Join Us

We are 216,859 members in 84 forums discussing 160,262 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Jul 10, 2012 07:46AM - edited Nov 15, 2017 02:07PM by Moderators

nancyjac wrote:

I found a couple of older threads about Arimidex, but they covered a large time span with a gazillion posts, so I thought I would start a new thread for Arimidex/Anastrozole users.

I am starting on Anastrozole today. Plan is to take it for 5 years, possibly longer. I already have osteopenia and osteoarthritis (limited to one knee at this point), so I am most concerned about the bone and joint side effects. I'm already frustrated by finally having some energy and stamina back after chemo and radiation, but now I have trouble exercising due to the bum knee. I'm concerned about that getting to be even more of a problem on the Anastrozole.

Please share you experiences, side effects, questions etc. about Armidex/Anastrozole here.

Edited by Mods to add content from the main Breastcancer.org site on Arimidex: Benefits, Side Effects and More

Dx 11/2011, IBC, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 12/7/2011 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/7/2011 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/10/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 4/17/2012 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 4/19/2012 Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/29/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes, Bone Hormonal Therapy 7/10/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 532 of 583 (17,466 results)

Posts 15931 - 15960 (17,466 total)

Feb 20, 2019 08:49PM - edited Feb 20, 2019 10:19PM by Stellawt57

Suzy, my tumor was 7mm too and was stage IA grade 3. I had a single dose of IORT during my lumpectomy & reconstruction surgeries all in 5 hrs. I'm part of a study my cancer center is doing for those who are diagnosed with early stage BC and 60+ yrs. I have heard of not having radiation for women in a group 70's. I encourage you as the others have, get a second opinion.

I've been taking my anastrozole for 4 months first thing in the am. and have experienced minor SE. I also have osteoarthritis in my knees, back & shoulder with trigger finger in my left thumb. I have added CoQu10 to help reduce leg cramps, but also think it helps with joint pain. I also take 2-1000 mg of vitamin D and 1-1000 mg of calcium. I started riding my aerodyn bike as walking is too much of an impact for my knees & feel this has helped too. My worst SE are the mood swings I become someone I've never been!😳 the hardest part is my hubby ends up hearing or getting the brunt end of things. Thank goodness he's so patient! If these SE are the worst I'm in for the long haul.

DX 8/14/18 IDC left<1 cm stage IA, grade 3 ER+ PR+ Her2- 0/2 sentinel nodes. Surgery 10/3/18- lumpectomy left with reconstruction & right reduction for symmetry, Radiation- IORT, hormone- anastrozole

Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/3/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 10/3/2018 Hormonal Therapy 10/8/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 21, 2019 12:26AM EmilyS wrote:

I never thought I would give up on the AIs. I thought, who would ever risk a recurrence of breast cancer? ....well you live and learn. I had a small 8 mm stage 1 node negative IDC, oncotype 9. I had a lumpectomy in June 2016 followed by radiation. Well thirty months of hormone therapy has been hell. First I tried Femara which caused my hands to cramp into claws, terrible hot flashes and muscle cramping. After 9 months I was switched to Arimidex. The hot flashes and cramping were bad but bearable, but the muscle and joint pain, especially in my left shoulder, have been horrible. I thought I would try to soldier through, which was a mistake. After months of increasing pain I finally I insisted on an MRI , it showed that four tendons in my shoulder were completely shredded. A little research revealed that tendinitis and tendinosis and tendon ruptures have been reported as rare, serious side affects of Aromatase Inhibitors. I am learning that my painful wrists (bilateral carpal tunnel)and sharply declining bone density, were all caused by these drugs. I have now had rotator cuff surgery including a tenotomy of my biceps tendon(irreparable and was simply disconnected) I have been off the AIs for two months while I do PT on my shoulder. Unfortunately my oncologist wants me back on the drugs and wasquite threatening about my discontinuing the AIs. I need to make some hard decisions about wheretogo from here. I now know why someone would give up on hormone therapy.

Feb 21, 2019 12:43AM - edited Feb 21, 2019 12:45AM by CindyNY

EmilyS- none of us here can throw shade at someone making a decision to go off the AI. We all walk the path, what would I do if my QOL caused such physical pain, required surgeries, etc. You have to do what's best for you. And it's a hard decision no matter how you look at it. Wishing you the best.

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/14/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 21, 2019 12:49AM bennybear wrote:

Emily, so sorry you are having such serious side effects. I hope you can recover from this quickly. I would encourage you to ask for your personal numbers of recurrence reduction, so you can make an informed choice

I really wish they would do a risk benefit for each of us as each situation is so different. That would help us plan the best decision regarding our treatment.

