We are 226,651 members in 82 forums discussing 158,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Jul 10, 2012 05:46AM - edited Nov 15, 2017 12:07PM by Moderators

nancyjac wrote:

I found a couple of older threads about Arimidex, but they covered a large time span with a gazillion posts, so I thought I would start a new thread for Arimidex/Anastrozole users.

I am starting on Anastrozole today. Plan is to take it for 5 years, possibly longer. I already have osteopenia and osteoarthritis (limited to one knee at this point), so I am most concerned about the bone and joint side effects. I'm already frustrated by finally having some energy and stamina back after chemo and radiation, but now I have trouble exercising due to the bum knee. I'm concerned about that getting to be even more of a problem on the Anastrozole.

Please share you experiences, side effects, questions etc. about Armidex/Anastrozole here.

Edited by Mods to add content from the main Breastcancer.org site on Arimidex: Benefits, Side Effects and More

Dx 11/2011, IBC, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 12/7/2011 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/7/2011 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/10/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 4/17/2012 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 4/19/2012 Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/29/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes, Bone Hormonal Therapy 7/10/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 548 of 574 (17,200 results)

Posts 16411 - 16440 (17,200 total)

Jul 23, 2019 09:33AM ctmbsikia wrote:

Great news Peg!

I saw a trainer before starting the AI. It helped. I take 2 circuit training classes at work. It helps, but today I hurt and don't know why. Was it the heat? Did I sleep too long? Are my bones getting worse? I did just walk a couple laps around the building. I hate having a desk job. I will be out again at lunch, and will definitely have to take another walk this afternoon. Wondering if I should try the Claritin or add more supplements? I do take 1500mg glucosamine everyday.

Dx 12/14/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/16/2018, LCIS, Right Surgery 1/31/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 23, 2019 09:40AM Scrafgal wrote:

Congrats PontiacPeggy! I actually worked out and ate healthily before BC...I just want to be able to continue....I also drank a lot of water before BC but not 100 ounces. I had to bump it up due to tamoxifen!

Dx 12/2016, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/5/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/21/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/14/2017 FAC Hormonal Therapy 9/24/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 10/12/2017 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 5/9/2018 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery 10/15/2018 Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo Surgery 5/9/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Hormonal Therapy 7/22/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/6/2019 Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo

Jul 23, 2019 01:37PM Tappermom383 wrote:

CoQu10 is an interesting suggestion, Stella. I recall taking it years ago but don’t remember what it was for then. I get terrible leg and foot cramps so it would be worth a try. What’s one more pill (or two) a day!

MJ

Diagnosed at 70 after four excisional biopsies over the course of 47 years. MammaPrint came back Low Risk. DexaScan: osteopenia. Cancer removed was 1.8 cm. Dx 3/23/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/22/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/17/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 23, 2019 07:37PM Magari wrote:

Congrats, Peggy!

Like you, I've not made big lifestyle changes and side effects remain manageable.

I do use the joint stiffness as extra motivation to do my PT exercises daily and am maybe a bit more diligent about water intake. I've always been a pretty healthy eater, so have not given up my wine with dinner.

Would be interested in stats for BC in countries such as France and Italy where wine is part of the food culture.

Diagnosed at 54; Bilateral mastectomy with DTI reconstruction 10/16/17; Revision surgery to switch implants 7/19/19; Cold capped during chemo - TCHP 11/26/17 Dx 9/1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 6/3/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 8/16/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 9/16/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 23, 2019 08:07PM - edited Jul 23, 2019 08:08PM by Scrafgal

Is anyone sensitive to lactose and, if so, has the generic form of the drug led to any stomach upset? I buy lactose free milk to avoid taking Lactaid pills. I just emailed my MOs office to see whether taking the Lactaid pill with this drug would be okay...can't see why not but thought that I would ask.

Dx 12/2016, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/5/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/21/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/14/2017 FAC Hormonal Therapy 9/24/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 10/12/2017 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 5/9/2018 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery 10/15/2018 Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo Surgery 5/9/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Hormonal Therapy 7/22/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/6/2019 Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo

Jul 23, 2019 11:18PM CindyNY wrote:

Congrats PontiacPeg! How sweet it is. BIG HUGS TO YOU.

