Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LIFES A BEACH!

Options

Comments

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    edited September 2014
    Options

Here's the dock tonight at sunset...could have walked out. This is how it usually looks...the other pics have been at high tide. Another gorgeous night here. I'm blessed and appreciative. And - whoa - is that a straight horizon I see????

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited September 2014
    Options

It never looked like it had a top Mare!

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited September 2014
    Options

Wow! It looks like the 'ol gang is still all gathered. That really warms my heart. I see that it has been over TWO years since I've clocked in around here. Or at least I had a private message that was over two years. In any case, it has been a very, very long time. I quickly scanned back through a couple dozen pages, just to revel in the photos!!!

All is VERY well in our little world. We will snowbird at the end of the week -- leaving one beach (northern WI) for another (southern FL). 

I keep up with quite a few of you via FB and then Coonie just found me on Instagram! I nearly had a kitten! 

Took a shot last night that I can take no credit for..... don't have any idea what I did for settings and quite by 'accident' this is what resulted. It made me think of all of the friendships here and the care, concern and support through the many years when I LIVED here/BCO. So glad to 'see' so many of you. 

I think many of you may know that we got to have our first, ever BUCKET list trip to Hawaii and it was everything that I could possible have imagined and so much more. 

Sending encouragement to all who may be reading along and HUGE cyber hug to each and all! 

FAITHIE! 

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yay FnF.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited September 2014
    Options

We missed you....happy you are sooooo busy...and experienced Hawaii

• barbe1958
    edited September 2014
    Options

A GREAT re-intro with that sunset Faith! Good to know all is status quo.

• marlegal
    edited September 2014
    Options

Barbe, it doesn't have a top, that's just a weird angle! Each side has a top rail. 

Here's another angle full on when tide was high one night at sunset. I just love how things can look so different depending on where we stand when we're down there and what the tide situation is.

• marlegal
    edited September 2014
    Options

And...oh my....is that another straight horizon I see???? Two pics on one page that are straight? Granted, one was a week ago and the other a year ago, but still!

• marlegal
    edited September 2014
    Options

We're home this weekend for a wedding tomorrow. Looking through some of my albums for Hideaway pics since I won't be there this weekend and came across this one, another fav. I try to explain to people that where we are, the Delaware Bay is as vast as the ocean. We don't quite have the Atlantic's waves, but we do get waves, and they do make noise! The benefits of the bay? No crowds...more variety of birds, by a landslide...no crowds....always a breeze for some reason...sea turtles...rays....no crowds! Now don't get me wrong, I love to go to the "real" beach in Stone Harbor, we buy beach tags for there every year in case company wants to go there, and I agree there's nothing like the ocean but given my druthers, give me the bay on a regular basis :) 

Thanks for giving me this place to share.

• socallisa
    edited September 2014
    Options

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited September 2014
    Options

Welcome back Faith we missed you.

Love the foot shot Marlegal

Have had rough few weeks so this weekend heading to one of my favorite beaches in Cuba for a much needed break with family.😜😎

• socallisa
    edited September 2014
    Options

Mum so glad you are home and here...

• marlegal
    edited September 2014
    Options

Went for a walk tonight in the campground. Total daylight. Looked toward the bay and the sun was starting to go down. Set the focus on the sun itself and this was the resulting picture. No idea why it all got so dark but thought it was kind of cool. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    edited September 2014
    Options

I just looked for the like button

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hello everyone,

Like Faith, I have not been here in a long time, seems like forever!  This has been a very rough year for me with multiple hospital stays due to reactions to new drugs for everything from blood thinners to chemo treatments.  Still having trouble with severe swelling in my legs and feet mostly, but at least I am still hanging around.

I have missed being here but I just could not find the energy to even open my laptop let alone type anything.  DH has been worried about me, but then he always does.  He still takes such good care of me.

Well just thought I would check in since I am finally felling a little better.

Hugs all around.

AJ

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    edited September 2014
    Options

AJ, Really good to see you again. I hope the feeling better continues and you have the energy to stay here. Grrrr on problems with drug reactions. Hugs.

• mumito
    edited September 2014
    Options

my fav beach shot of my DD and family.       Varadero. Cuba 

• barbe1958
    edited September 2014
    Options

What a FAB shot mum!!! Kudos for your DD to wear a two-piece after giving birth! I have to wear a tankini due to horrid stretch marks.

• socallisa
    edited September 2014
    Options

peaceful...

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    edited September 2014
    Options

Lisa, Where were those taken? The top one could be Calif, but the other ones with the rocks don't.

• socallisa
    edited September 2014
    Options

I took those on Lake Superior

• mumito
    edited October 2014
    Options

shoreline in Lima Peru

• mumito
    edited October 2014
    Options

Machu Picchu Peru

Must share this amazing place with you all.I took this shot after a long hike up. 

• mumito
    edited October 2014
    Options

Here is a closer shot of the Inca village for priests and nobility. 

The mountains there are amazing. 

• socallisa
    edited October 2014
    Options

wow. What a great trip. Thanks

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hey Mum, my sister-in-law was just there at the start of this month.  When were you there?

• mumito
    edited October 2014
    Options

We were in the mountains and the site on the oct 4 weekend 

• mumito
    edited October 2014
    Options

Oct is a great month to travel there..Flights are cheaper and the weather is still good..also not as many crowds to deal with.

• marlegal
    edited October 2014
    Options

amazing shots Mum, as always ThumbsUp

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    edited October 2014
    Options

Thank you ladies for letting me share you wonderful pictures as I went through treatment both times.