27 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Left breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 25, 2023 02:24PM sarahmaude wrote:

Hi Catherine! I'm with you...since the intense scheduled treatment is over, I haven't attended a Zoom meetup. Sorry to hear about the workforce reduction. Does that mean you were laid off? I can only imagine how that would feel. I know that working was one thing that I really held onto as "normal" during treatment.

The only treatment I have remaining is my Arimidex and semi-annual Prolia injections. I do have my first post diagnosis mammogram in a few weeks. That's going to feel weird, especially since it's 366 calendar days from my fateful mammogram. Ugh. I'll also get an ultrasound.

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Radiation Therapy 7/27/2022 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Left breast Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 25, 2023 09:19PM moderators wrote:

Catherine, it's so nice to hear from you - we miss you (and you, Cyndi!) on Thursdays. And we're so sorry to hear about work, we know that can't be easy. We'd love to see you in group if you'd like to drop in and update us on how everything has been going!

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Scroll to top button