I saw the PA at my MO office today. All my basic pain issues from my hands to my knees are AI related, which I expected. For my most recent dexa scan showing osteopinia in my hip (neck), she wants me to see an endocrinologist. It was a dramatic loss since my last one prior to dx. I stated I don't want any drugs yet, but want another dexa scan next year - not in 2 years as my insurance allows. She indicated with an endocrinologist, insurance will allow it every year - which I'm very thankful for. (we'll see)

I showed her my blood work from GP at end of May and my thyroid is off as well. It could be from full breast radiation that scattered. The endocrinologist can keep an eye on it too. New Dr will contact me re: setting up an appointment.

Lastly she told me she has a very similar dx to me - no family history, size, stage, etc... She had genetic testing and it showed she carries the gene. I said I'd get genetic testing if my insurance covered it. She told me because I've had BC I can get it. So I've filled out a pile of paperwork on family members, ages, alive/dead, cancers, etc... I'm scheduled to go in this Thursday for the appointment.

Side note: by filling out these papers I noticed my dad & his brothers all had heart attacks; 1 died from massive heart attack. My dad was 62 when he had a heart attack; dad passed at 87, 16 years ago; brothers all predeceased him. WRITING ON THE WALL. I'm SO glad I have a cardiologist and I'm getting a calcium score done in October. It was a WTH moment. I had kind of forgotten how they passed.

I still take anastrozole 12:30 AM. I'm used to the SE by now, but I still don't like them. I've read that some women take a break, get back to feeling normal, and start it back up. I fear if I ever took a break I'd never start it up again, the start was worse than 6 months out, I don't want to do it again. I think (or is it fantasized? LOL) about feeling semi normal again.

That's it, thanks for the support always!

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/13/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 23, 2019 11:31PM - edited Jul 23, 2019 11:34PM by Magari

This Post was deleted by Magari.
Diagnosed at 54; Bilateral mastectomy with DTI reconstruction 10/16/17; Revision surgery to switch implants 7/19/19; Cold capped during chemo - TCHP 11/26/17 Dx 9/1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 6/3/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 8/16/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 9/16/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 24, 2019 07:24AM L8Blmr wrote:

Cangrats PontiacPeg!! Your quote is an inspiration to all of us.....not easy, but DOABLE!!

L8Blmr Dx 11/2/2017, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/15/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 1/15/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/23/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 24, 2019 08:15AM MissouriCatLady wrote:

Tappermom38, sorry you suffer from leg cramps too. SpookiesMom, you're right, tonic water is nasty!! I had a small glass last night and a potassium pill and had less trouble, but still a little trouble with leg cramps. I think the neuropathy in my feet plays tricks on my mind too. Today, I am taking my pills (except magnesium and potassium) this morning, with those others this evening, and we will see what that does! Thank you everyone, it is a good feeling to not be alone through this, although I am sorry you are here too. The weather in Missouri is beautiful today, I hope you have a good day! Lisa

diagnosed at 55, DX 10/17/18 IDC Left IIB grade 3 0/2 nodes ER+PR-HER2+, 11/7/18 TCHP, 4/4/19 Left Lumpectomy, 4/29/19 anastrozole (name-brand at CVS with a GoodRX coupon), 6/3/19 Rads, HP done 1/8/20, complete response to neoadjuvant therapy

Jul 24, 2019 10:19AM Stellawt57 wrote:

PontiacPeg Congrats on completing your 5 yr. trek on this med. hearing from you reminds me that this is very doable! For most, we have just started our trek with this med and can seem overwhelmed with the 5+ yr time frame & SE. Knowing that you and so many others did it keeps me focused on the big picture why I’m taking the drug.

Thanks to all for your wisdom, positive feedback, honesty, & embraces as I/we move forward through thistrek.

Just an additional note, the pharmacist shared that our body produces CoQu 10 and as we mature over the yrs the body produces less and less so supplementing is typical.

Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/3/2018 Surgery 10/3/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 10/8/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 24, 2019 01:10PM MissouriCatLady wrote:

I have had someone tell me this is very good for leg cramps. It runs about $18 for the small size and $28 for this size, at a "natural" kind of grocery or herbal store. I'm going to try it. Mix it with water and drink it. Just in case anyone else might find this helpful. Thanks, Lisa

diagnosed at 55, DX 10/17/18 IDC Left IIB grade 3 0/2 nodes ER+PR-HER2+, 11/7/18 TCHP, 4/4/19 Left Lumpectomy, 4/29/19 anastrozole (name-brand at CVS with a GoodRX coupon), 6/3/19 Rads, HP done 1/8/20, complete response to neoadjuvant therapy

Jul 24, 2019 01:17PM PontiacPeggy wrote:

Thank you all for the kind words. I think my 5 year journey has been quite smooth and uneventful - for which I am thankful. I know a lot of it is the encouragement of you all.

