Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How fast does IBC grow?

Options
13»

Comments

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    edited April 2015
    Options

There are MANY possible reasons for redness/rash and itchiness on the breast that have nothing to do with any type of BC. The vast majority of skin issues (redness/rash) have other causes. It does make sense to find out what is going on, sooner better than later. No one here is a medical professional who is actually seeing you to make a DX.

Remember IBC is rare - only between 1% - 5% of all diagnosed BCs. It is aggressive and rapid. It does not pesent the same in all of us - I never had any rash/redness, itchiness or pain but others do.

• crystal50
    crystal50 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thanks for your replies to my question. The lung doctor I saw Wednesday said if you could see it on a xray that it was bad, so no good news there. I have asked several doctors and they say probably a year. But i am a fighter and I plan on fighting this every step of the way.

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited May 2015
    Options

Crystal, yes, you are a fighter. And many times doctors say a time frame, and happily are so wrong. Do not despair. Have you heard when you may be approved by your insurance yet? and I am wondering, after you inital treatment back when you were diagnosed were you ever declared NED status, no evidence of disease? Thinking of you with powerful healing prayers

• lovecat3
    lovecat3 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2015
    Options

They gave me 18 months in May 2010 I did have recurrence may 2012 met to spine but I'm still here!!!!

• Mamiya
    Mamiya Member Posts: 151
    edited August 2015
    Options

lovecat: thank you - that is the kind of thing we all need to hear. When anyone starts "saying numbers" I make them stop (doctors, surgeons, etc.) because I am NOT a number (none of us is). Thank you for the encouragement.

• trudy-erl
    trudy-erl Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi:

IBC, as you know, is the most aggressive BC that there is. I would worry more about her knowing 2 months ago, and this is taking too long. I honestly don't think the two weeks are a problem. I found a tiny lump (size of a pea) in May, had a Mammogram and ultrasound, spoke to the Radiologist and he said all was fine. (stupid me) for not being more vocal and determined, but I trusted his opinion. I went out of the Country, as planned, and approximately 2-3 months later had itching very often, then the breast got swollen and developed the orange peel effect. However, please realize I had never heard of IBC, so wasn't worried. :( Beginning of October returned home and then it was discovered. Had I been my own advocate in the spring, things would have turned out better. To make a long story short, I got chemo and then the mastectomy....but, after chemo still had CA in three lymph nodes in the armpit area. The good news being, the radiation must have zapped them, as I'm still around to complain. :)

• jn54
    jn54 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    Options

I think that the growth rate is the most important statistic, My wife had a growth rate of 30% and a tumor the size of a pea. It doubled 8 times, she was dead in two years.

So please focus on the growth rate, as this will give an indication of how much time you have to think about treatment, and what type of treatment is suitable.

• HopeGrace
    HopeGrace Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi Jadai,

I saw your response and was curious about something. You mentioned that when you went to the ER, your mother was tested and had a biopsy done right then.

My mom needs to get a mammogram and biopsy and I feel like the medical professionals in this area are dragging their feet. One office wants to schedule an initial consultation 5 weeks out with a surgeon, another office offering something for a week or so. We need answers sooner than later to increase survival chances and I don't know why things like this aren't prioritized better

Would you mind sharing what hospital did you go to and where in the country/world is it located?

Concerned daughter,

Aundria

• kicks
    edited May 2017
    Options

Jadai has not been to BCO for years.

This Forum - Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) - is for those who have a DX (diagnosis) of IBC. Not those with no DX of any type of BC. You could start a Thread in 'Not Diagnosed But Worried' to get more pertinent info for your Mom. A bit more info other than just that she "needs a mammo and biopsy" so more pertinent replies can be made.

ERs (Emergency Rooms) are just for that - handling/treating EMERGENCIES (critical issues) not DXing possible BC issues.

The best to contact for an appt. would be either her GP (General Practice) or GYN (Gynecologist) yo be checked and then a referral if deemed necessary.

• Scwilly
    Scwilly Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2017
    Options

To add to Kicks. I would say that I saw a breast surgeon (after being recalled for a second mammogram) before an oncologist because that is who did the biopsy - which is the only way to definitively diagnose any breast cancer. So I would feel it's not appropriate to see an oncologist before being diagnosed

ER is definitely not the place to go. You will unlikely see anyone from oncology (surgical or medical)

• Elisgranny
    Elisgranny Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    Options

definitely inflammatory breast cancer. Ask for biopsy immediately.

• Elisgranny
    Elisgranny Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    Options

I too have IBC Stage IV with mets to liver. How is your mom? I am 71 and extremely worried. I'm so sorry, I just noticed you posted in 2009. I am praying your mom is still with us

• kicks
    edited June 2017
    Options

Elisgranny - who are you telling "definately inflammatory breast cancer"? There is no one here that can say to anyone " definitely inflammatory breast cancer. Or any other statement DXing anything!

This Thread was started over 10 yrs ago and the OP has not been back to the Site for 8 yrs.

• Peachnal
    Peachnal Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi, I was just wondering how you are doing?

• kicks
    edited June 2017
    Options

Peachnal - Who are you asking about?

Are you IBC?

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,791
    edited June 2017
    Options

kicks,

Thank you for pointing out that this is an old, inactive thread and that the op hasn't been seen since 2009. As for anyone telling someone that they definitely have IBC, IDC or even the flu, unless they are a professional who has treated that individual, please refrain from diagnosing anyone!

• jessozzie
    jessozzie Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hello friends, a special hi to Kicks and Meadow, you were my inspiration when i was diagnosed back in 2013, i love you dearly,sorry its been so long since i posted,but i am so happy we are all doing well.

I had my 6 month follow up and so happy to say, NED... i wish all my IBC friends to continue to progress NED and be happy and healthy..

• kicks
    edited July 2017
    Options

HI Jessozzie! So glad to hear from you and you're still NED. I was thinking about you the other day and that hadn't heard from you for a while. So really glad to hear and your NED.

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,051
    edited July 2017
    Options

Congrats jessozzie, what a great feeling.