Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LIFES A BEACH!

Options

Comments

• julz4
    julz4 Member Posts: 1,373
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi Beachy's!  It's been a very long time!  No problems in Boobieville except I need a new Dr.  Long story.....Sigh.....my Breast  Onc Surgeon has reach an age (70's) & the Hospital where he worked for almost 50 years decided they would not renew his contract so effective December 31st he would not be able to practice there anymore.  He was not quitting so the Hospital moved up the date & fired him as he was walking out of the OR door!  Yeah that's right.  Anyway I need a new Dr. & WILL NOT take my BOOBS back to said Place for them to make any more moola off of!  So I need to find some place new!  I have thought about this for a while & want to move onto the best!  For our area.  Hopkins!  I am thinking Green Springs Station just outside of Baltimore, MD. Travel time will be about the same but more miles!  Big highways!  Where do I put this on BCO for input!  I just want some names!  I want a good Dr. who is caring, top notch, willing to talk medical & explain with me!  I know a lot & had a wonderful connection with my Dr!  It will be a hard act to follow!  I am taking many many inputs far & wide!  Also from home area friends!  Of course the final say is whether they accept my insurance!  Thanks Beachy's Friends!

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited August 2014
    Options

I do not know any docs in your area..good luck and what a horrible thing the hospital did to your doctor..

• julz4
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks Lisa!  Yeah they did!  I feel so sorry for the Lady or Man that he did breast surgery on as he only does Breast! Can you imagine coming to only to find the Hospital has put in a new team of Doctors to take care of you!  I got a nice neat tidy letter in the mail stating that my Dr. LEFT on such n such a date!  I know him too well & something was just too fishy.  So a long time friend of the Dr. & I.  She is also a patient of his called him & found out what happened!  He is a wonderful Dr. who has published research papers on BC.  All 3 of his children are Dr's.  2 have also done cancer research!  They wanted him to roll over & retire!  He has much to give yet if that's what he chooses!  Sorry just so mad on his behalf!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    edited August 2014
    Options

Julz, where in PA are you again?

Here are pics from tonight's sunset. I love my life right now...esp today on my 9th cancerversary. Thanks for being here for me beachettes 😍

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    edited August 2014
    Options

Julz, nice to "see" you.  All that knowledge, experience and bedside manner, tossed, due to age.  Now THAT's discrimination.

• socallisa
    edited August 2014
    Options

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    edited August 2014
    Options

Dust? Snow? Where?

• socallisa
    edited August 2014
    Options

It's the beach at the Navy Air Station in 

Coronado

• socallisa
    edited August 2014
    Options

this is looking the other way..notice how nice and private the beach really is

• julz4
    edited August 2014
    Options

Sorry Beachy's I work nights & had to sleep!  I am off for 3 nights now.  Anyway I live near the Mason Dixon Line.  Google says about an 1 hour...5 minutes away from Green Spring Station of Johns Hopkins.  I have several women I know that go there.  This time I want a comprehensive center with MORE!  I Called my Dr. as I had his number Eph.  The Higher Ups found a way around it.  They said he was sliming Their name.  Even though all he was doing was telling his patients that Big Changes were coming & that he would most likely not be able to be their Dr. anymore.  He was up front & not hiding anything (very refreshing these days)!  If he had an edge to his voice when telling his patients it was rightly so!  In fact if it were not for him I probably have gone to Hopkins to begin with!  In fact the more that I think of it all I am thinking of cancelling my Radiation Onc appointment also which is the beginning of Oct. & setting EVERYTHING up there.  I went to my home town as I lived just a few miles from.  Because my Surg. Onc.Dr. was 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic from me.  6 1/2 weeks of Rads was a lot of travel.  But now that I have more info & know if this beast comes back I want Better for ME!  Not the best of choices in my back yard right now.  Not bad just want better.  Thank You ALL it's good to see YOU! 

• socallisa
    edited August 2014
    Options

lounging at their beach

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited August 2014
    Options

Okay, what the HECK are those things????

• barbe1958
    edited August 2014
    Options

Looks like a beaver had sex with a guinea pig!! Singing

• iamnancy
    iamnancy Member Posts: 641
    edited August 2014
    Options

Looks like an agouti - I only ever saw them in Mexico ... is that what they are?

• socallisa
    edited August 2014
    Options

it is a capybara, the world's largest rodent, but they like the water..too

• iamnancy
    iamnancy Member Posts: 641
    edited August 2014
    Options

wow - just looked them up.. was surprised they can grow up to 100 pounds..

• socallisa
    edited August 2014
    Options

• marlegal
    edited August 2014
    Options

Cool hippo! For some reason I always liked them. Hungry Hungry Hippo was a kids game when my girls were young. They loved it, and I liked the fact that hippos were involved. No idea why I like them so much.

This pic was taken by another owner here at our campground. You can see the same old dock pilings that are in a lot of my shots. This too was just a lucky capture she said. I just love it.

• eph3_12
    edited August 2014
    Options

I like that one too.  And it's straight ;)

• marlegal
    edited August 2014
    Options

lol Eph...proof it's not mine, right? Good thing I owned up to that fact right up front!!! I swear, if we go to the bay tomorrow or Monday I know there will be at least ONE pic that's straight Winking

• eph3_12
    edited August 2014
    Options

Nerdy

• socallisa
    edited August 2014
    Options

Too funny.

I went to the beach and saw this..horizon isn't very straight either. .needs editing. 

• barbe1958
    edited August 2014
    Options

I am surprised those dock pilings are not taken down. Is that really how high the water used to be??

• socallisa
    edited August 2014
    Options

You are right Barbe. They could be dangerous. 

• marlegal
    edited September 2014
    Options

That used to be a boat launch. There's  a dock you can walk out on when tide is low. The boat launch itself kind of fell apart. It was a cement ramp on a graded scale. Once it disintegrated there was no money to rebuild, and insurance would have been really high. We're a condo association and took a vote...it was voted down. So it sits, and we capture it in pics now and then. No one really walks out on it, but the pilings are so far into the ground that we can't dismantle it either.

• socallisa
    edited September 2014
    Options

but a boat could collide with it at night...do they have lights?

• barbe1958
    edited September 2014
    Options

A Disney duck!!! On an artificial dry spot!!

• socallisa
    edited September 2014
    Options

He was very content Barbe

• socallisa
    edited September 2014
    Options

• marlegal
    edited September 2014
    Options

No boats would ever be in that close, angle might be deceiving but it's very near shore. Boats can't come ashore here, so nothing but kayaks and wave runners during the day. We've been here 29 yrs and since they abandoned the boat launch almost 25 yrs ago, no boat has hit the pilings. I've never seen one closer than 100 feet. Had a few kayakers today though...gorgeous down there.