Good luck!

HUGS!

Peggy. Diagnosed age 68., Oncotype 13. Everything is doable - not easy, but doable. Dx 6/5/2014, IDC, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/23/2014, DCIS, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1 Surgery 7/23/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 9/1/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/16/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 25, 2019 03:46AM Rosiesride wrote:

Pontiac Peg...congrats on NED! You and I are on almost the same time frame with our BC...end of treatment /NED 5 year anny for me will be on August 13...I also am like you in that the anastrozole SE has not been too bad...in the first year, some hot flashes, I also take the Claritin and I believe that helps with bone pain issues.

I am back on this site and enjoy seeing the old "gang" from 2013 diagnosis group. Some health issues here but they are manageable at this point (neuropathy, osteopenia).

Hang in there y'all and it's so good to have this support! Have a great day! Rosie

Dx 12/17/2013, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 3/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/3/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 2/10/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 6/19/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/29/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 25, 2019 03:34PM atomicblonde wrote:

Hi Mini1 - I couldn't agree more about Anastrozole in terms of sleeplessness and sad mood. I feel like I have no threshold for tears any more - essentially anything is a trigger. That's not easy at work! And I just can't fall asleep. These are SE with taking only every other day so far. I started on the Lethrozole and took it from Nov - May. That turned me into a bossy aggressive and antigonized XXXXX. So my Onc said take a month off and start the Anastrozole at every other day. So June- to end of July and I'm very sad, thinking sad thoughts and crying several times a day. (the tears are not related to low blood sugar either which I tested just in case). He's suggesting a low dose antidepressant. I can see the logic there but honestly how many SE will that bring to the table?

I'd love to hear advice from those who have added an antidepressant.

Jul 25, 2019 06:34PM Stellawt57 wrote:

Atomicblond, I hear you with the emotional roller coaster! I experienced frustration, anxiety, mood swings from one extreme to another, and sadness with tears at the drop of a pin. I also became an agitated irate bitty! I think all was magnified due to the lack of sleep. At my 6 month checkup myMO NP wanted to prescribe an antidepressant, but I said no more meds that could lead to additional SE. I had done a search through my center & decided to go to an Integrative Dr. I also looked into the three on staff & decided who I wanted to see. She specializes in treating cancer patients & those with arthritis. The referral was made and I’m very happy with the course of intervention we created. I do acupuncture, take magnesium Natural Calm, magnesium glycinate & liquid bioactive B12 for the emotional roller coaster. It also helps to talk with her while she sets the needles to share how I’m feeling and what’s going on from day to day and now week to week! She’s great, totally appreciate her. I also take curcumin for joint pain from my arthritis that I had prior to dx, but intensified when I started the anastrozole. Lastly I take melatonin before bed to help with the insomnia. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/3/2018 Surgery 10/3/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 10/8/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 25, 2019 08:18PM Taco1946 wrote:

I've taken a mild anti-depressant and anti seizure medication for years following an intracerebral hematoma. MO switched me from nortriptiline to venlaxime about 6 months into AI's. And the hot flashes went away (and at 72 that's no big deal!) I was on much more of an emotional roller coaster with anastrozole than femora and it sure seems as if no one can figure out why the SE's effect us differently.

So glad a more integrative approach is working for you, Stella. I have a one-on-one relationship like you describe with your actupuncturist with my masseuse and she has listened and cared for me through so many rough patches.

I know many have also made significant diet changes but like PotomacPeggy, I didn't. I had already had two orthopedic procedures before BC and just had a total knee done although I think that is MUCH more a function of OLD than AI's.

I know it's a small thing but hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, especially during the warmer months. I sure am missing regular exercise right now too.

Dx 11/22/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 12/28/2016 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 2/2/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary

Jul 25, 2019 08:32PM JaneQPoppy wrote:

Atomicblond, I cry every day, sometimes several times a day. I haven't attributed it to the Arimidex until now. I thought it was because the world is in such a mess. I usually cry while I'm reading the headlines on my computer. I've always been a sad mopey person, and I don't think I'm any more so now. I've been on Arimidex for 4 years and my 5 years will be up next June. I have taken myself off for 3 weeks to see if my shoulder pain goes away. It has decreased, but still not much relieved. I'm due to go back on it this coming Saturday. I was thinking of bailing on it, but I'm feeling superstitious.

