Join Us

We are 218,705 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Need Your Tips for Members Newly Diagnosed Stage IV

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Oct 5, 2016 01:22PM

Moderators wrote:

Looking for your tips to share with members who have been newly diagnosed stage IV/metastatic. Being diagnosed with Stage IV/Metastatic disease involves a unique set of concerns. If you could give your newly-diagnosed-with-mets self advice/tips/encouragement, what would you say? Please post in the thread below.

We're hoping to share these tips in our next Community Email Newsletter, with a highlight on National Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day, Oct 13, so any and all tips/advice you could share in the next week would be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance to this very special and valued group!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 5 of 5 (122 results)

Posts 121 - 122 (122 total)

Feb 26, 2020 08:21PM dlittkemann wrote:

I was told in Jan one met pelvis. Then radiation dr said not convinced it’s cancer. So off to a 3rd opinion and he tells me it’s through my whole spine. I’m in total shock. I have to be here for my 5 year old at least til he’s 20. I am happy to see good stories here. Helps a lot. I haven’t even started tx yet for the mets. Chemo and immunotherapy coming up and I hope soon!!! Will be coming to this page a lot

Dx 4/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 4/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/25/2018 Radiation Therapy 1/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Sep 23, 2020 11:19AM lizzibee1 wrote:

Thank you so much for your post- I was dx last month as stage 4 and am still reeling. I have started treatment and thats OK so far, but I just am so scared about what to expect next. I totally understand the views of others when they say they wake up and do a quick check- how am I today? Thanks all of you for your positive posts- really helpful. xx

Page 5 of 5 (122 results)