I really felt That my BS laid out the options and the pros and cons. Right now I too am not so sure the treatment benefits outweigh the risks. In my case the AI only gives me a 2% less chance of recurrence. Not sure that warrants the risks to my bones, heart, eyes and joints. Not to mention the hair loss. I will be having a serious discussion with my MO later this week.

Dx 3/25/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/6/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 21, 2019 01:19AM Suzyshacklechick wrote:

thank you for all your comments. Is there serious hairllosswith Arimidex? This just keeps getting better😳

Dx 11/2/2018, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 2/18/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 21, 2019 02:43AM jpBCfree wrote:

Hi Emily. Sorry to hear of your troubles with AI. I wanted to respond as my BC diagnosis was similar to yours and I almost went down the AI path per my Oncologist strong suggestion but did a ton of my own research (and hours on this board looking at AI and Tamoxifen postings) and decided that for the few percentage points lower recurrence that AI gave me over Tamoxifen, it wasn't worth it because the side effects overall on AI's are much more prevalent and serious. My non-medical understanding is that AI stops all estrogen whereas Tamoxifen simply blocks estrogen to breast cells but still allows estrogen to still support bones and the brain. IMO bone density and brain health are really important-- I'm in my early 50s and need my bones and brain to stay strong for many more years!

So, for 2.5 years I've been taking 20mg of Tamoxifen nightly and have tolerated it quite well. Some days (especially if I don't exercise) I have hot flashes but not too severe. Overall, I feel better than ever in spite of the Tamoxifen! But then again I made lot of positive lifestyle changes— vegan diet (less body fat), no more wine/alcohol, very little sugar and processed foods, exercise almost daily and ample sleep and relaxation. I highly recommend the recent Breast Manual book written by my breast cancer surgeon Dr. Kristi Funk— she's brilliant and knows her stuff and has really helped me understand that my lifestyle choices are just as (and maybe even more) important to cancer recurrence than which drug you take (or even if you take any). I know that I've reduced my circulating estrogen by making these lifestyle choices so when I stop taking the Tamoxifen after 5 years I'll still be fine. Good luck to you and everyone reading this.

Dx 5/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2016

Feb 21, 2019 03:13AM RakcJT wrote:

I have just started taking Arimidex and am now thinking about not taking it. I have Hashimotos Thyroditis and no one seems to be able to tell me if the estrogen blocker will react with my thyroxine, a hormone medication I take for the thyroditis. Does anyne else have this problem?

Feb 21, 2019 06:56AM dtad wrote:

Hi there. Ive said many times on tis forum that MOs actually know very little about female hormones. I find this very contradictory since they are the ones prescribing anti hormone therapy. Have you asked your endocrinologist? They should be much better informed on that subject. Good luck and keep us posted.

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Feb 21, 2019 07:11AM Ingerp wrote:

Suzy--I have not experienced hair loss on anastrozole (although I'm less than three months in--keeping my fingers crossed!), and agree with several other posters that I seem to read it more about letrozole. I've also been taking Biotin since before my dx--not sure if that's helped--I started it more for nail growth. I've always had fairly thick hair. Seems like a lot of women who are losing hair had thin hair already?

Dx 3/11/2016, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 3/23/2016 Lumpectomy Surgery 4/20/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/18/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 3/2/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 3/13/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 5/18/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 5/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 8/20/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Feb 21, 2019 09:52AM EmilyS wrote:

Hi, jp. My new oncologist is looking at Tamoxifen for me. I need to have a pelvic ultrasound as I am post menopausal, I also already have a thickened uterine lining. So Much Fun! She has also ordered a prosigna assay, which is usually used after 60 months of AI treatment to determine if another 5 years (god forbid) would be beneficial. I now call Anastrazole Nastyzole. Thanks for all your help.

Feb 21, 2019 04:23PM bennybear wrote:

Suzy, I have always had tons of hair but my hair started thinning on Anastrozole. I was taken off it for that and joint issues and put on Exemestane. I too have started taking Biotin and my hair seems better.

Love the nastyzole nick name! Argh!

Dx 3/25/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/6/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 21, 2019 04:52PM - edited Feb 21, 2019 07:17PM by psugirl

RakcJT, I had my thyroid removed 6 years ago because of thyroid cancer. After stabilizing my levothyroxine in the beginning, my T4 and tsh have been good. I started Anastrozole Aug. 28, and my tsh levels in November were off the charts. I therefore had to have a neck CT scan in December to rule out cancer recurrence. Thankfully none was found, but I am now back to seeing my endocrinologist every 3 months to get my tsh levels back in range. My endocrinologist, who I really like, insists there is no relationship between Anastrozole and thyroid levels. I disagree. I see her next week and will discuss this further. That being said, I will continue with Anastrozole because at this point, it beats a recurrence. Good luck in your journey!