Dx 3/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/12/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 6/10/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 25, 2019 09:45PM atomicblonde wrote:

Stellawt57- thank you so much for reminding that accupuncture may help! I have a gal who I haven’t seen since this whole thing started last year - time to refresh that relationship! I will also up my magnesium, I also use cucurmin and B12. The melatonin I need to exercise more routine there - by the time I fully realize I need to take it, it’s already so late that I’m afraid I’ll be hung over from it the next morning! I like sleep assure brand best - melatonin plus velarian type herbal mix so you don’t pop back out during the night. I agree re antiD about no more SE too and will think long and hard before I start - if I start. Finally yes I agree that time spent talking helps - and my lymphedema message therapist is angel. I am so grateful for the help - it’s all around me - that I am often overcome by the sense of grace. I’m sure you know what I mean!

Jul 25, 2019 10:04PM atomicblonde wrote:

Thank you JaneQPoppy - I’m glad you’re in year 4 and continue to tolerate it! That gives me hope! Good luck with your shoulder! I love my message therapist who I only met because of the threat of lymphedema. She works on all areas for me including ‘softening’ my reconstituted ‘girls’ and helped on the burning feet. Maybe try that

Jul 25, 2019 10:28PM atomicblonde wrote:

Taco1946 - thank you for the venlaxine comment - that’s what the onc is recommending. I’m glad to hear it helped you. I’m hoping to get essentially a micro dose and go from there while keeping an eye on my mood. I’m still shaking my head at how big an impact the letrozole had on my personality before I actually detected it. The Ai start coincided with going back to work so it was hard to untangle what was the stress of returning to work from the SE of the AI. So I am actually grateful the tearfulness is so obvious with the anastrozole. At least I caught the SE faster this time! I’m a self aware emotionally sturdy woman normally. My way of saying, all this is really head spinning, this new reality

Jul 26, 2019 06:22AM - edited Jul 26, 2019 06:25AM by MamaOz

I just started taking a liquid calcium before bed as I was struggling taking the pills. It has 300mg of magnesium

Blue bonnet calcium mag and a little d3 I add a few drops of k2 as well take one tbs before bed. Stopped my leg aches and I slept better than ever

It has 600 mg of calcium. So Ive decided to just take

My new chapter bone strenghth in morning which only has @50 mg of mag.

And the liquid before bed

I take my arimidex in morning with 1000-2000 mg of D3

Hoping this helps my bones as im still osteopenic and being a weeny about taking bisphoshimates...

Mamaoz : chemo 1/.17-4/17 AC/.paxitacil : 3/29 nodes Dx 12/5/2016, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 3/29 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/20/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 8/7/2017 Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 26, 2019 05:30PM Humblepeace wrote:

Congrats PontiacPeggy on 5 years...that’s great news of encouragement.

Hey Members,

I have some updates, I have been having hip and lower back pain starting 8 months after starting Arimidex. I had other pains as well, arm, shoulder, feet, and wrist, which all come and go. The pain that is most constant is the hip lower back area. My right wrist and thumb also started about 2 months ago. I had an X-ray which should no signs of inflammation or fractures and no arthritis on the side of the pain, or so says rheumatologist. However, since the pain has been ever present in different degrees of how bad it hurts (sometimes 5, sometimes 7). I rejected physical therapy and asked for a MRI. My question is, does anyone experience a consistent pain while others seem to come and go? Thanks so much for always being supportive and ready with the best information

Dx 3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+ Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Chemotherapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right

Jul 26, 2019 06:41PM CBK wrote:

Humblepeace

Yup that’s exactly how it goes for me. The joint and bone pain moves around dramatically.. see my signature on ovary removal plus Arimidex on top of it. A very harsh reality of treatment for a strongly ER + gal with a grade 3 tumor.

The best I can tell you is, keep moving how ever that works for you. I’m an avid yogini, weight lifter and dog mom. But keep moving .. and the joint pain moves around dramatically as well.

Peace.

Dx 3/26/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/11/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 7/22/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 1/25/2018 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 2/18/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 4/9/2018 Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Silicone implant Surgery 9/28/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/3/2019 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Silicone implant

Jul 28, 2019 12:25PM kcrd4766 wrote:

Thank you for sharing. For curcumin, one other thing to note is that it is better absorbed in a hydro-soluble form since there are challenges in the digestive tract absorbing it.

