Topic: Long term "high oncotype test" survivors

Forum: High Risk of Recurrence or Second Breast Cancer — Managing high recurrence risk or high risk of developing a second breast cancer.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2008 11:54AM

Posted on: Aug 8, 2008 11:54AM

1OUgirl wrote:

Is there any long term survivors who have had a high oncotype score.  I know that this test is relatively new but I also know that it has been on the market at least 4 years.  So I know that "long term" regarding this test isn't very long term.  I had it done 3 years and 4 months ago.  My oncotype score was 52.  My onc told me that the test had been on the market only about 8 months.  I'm just curious about others who have had an extremely high score and are still clear (so to speak).  I am doing great with no signs of any kind.  Is there alot of others out there?  By the way, I love this site.

Dx 4/1/2005, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap; Reconstruction (right): Saline implant

Page 25 of 65 (650 results)

Mar 26, 2016 03:54PM thinkingpositive wrote:

Quinncat. Thanks for posting that. It makes me feel alot better!!

Dx 9/2014, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/22/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant, Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Chemotherapy 12/4/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Apr 25, 2016 08:42PM nottoday wrote:

IOUgirl,

Thanks so much for creating this thread and for continuing to post on it! I've learned a lot from everyone here and it has helped me navigate my own anxieties about my RS39!

Dx 7/23/2014, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/21/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/19/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

May 1, 2016 01:57PM cajunqueen15 wrote:

tkemp, hugs to you!!! Let me know how you are doing.😊

I am hanging in after my hysterectomy. But that's all it feels like I am doing. Praying for brighter days ahead.

Hoping to hear more good stories here.

35 @ dx. BRCA2. Disciple, wife, mother of twins (6) & son (4), attorney. e3 trial (complete). Blue/MammaPrint, High-risk Luminal B. Prolia (start 6/16). Dx 7/22/2015, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/28/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 2/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/28/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/12/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 4/19/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/1/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

May 1, 2016 05:21PM thinkingpositive wrote:

cajunqueen15. Hope you are doing well? Was there any reason you discontinued with the evirolimus? I was going to talk to my MO about it next week.

Dx 9/2014, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/22/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant, Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Chemotherapy 12/4/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

May 1, 2016 05:50PM cajunqueen15 wrote:

thinking - I have hit my first real depression during this period. The instant menopause has proved really tough. I feel very unstable, angry, and sad.

Re: Everolimus, I had once of those rare but serious reactions nobody prepares you for. I started having symptoms mimicking a heart attack, called 911 and ended up in the ER. I was told there could be mouth sores, peeling hands and feet and reduced immunity. I was really frightened. I have never called 911 before in my life!

35 @ dx. BRCA2. Disciple, wife, mother of twins (6) & son (4), attorney. e3 trial (complete). Blue/MammaPrint, High-risk Luminal B. Prolia (start 6/16). Dx 7/22/2015, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/28/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 2/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/28/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/12/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 4/19/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/1/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

May 3, 2016 07:43PM QuinnCat wrote:

Notoday - we are both 39's! You are the only other 39 I have ever met. :) See my previous post on this thread for my stats. I suspect both of us got that score because of PR-.

May 5, 2016 06:17AM thinkingpositive wrote:

cajunqueen15...hope you are doing better!! I go to my mo today. Have not dropped a pound and I am not eating very much so I know it's the Fermara. Depressed over the weight gain. I know cholesterol is probably still high due to the Fermara.

May 5, 2016 09:46PM cajunqueen15 wrote:

Thinking, I'm sorry about the weight gain... That must be very frustrating. Can you try another AI? I take Arimidex... Other than initial depression now being relieved by Effexor, no SEs...yet.

I'm actually feeling much better. I started the Everolimus (which is specifically for high risk of recurrence patients) trial with xanax this time and no ill effects.

May 6, 2016 03:49PM - edited May 6, 2016 03:51PM by thinkingpositive

Cajun.. Glad you are feeling better. I mentioned not being able to lose any weight to my mo and he suggested if I wanted he would change me to anestrole?? Not sure how to spell it. Maybe the generic for arimidex? I told him I would think about it. I hate to change and end up with worse side effects. Right now I don't have any depression. Only minor joint pain when I get up and weight gain and high cholesterol. I also asked him about Prolia as recent studies have shown that to help with recurrence he said I could switch to that as well from actonel that I take

May 7, 2016 12:13PM cajunqueen15 wrote:

yes, anastrozole =Arimidex.

I'm not taking anything for nine density yet - I'm afraid of the jaw necrosis thing. I need to go to the dentist and have a mercury filling replaced first, ugh.

Is the actonal causing the high cholesterol too? Everolimus can do that too...I get monitored regularly now.

Page 25 of 65 (650 results)

Scroll to top button