We are 214,047 members in 82 forums discussing 152,598 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Lymph node involvement?

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Nov 30, 2018 08:22PM - edited Nov 30, 2018 08:22PM by leftshark

leftshark wrote:

Has anyone out there had lymph node involvement? I was diagnosed with IDC in October and had a bilateral mastectomy on Nov. 20.

My tumor was 6 cm and I had 9 of 15 lymph nodes involved. I had a CT scan today will have have a bone scan on Monday.

I'm terrified I'm about to die or that it's Stage 4. I'll know when the scans are back.

Has anyone else had this many lymph nodes involved? If so, how are you doing? I'm so scared.

Dx 10/26/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IB, Grade 2, 9/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/19/2018 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Nov 30, 2018 08:54PM beeline wrote:

Hi leftshark, im so sorry you’re here with us. You are at the worst part right now — waiting for all the info to come in. Once you have your results and a plan you will feel better. As you can see from my signature I also had a lot of nodes positive, 10 out of 22. Many, many of us here have. If you go to the stage 3 forum you can read lots of success stories in the 5, 10 and 15 years out threads. Lots of wome with many positive nodes are thriving years later, including one of my favourite posters whose username is “lottanodes”! Hang in there — you’ve got this!

American in NZ. Dx’d at (only?!) 42 Dx 7/17/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 8/2/2018 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Dx 8/21/2018, DCIS/IDC/Paget's, Right, 2cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 10/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Chemotherapy 9/17/2018 AC + T (Taxol)

Nov 30, 2018 09:14PM Pre-K79 wrote:

Hi leftshark,

Great user name! I remember the shock of the surgeon calling me with the news that 16 of my nodes had cancer, including a couple just bursting with it. And this was after neoadjuvant chemo. I felt so hopeless and scared. I’m only a year and some months out so can’t offer you long term hope (yet!!!) but I could sense the panic in your post and wanted to reach out. I echo beeline’s suggestion to seek out the stage 3 forums, I’ve saved many topics there as my favorites. Best wishes on your scans, hope you get theresults soon and it’s good news!

Diagnosed at 38, triple negative in breast, HER2 + in nodes Dx 7/19/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 16/19 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/10/2017 AC Chemotherapy 9/28/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 1/18/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/16/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 6/24/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Dec 1, 2018 12:48AM Falconer wrote:

well, my mom had many many positive nodes; not sure how many, but that was almost 25 years ago. She's now 77, grandmother of 6 and still going strong. I hope you feel confident in your doctors- she still praises her oncologist and the technician who found the cancer in the first place. Good luck to you!

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 5, 2018 02:06AM - edited Dec 5, 2018 02:09AM by leftshark

Thank you all so much!!! My bone and CT scans came back clean. But I'm scared to let my guard down. I'm still totally freaked out that there's still cancer floating around. I should start AC-T chemo in two or three weeks before 34 radiation treatments.

I'm super confused about the stage because my oncologist wrote 1B on my chart but told be I was Stage 3. 🤪

I am so glad there are so many Stage 3 and lymph node success stories here.

(And I went with left shark because my left boob failed me, just like the left shark failed Katy Perry in the Super Bowl halftime show. 😂)

Dx 10/26/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IB, Grade 2, 9/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/19/2018 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Dec 5, 2018 02:54AM PebblesV wrote:

Hi leftshark - yes, I have (or had) cancer in 2 sentinel nodes, had a good cry when I learned of that, and am going through treatment right now and so far doing fine, and actually pretty upbeat now that I have a plan of action. Honestly the hardest part for me was waiting for the results of the CT scan and bone scan, and it was a huge relief when they came back clean - I'm so glad they've come back clean for you too! I took every silver lining I could see after the positive lymph nodes, and clean CT scans and bone scans are a huge silver lining.

Mine was also a confusing stage. The pathologists write mine down as stage 1B because my tumor was 1.7cm (less than 2cm) and then my surgeon told them to change it to stage 2B because of the lymph nodes! Honestly, all it means is it's early stage. The best thing is that you (a) have a plan of action to conquer this and (b) there are a LOT of success stories out there, on these forums and in general!

Regarding radiation - I am going through it now and just completed 25 out of 30 sessions, and I'm FINE! My skin has held up really well - I put 100% pure aloe vera gel (from Fruit of the Earth) on in the morning and evening and Miaderm immediately after radiation treatment. Definitely look up Miaderm when it's time for your radiation!

Dx 9/7/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 9/19/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)