Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How fast does IBC grow?

Options

Comments

• rosied51
    rosied51 Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2008
    Options

They did the contrast dye. That is what I'm thinking is they are going by the standard symptoms. I need to find out if IBC can spread to the lymph nodes in the neck area as on the right side feels swollen and painful definetly not sore throat I know the difference and htis is totally out of character.Should know by Mom/Tues latest as I have an appt with him

• Caseysmom
    Caseysmom Member Posts: 70
    edited December 2008
    Options

Rosie:

Yes IBC can spread to the lymph nodes in the neck area. I would demand a biopsy on some of your swollwn lymph nodes.  Also have you had a PET scan done?

Hugs

Laura

• rosied51
    edited December 2008
    Options

No pet scan just the normal, mam, sonog , mri but all come back okay but yet the breast is red, itchy, and painful stabbing pains in armpit and just to the right of the center of my neck colllarbone area  is where it is painful as well

• Caseysmom
    edited December 2008
    Options

Rosie:

I would then demand a biopsy on the lymph nodes.  

Laura

• rosied51
    edited December 2008
    Options

Will try and persuade my Dr think she is getting tired of all my calls

• Caseysmom
    edited December 2008
    Options

Rosie:

It's your health and you have ever right to know what is going on with it.  

After I was finished with my treatment I would call either my PCP or my Onc with any little problem.  I even told both of my doctors that they must be tired of all my calls.  They both reassured me that I had ever right to call or come in for any problems.  If you do not get any satisfaction from your doctor I would get a second opinion.  Something is going on and they need to get to the bottom of the problem so that if need be treatment can be started.

Keeping my fingers crossed for b9 results of your biopsy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Laura

• rosied51
    edited December 2008
    Options

well after yesterdays visit this DR is on her way out. I went there on time, had to wait 45 minutes before she even walked in the room then she left again after handing me a pink 1/2 chest gown and didn't see anyone  for another 1/2 hr and that is after I called my husband on his cell in waiting room, he went up to the desk and asked does the DR know my wife is in there well then she comes after another 10 minutes, the whole time I'm freezin in this little chest cover.Finally did the biospy, now we wait yet again for 1 week. Needle aspiration.

• runalot08
    runalot08 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2008
    Options

Rosie,

Rosie,

Sorry to hear about your hurry up and wait.  Just wondering why they did an asperation?  Did you have a cyst or lump as well as your other symptoms?  Did you ask about a core or a skin biopsy? I know you are concerned about IBC.  Or maybe they asperated a lymph node?  Just curious.

Happy Holidays! I talked to my parents and they are having snow for Christmas too!

Vickie

• rosied51
    edited December 2008
    Options

She did the needle aspiration in the dimpled area . Not clear on anything anymore.

• runalot08
    edited December 2008
    Options

Rosie,

How long till you hear back on the aspiration?

• rosied51
    edited December 2008
    Options

Hopefully maybe by tomorrow, I am really concerned as the lymph node area on my right side of my throat  is really painful no sore throat type pain but just plain painful.

• runalot08
    edited December 2008
    Options

Rosie my fingers are crossed.  As you find your results tomorrow I should be doing my MRI.  Wow, our stress meters must be on over load.  I am thinking of you...want anything from Hawaii? Tongue out

Vickie

• rosied51
    edited December 2008
    Options

Yeah a good looking male hula dancer

• rosied51
    edited December 2008
    Options

Well the news on the aspiration is it came back with normal fluid, blood & fat. I am so distressed as last nite my breast was purple with white dimple spots all under the right side, my next appt is Jan 6 and then on the 7th I see the breast wellness clinic Dr.I forgot to add that I think now I may be wrong but I am thinking something is attacking something as my rib right below my breast is very tender  to touch  and sore  when moving as well any ideas. I know it is not from anything I've done, and the right side lymph nodes are still very painful, guess I am in it for the long haul HUh.

• rosied51
    edited January 2009
    Options

Well today and tomorrow are breast Dr's back to back. If this Dr today doesn't see what is going on then she needs glasses. My whole upper chest/ neck is and has been flushed red for 2 weeks now and the pain is only getting worse, so if by tomorrow I have no concrete answers I will be traveling.The neck lymph are involved and the pain goes into the upper inside of my arm  so it has to be from the lymph nodes.

• runalot08
    edited January 2009
    Options

Rosie

Good luck today and tomorrow with your appointments I hope you finally get somewhere that give you answers and peace.  I hope you get a good doc that makes you feel they are working for you not against you.  Let us all know how it goes.