Dx 7/16/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 8/27/2018 Radiation Therapy 9/11/2018

Feb 21, 2019 09:32PM Taco1946 wrote:

We all have to make choices about our treatments, including when to stop them. I too always woke up with a headache on arimidex and eventually they lasted all day. Switched to letrozole and for me it's a better choice. Mood swings are much better and MO gave me venlafaxine (first 37.5 mg and now 75) and hot flashes are definitely better. Yes, my hair is definitely thinning and the texture is funny - it grew out well after taxol. My plan is just to be known as "the lady in the hat." Now that the hot flashes are under control, I wear a wig on occasion but love the hat collection I am growing. My stylist also points out that my mother was very bald when she died so maybe I shouldn't just blame the AI's.

For a variety of reasons, I wasn't willing to make major dietary changes although I know many feel that has been a good decision for them. I have been able to maintain my weight - MO told me she would be looking for either major gains or losses - so I am happy about that. I am a recovering alcoholic and haven't had a drink for over 35 years so that wasn't an issue for me. I have upped my exercising. My dog counts on me and I play golf with a wonderful group of ladies who are a great incentive to get out.

I take my letrozole in the first thing in the morning and have no nausea because it fit into my schedule and other medications I take. One just has to experiment with it. We are supposed to take it at the same time every day though. I seem to be sleeping more lately but I think it's the weather and the darkness rather than the medication. I am also two years older than when I started this journey. While I am about to get a second cortisone shot in my knee, many of my friends are having shoulder, hip and knee replacements - we are of that age. Although my dex scan was good, I had arthritis in assorted places pre-BC. I have continued the glucosime/chrondrotin and Calcium with Vitamin D from pre-BC times.

Whatever your choice about treatment, it is yours. Don't be bullied into something that isn't right for you. And don't look back. This is not ground hog day.

Dx 11/22/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 12/28/2016 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 2/2/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Targeted Therapy

Feb 26, 2019 01:13AM Suzyshacklechick wrote:

So day 7 on Arimidex and I take at night and just threw up my dinner and have a headache. Looks like this is normal but is there anything I can do to ease these side effects? Thank you

Dx 11/2/2018, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 2/18/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 26, 2019 08:56AM HikingLady wrote:

Suzyshacklechick that's terrible, I'm so sorry! I don't have nausea. I take my Anastrozole after breakfast, so there's something in my stomach, and a lot of hydration--juice + coffee, and water all day long, and that probably helps. I hope your MO's office can guide you on this issue. Warm wishes for a resolution.

Dx 3/2003, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 4/9/2003 Lumpectomy Radiation Therapy 6/10/2003 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 8/8/2003 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 4/25/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/22/2018 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 6/25/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/7/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 1/2/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Feb 26, 2019 09:00AM Ingerp wrote:

Yes Suzy--are you taking it *with* food? I take mine with my lunch and haven't had any nausea issues. And I was a little more headachy the first few weeks but that has subsided. (I started full dose on 12/1.)

Dx 3/11/2016, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 3/23/2016 Lumpectomy Surgery 4/20/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/18/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 3/2/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 3/13/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 5/18/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 5/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 8/20/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Feb 26, 2019 10:04AM Suzyshacklechick wrote:

so hoping this may be stomach flu. Throwing up all night and diarrhea. Fun stuff. Thank goodness I don’t work today. They started me on One pill a day. So I guess I was started on a full dose immediately. Hoping it’s just a bug.🤢

Feb 26, 2019 10:09AM WorryWartSuzie wrote:

If you can get through any side effects, which should lessen over time, the more women I talk to who are survivors without recurrence, took Arimidex. I was on Femara and recurred within 2 years. I would give my eyeteeth to have been on Arimidex based on all of the positive things I've heard from people who did get it! 

Dx 9/28/2016, DCIS/IDC, Stage IIIC, 11/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/30/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Chemotherapy 11/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 7/12/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Feb 26, 2019 10:51AM PontiacPeggy wrote:

Suzy, I never had any issues when I started anastrozole. I take mine just before breakfast. You consider that the fillers in your pill could be causing problems and changing manufacturers could help. Or, yup, might be some unrelated bug. Good luck.

HUGS!