Jul 28, 2019 09:19PM Humblepeace wrote:

CBK- Thanks for your response. I have an MRI scheduled for this Tuesday 7/30 and I’m praying for a good report. I don’t think too much about the pain that moves, it’s the constant right lower back/hip area that bugs me. It also get worse as my day goes on. I’ll keep you updated. Thanks again

Dx 3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+ Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Chemotherapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right

Jul 30, 2019 04:16AM WorryThePooh wrote:

Congrats Pontiac Peg on finishing the 5 years! Do you taper it off gradually in the fifth year, or just stop taking it abruptly?

I thought when I started on the pills that I was doing amazingly well on Al. So much so that at times I felt the struggle was behind me, and it would virtually slip my mind that I had BC, as if it had just been a bad dream. BUT over the last few months I have steadily been getting more and more pains in my joints, mainly my knees, hands and neck. Also getting a lot more hot flushes, and attacks of sadness. No answers for all this I know, just needed to tell someone, to tell people who know what I am going through.

Dx 11/2018, IDC, Right, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/21/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 12/13/2018 Whole-breast Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 30, 2019 05:45AM MACTAZ wrote:

WorrythePooh, how long have you been on AI? I felt the same and was doing well until about 9 weeks ago. I started anastrozole on Feb 22 so had been on it approx 3 1/2 months before I started seeing changes. I always had joint pain due to arthritis but noticed an increase in the pain level and more joints being affected. I exercise about 2 hrs a day so that helped. Also on bad days took tramadol to get through. I think I could deal with that but then the blue days came on strong and found myself sad and depressed most days. My OC put me on a 3 week vacation from meds, it ends on Thursday ( my last H&P infusion YEAH) and I will meet with him to discuss what to do next. I’ve read sometimes the reset can lessen the SE so I will ask him about that. I’m not sure going to another med will help, there has been a lot of discussion about different brands and fillers but my most debilitating SE was my mental health which I’m pretty sure is due to stripping the estrogen from my body based on my reading. I don’t want to take antidepressants to offset the SE which could cause other SE’s, not sure what I will do but hopefully will have a plan later this week.

PontiacPeg, I know you are close to your 5 years, congrats and wish you all the best!

Take care all.

Neo-adjunct therapy-TCHP (6 infusions ), Single MX right with TE, reconstruction-reduction and lift of left, implant and nipple reconstruction (3 surgeries), adjunct therapy H&P (11 infusions), hormone therapy. Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (DUAL) Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 9/19/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3

Jul 30, 2019 06:05AM MissouriCatLady wrote:

Mactaz, Congrats on finishing H&P! I go through November. Look forward to the day my nose stops running! It is good to know that hormone pill side effects can start a few months in - the same is happening to me. I checked with my MO and will take 4000 IU vitamin D3 and he suggested Advil or Motrin for my knee pain. We did have a change in the weather and he mentioned arthritis. Having a good doctor is such a blessing, someone who listens and is always encouraging you that things will get better. I've had hot flashes and he always tells me they won't last. Gives you hope! We went on a short walk last night and will be doing that every night, a little longer if possible, thank you for encouraging exercise.

My hair is about one-half inch now. I put a little mousse in it today and took my mirror to see what it looked like in back (I hardly ever do that). A little thin on the top and, just for a moment, I felt sad. I kicked myself and remembered when it fell out, and how grateful I am that it came back, even if it is a little thin. I am alive. Take care and have a wonderful day, Lisa

Jul 30, 2019 10:33AM PontiacPeggy wrote:

WorryThePooh, I don't go off anastrozole until October. I plan to just stop it. I don't see that, for me, it is necessary to taper off.

Do consider asking for antidepressants. Sometimes they can help.

Good luck!

HUGS!

Peggy. Diagnosed age 68., Oncotype 13. Everything is doable - not easy, but doable. Dx 6/5/2014, IDC, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/23/2014, DCIS, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1 Surgery 7/23/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 9/1/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/16/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 30, 2019 12:04PM CindyNY wrote:

A friend of mine is also on Anastrozole. She got very blue around spring and got on an antidepressant. She has gained a lot of weight, but the blues are gone. She said her sanity was worth it. Can't hurt to ask your Dr.

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/13/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 548 of 574 (17,200 results)