Vickie

• rosied51
    edited January 2009
    Options

Vickie, Oh my goodness, not only did I not see a Dr but left the office without stopping in at the desk. The PA claims my redness is normal yeah normal , I am quoting her she has seen alot of IBC cases and they are all engorged and inflammed. I told her she needs to start educating herself. I informed her that I have done alot of research and that it is stated that is not true in all cases. She wanted me to take yet another pill over the counter, said Thanks but no Thanks. They were upset that my primary did the needle aspiration, you should of seen the look she gave me.She asked me if I wanted to see Dr ???? said no informed her of my last visit told her he needs new bedside manner. My breast is no shape no way normal, said the dry looking area is normal due to weather duhhhhhhhhhhh I use lotion  and only 1 breast .ARRRRRGGGG.

• runalot08
    edited January 2009
    Options

I am sooooo sorry Rosie that your day was a pot.  Did they say why they were upset about the needle aspiration?  Did you tell them you use lotion and point out the one breast thing or is that an after thought?  Just wondering what their comments were if you had said that directly to them.  What are you going to do now?  What did she say about you doing research and that all cases are not the same?

Again I am sorry.  I leave here tomorrow am to go back home.  I can wait to see my family.  I am supposed to see the doc asap when I get home.  I guess she wants to discuss the next step.  Keep me informed.  Do you see another doc tomorrow?

Vickie

• rosied51
    edited January 2009
    Options

yes tomorrow the Breast wellness clinic

• runalot08
    edited January 2009
    Options

Well Rosie how did it go?  I am back home now and have my next appt on Wed to see where we head.  I hope your 2nd appt went better than the first.

Vickie

• ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2009
    Options

I  will help you out . dont wait dont wait i have icb. I didnt not have the red nedd to say. I  went on line looked uo breast cancer and looked at pictures my looking at the picture i know . my breast looked likethe picture.When the doctors dx ibc with in one week i was on chemo. I was dx in aug 07 hang in there god will be with you

• rosied51
    edited January 2009
    Options
    well the Dr said yesterday she was puzzled. They could not say yes, nor could they say no.I asked about a bisopy and they more or less said well we will wait and see. Put me on Procardia which is a pressure med and said to keep an eye on it, I informed them that my right side feels swollen it hurts more and more. They are curious as why the nipple turns white they said it would be if I was nursing but not. Not sure what to do. Someone told me to take pictures of my breast at different times of the day . I do not know where to go from here, all they keep saying well your MRI looks real good.Frown
  • runalot08
    edited January 2009
    Options

Rosie have you sent your MRI to be read by another radiologist for a second opinion?  This may be a good thing to do.  They could come back with the same reading or a different one.  Either way it may help.

Vickie

• rosied51
    edited January 2009
    Options

Right now I am numb as everything is just up in the air, don't know what to think or where to go, each days my breast and armpit hurt more and more. Tonite the under arm today feels fuller and seems to be more sweat resistant.

• casey1225
    casey1225 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2009
    Options

So what happened Rosie?

• crystal50
    crystal50 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Options

I was diagnosed with ibc in dec 2010 since then i have recieved chemo, radiation and both breasts removed. I have had herceptin for a year and kadcyla for two years. I have now metastatic lymphgantic spread to both lungs, also to my right shoulder bone. I am currently waiting on drug approval for tykerb and xeloda through my insurance. My last treatment was march 12,2015 I am on 2 liters of oxygen now not able to work . Since i am not taking any treatments while i wait on my insurance could this cancer get worse in my lungs while I wait?

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hello Crystal,nice to meet you. I dont know the answer to your question, and hopefully someone who can help will respond soon. I am glad you have found this website, it is a wealth of information and support! Waiting is so hard, and when you do not feel well it is 10x harder. Please know I am thinking of you and sending comfort your way.

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    edited April 2015
    Options

I wish I had an answer for your question - I don't. I've been looking on line tonight and can't find any info on how rapidly IBC mets progress. What is your Dr saying?

We all have to be (learn to be) our own best advocate - just like we did for our kids/loved ones. It is harder to stand up for ourselves but we have to. 'Hound' your Dr to keep on the insurance company. 'Hound' the insurance company yourself! Don't just sit back and wait on them - push. If they don't like it - too bad - you need/deserve approval NOW, not just your papers being 'shuffled around'. The 'squeaky wheel gets the grease'.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Dimel
    Dimel Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi all. Don't know quite what to make about this red rash I have on my right breast. Just started a few days ago, is extremely itchy and warm to touch. Do you think I should be concerned or just wait to see if the rash goes away?

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited April 2015
    Options

I agree with kicks 100%

Dimel, I wouldnt be alarmed, but yes, I would call my Doctor, make an appointment to be seen. If it goes away in the meantime, great. If not, you will be getting professional advice. Many breast issues are benign, but I have heard more than one breast cancer sister say, "it started with an itchy place", me included. But we cannot think that every itch is cancer! Can you imagine how crazy we would all be in about one day?!. We must follow thru and watch our breasts, they seem to have a mind all their own!