Peggy. Diagnosed age 68., Oncotype 13. Everything is doable - not easy, but doable. Dx 6/5/2014, IDC, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/23/2014, DCIS, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1 Surgery 7/23/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 9/1/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/16/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 26, 2019 11:27AM egregious wrote:

I feel like once we've had cancer, we should be exempt from getting anything else. Maybe this is not reasonable :)

Sometimes I feel brave, and sometimes I get tired of feeling brave. I keep going for my children. Age 67 at diagnosis Dx 9/5/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 9/25/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 11/28/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 1/25/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 26, 2019 12:19PM PontiacPeggy wrote:

Boy do I agree with that. I drive senior cancer patients to their appointments and was trying to make arrangements to pick up a lady next week. She had a double mastectomy Jan 22 along with ovary removal. (She'd already gone thru chemo). Then she broke her foot and had the operated on last week. Now she feels like she is getting the flu. I feel so sorry for her. That's an awful lot in a short period of time :(

Peggy. Diagnosed age 68., Oncotype 13. Everything is doable - not easy, but doable. Dx 6/5/2014, IDC, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/23/2014, DCIS, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1 Surgery 7/23/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 9/1/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/16/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 26, 2019 01:18PM - edited Feb 26, 2019 01:21PM by MACTAZ

egregious, I'm with you but as you said, probably not realistic.

Suzyshacklechick, hope you feel better soon. I am on day 2, so assume it’s to early for anything to show up because so far so good.

Neo-adjunct therapy-TCHP (6 infusions ), Single MX right with TE, reconstruction-reduction and lift of left, implant and nipple reconstruction (3 surgeries), adjunct therapy H&P (11 infusions), hormone therapy. Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (DUAL) Dx 9/19/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3

Feb 26, 2019 07:52PM Suzyshacklechick wrote:

I wonder if I should skip my pill today after throwing up all last night. Is that allowed

Feb 26, 2019 09:08PM MexicoHeather wrote:

Well, you're trying to keep the medication in your system. Maybe take it with some ginger ale.

I am a p.m. dose before bedtime taker. We've all got different schedules!

Dios es Amor. Dx 10/1/2016, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/5/2016 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 5/10/2017 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 10/10/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 12/6/2018 Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 26, 2019 10:24PM Snickersmom wrote:

I take anastrozole - along with all the other things I take - in the morning after breakfast. I find that I need to have food in my stomach or I feel nauseous but I've never gotten sick. I don't know which pill can make me feel that way so I always eat first.

Dx 3/24/2017, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 5/2/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 26, 2019 10:29PM Suzyshacklechick wrote:

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences. Ithink I’ll take it with a sugerfree pudding. Maybe that can be my new ritual 🤞

Feb 26, 2019 11:23PM Dreamer54540 wrote:

I’ve been on the Anastrozole since Dec2018, first I felt sick and got headaches everyday but that went away, now I have terrible hot flashes. Why is everyone taking Claritin? I also am wondering, I had my surgery Mid Oct and my arm is still numb , does anyone know if this stays like this for life now

Dx 9/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+

Feb 26, 2019 11:44PM CindyNY wrote:

Dreamer54540- I too had the numb arm, felt like a rug burn down to my elbow. I would be holding it, kneading it, rubbing it A LOT. Then one day I realized it was less and less numb and finally it was back to normal. This was over a few months.

My anestrozole was TEVA brand, and I was a raving loon to stay on that brand. Well I couldn't find it anywhere. I even called TEVA; told it was on back order. Had to take a pill, so I started taking Accord brand. Only difference I can tell, is many more hot flashes. Again, not earth shattering, and doable - but I hate hot flashes.

Like Egregious said, isn't BC enough? I wish it were true too ❤

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/14/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 27, 2019 12:05AM PontiacPeggy wrote:

Cindy, I got stuck with the Accord brand when I refilled my rx last week. I still have about 10 days left on the ones from a Swedish manufacturer. Like you I have been adamant about getting Teva only. And I've had no problems. We'll see if that continues. Fingers crossed.

Dreamer, my underarm was tender and "nerveless" for 13 months. My BS said that whatever your arm is like at a year is how it will be forever. Obviously she was wrong. I regained virtually all feeling. There is hope! Funny that the SLNB turns out to be the most annoying part of all this for many of us.

HUGS!

Feb 27, 2019 01:19AM Dreamer54540 wrote:

Thank you for letting me know about the arm numbness. My brand is from Zydus Pharmaceutical, never knew there was a difference in brands, I’ll watch that. Hugs back!!

Dx 9/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 532 of 583 (17,466 results)