Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

The Next Person Game

Comments

• MissShapen
    MissShapen Member Posts: 3,963

False on baking, but I will share my apricot shortbread cookies I already have!

I'd love a good bread pudding recipe, also.

I attended the funeral of a friend's husband today. :( Please pray for Marilyn.

The next person is a prayer warrior.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

True. I feel like I'm continually in prayer. I have so much to learn about prayer tho..... I still feel like such an infant, but am willing to learn. Will keep your friend Marilyn in my little efforts, today.

The next person is able to accept compliments graciously.

• marejo
    marejo Member Posts: 655

Nope....not a real fan of those Christmas sweaters.  As a matter of fact, at the school where I work, we are having an "ugly Christmas sweater day" on Tuesday and we will vote on he ugliest.  Hahaha!

The next person is starting her day with a thankful heart.

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524

True - I always give thanks when I wake up and even more thanks if all joints are more pain free than notTongue out

And true - I can accept compliments graciously - I'll take all I can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, surely SOMEONE has a good bread pudding recipe?

Thanks for the cookies, MissS and yes, I added Marilyn in for a special prayer.

The next person is bracing for a winter storm - we have one coming in around 3pm and lasting into tomorrow - hope everyone has a safe trip home today. 

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631

Not really, we have lots of fog and rain today and cold temps but its not freezing yet.

MissS, give me your cookies!  stick em up.  Marilyn will be in my prayers so sorry for the loss of your friends husband.  It is so sad when things like that happen around this time of year. Another friend lost his wife and have several kids ages 4 and up.  It hard to get your mind around all this stuff sometimes.  Even though I know there will be life after death and much better than here, its just we miss them so.

the next person decided due to economic conditions that they and their spouse will be get each other gifts this year ( we did) but we got a new house and that is our gift.

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806

I live alone, but I did buy for family and friends. I am currently on disability, but decided to get gifts anyway............I would regret it if I didn't.

Next person is having issues with trying to keep the downstairs of their house as warm as the upstairs! Bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• faithandfifty

False. We live on one floor---ranch style, so it's not an issue.

The next person has kept an appointment of note, recently.

• Stormy1
    Stormy1 Member Posts: 295

True I guess. I will be seeing my onc' in an hour.

We have an old farm house and when we have a fire in the middle of the house at night the rest feels like it's outdoors. One fast trip to bed every night. Have you tried those simulated dowm comforters? They are toasty.

The next person doesn't like wrapping presents.(Although it's necessary)

• klp
    klp Member Posts: 1,454

True....use to get my daughter to wrap most of them when she got older...I sent gift cards this year.

The next person will be building a nice hot fire to gather around(in the fireplace preferably)

• curlieqs

Oh yes! Love my fireplace and would be lost without it Laughing

Next person loves to burn candles

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582

very true....I have one going now and it smells so good. I usually like the "food" scents.....gingerbread, baked apple, banana nut....

I do enjoy wrapping gifts when I feel good. And I really enjoy a good fire in the fireplace too. Nice and cozy, especially with a mug of hot chocolate :)

The next person washes laundry EVERY day!

• jillisucat
    jillisucat Member Posts: 104

False - mine piles up until the weekend when I have time.  Working two jobs makes it pretty difficult during the week. 

The next person has made a gingerbread house before.

• marejo

Yep, I have.  With my granddaughter and her mom at the school at work at.

The next person is getting ready for a BIG SNOW STORM.  We are!

• faithandfifty

false..... at least not that i'm aware of. time will tell, i suppose, the one's they don't warn ya about, can really catch ya off guard

the next person has an embarassing story to share

• klp
    klp Member Posts: 1,454

False...can't think of one embarassing story..sorry

The next person will be thawing out a ham or turkey soon for Christmas..or maybe a goose

• curlieqs

Oh marejo, you and I are getting another freaking storm Undecided

I will be eating at my brother's house for the holiday. No cooking or thawing here :)

Next person loves to frame photos and give as gifts

• faithandfifty

True!! Have a BIG surprise photo enlargement, now framed. BIG surprise!! (don't tell)

The next person reads the newspaper every day.

• marejo

Yes I do.  I read our local paper online.

The next person is watching a Christmas special.  I am watching Natalie Grant's Christmas on The Gospel Music Channel.  It's awesome

• Stormy1
    Stormy1 Member Posts: 295

False. We have the Colts/Jags game on, our TV is only turned on for football and horse racing.

The next person likes to buy out of print books on Amazon.

• jillisucat

True - I love Georgette Heyer books and have found some we didn't have. Also old Oz books.  Of course, I am always buying in-print books on Amazon also!

The next person still has leftover pumpkins hanging around from Halloween.

• faithandfifty

False. Went straight from geraniums on the porch to poinsettas this year.... passed over Halloween.

The next person is eager to try a new recipe.

• curlieqs

I will be trying a new cookie recipe next week :)

Next person is a perfume lover

• jillisucat

False -- I'm very sensitive to most perfumes -- can't even stand most shampoo scents and can't bear scented laundry detergent.  But one perfume I do love and occasionally wear is Tiffany (by Tiffany & Co.) But it is very expensive.

The next person loves to wear black.

• christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735

True- that would be me, sometimes known as Joni Cash.

The next person will sacrifice safety for high heels in the snow.

• faithandfifty

Laughing. Laughing. Laughing. FALSE. I don't own a pair of high heels. Well, I consider anything with a heel of about half an inch, to be my high heels.

The next person has a collection of cassette tapes they just can't part with.

• jillisucat

True.  We even used to have 8 tracks but they got stolen, lol :)

The next person likes to give gag gifts or play practical jokes on people.

• marejo

Nope - no cassette tapes here.  For that matter even my 100's of CD's is history.  Only an ipod here and I love it.

The next person is snuggled in at home today.  I am.  Snow storm going on.  In my jammies with my coffee.

• curlieqs

I am with ya Marejo. I will attempt to venture out this afternoon to see my niece dance.

Next person wants to take dance lessons

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701

Snuggling at home.....watching the snow.....coffeed out and cookied out. No work, yeah!

Next person have a Christmas party going on tonight?

• jembs
    jembs Member Posts: 161

True, would love to take dance lessons.

The next person still thinks they have tons of time to get ready for Christmas.