Topic: Halaven - Day 1

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Dec 14, 2010 03:05PM

Posted on: Dec 14, 2010 03:05PM

PJB wrote:

So, I'm the first person on this newly approved chemo at my med center. Lots of people who told me side effects.... They had a fancy dinner put on by the drug company last night so they all would know about it... :) Funny, no one gave ME steak and shrimp.  

Anyway, got hooked up to some saline as usual (altho, my onc's nurse wasn't sure why. She suggested since they charge so much, they had to do something... Apparently, it's unnecessary) The drug itself comes in a little syringe and they put it into the line over 5 minutes. Then, unhook you and you're done. All told, getting hooked up and waiting for pharmacy to get the drug over, etc., took about 30 minutes. 

Main SE's are neuropathy (have it, thanks to Ixempra), drop in blood counts (they say to plan on it next week), hair loss (already have that...), they'll watch liver enzymes (they're up from when I had my last Ixempra, but not too bad and tumor markers are the same... 

So, we'll see... I'll let you guys know what comes up down the road. I'll have it again next week, then a week off. Hopefully, it'll kill cancer like gangbusters.

Thanks for all your good wishes,

Paula 

May 2004, Stage 2 IDC. Recurrence in 2005. On Femara til mets diagnosis in Feb 2009. On Faslodex 8/11. Brain mets in April 2012. Progression in liver 6/12. On to Etoposide. Dx mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 293 of 293 (2,925 results)

Sep 22, 2022 08:09PM newgardener wrote:

Hi Pots,

I started erubilin this week too (on Tuesday). No fevers, but I did take my temperature a couple of times because I developed a headache and earache the first night.

I had trouble sleeping because of the steriods - I'm hoping they'll cut my dose next time. So I'm very fatigued. No nausea fortunately. I did take odansetron on day 1.

I lost my hair on the clinical trial I was just on so my hair is very patchy - about 1/8". But my eyebrows and eyelashes have made a teeny appearance - I sure hope to keep them.

Good luck!

Treatments: Stage IIa - Mx, AC-T, tamoxifen, MBC - letrozole (2 yrs), oopherectomy, fulvestrant (1.5 yrs), exemestane/everolimus (1 yr), capecitabine (7 mths), palbociclib/bazedoxifene (trial, 2yrs), enobosarm (trial, 3 months), inavolisib/fulvestrant (trial, 1.5 yrs), clinical trial (2 mths), paclitaxel (9 mths), clinical trial (3 mths), abemaciclib (1 yr), enfortumab vedotin (trial, 6 mths), just about to start eribulin. Dx 2004, IDC, Stage IIA, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2010, IDC, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 8, 2022 04:25PM nopink2019 wrote:

I'm back to Eribulin. Worked great, in 3 months liver tumors decreased by half. But caused peripheral neuropathy. After a break of a month, numbness is gone, so MO put me back on this at a 10% reduction in dose. Markers still decreased during break, so I might take another one at some point.

2008: Stage 1 ER+/ PR-/ HER2- (lumpectomy, ACT, rads +7 yrs AI) 2019: Stage 4 (lungs & liver). Treatment, then progression - Kisqali & fluvestrant (18 mos), Aromasin & Afinitor (6 mos), Xeloda (6 mos). Started 6/2022 Eribulin. Since 2019: Lexapro for depression & Ritalin for fatigue

Oct 8, 2022 04:27PM nopink2019 wrote:

My hair started growing back after 2nd month of treatment, but is stagnant now. Eyebrows & eyelashes are growing back slowly. Waiting to see what restart will do to hair.

2008: Stage 1 ER+/ PR-/ HER2- (lumpectomy, ACT, rads +7 yrs AI) 2019: Stage 4 (lungs & liver). Treatment, then progression - Kisqali & fluvestrant (18 mos), Aromasin & Afinitor (6 mos), Xeloda (6 mos). Started 6/2022 Eribulin. Since 2019: Lexapro for depression & Ritalin for fatigue

Oct 8, 2022 09:51PM - edited Oct 8, 2022 09:51PM by rosie24

NoPink—. Thanks for letting us know how things are going with you and Eribulin. It's very interesting that your neuropathy went away and your markers are still dropping. And the best news is about your liver lesions shrinking. I hope your news continues to be good and that the rest of us on Eribulin get some positive news too.🌻.

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/4/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 12/4/2019 Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 3/18/2020 Whole breast Dx IDC/DCIS, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Nov 25, 2022 03:19PM nopink2019 wrote:

I've had 4 infusions of eribulin since my break. Fatigue seems worse than before. I think some of it is mental fatigue, can't seem to get interested in any activity. Mornings are good then I'm pretty useless, even with things I could or need to do. Maybe my give-a-shit-er is wearing out. No MO visit @next week's infusion, but will discuss mid-Dec. I have a break scheduled @end of Dec before scans early Jan, so this is probably just how I'll be til then. Guess I'm just griping, thanks for symphathetic ears.

Page 293 of 293 (2,925 results)

Scroll to top button