Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

The Next Person Game

Comments

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467

False, not right now as I am at work.

The next person is baking cookies tonight..I am..walnut crescents...yummy!!

• jembs
    jembs Member Posts: 161

False, probably tomorrow or the 24th (when I am wrapping).  Would love a walnet crescent, candie Laughing

The next person has a very tacky Christmas tree plugged into their computer. Laughing

• MissShapen
    MissShapen Member Posts: 3,963

False, but that sounds very geeky, Hune.

I had my family get together... it lastest almost an hour. Woo.

No, I haven't been to Alaska, but I want to go!

Yes, Spar I am on Facebook with a slightly different name. I hate having my real name online.

I decided to bake a ham and have ham biscuits, potato salad, and other finger foods for Christmas instead of a formal meal. The next person is not having a formal meal on Christmas.

• Stormy1
    Stormy1 Member Posts: 295

Hurrah for ham biscuits, they are the best.

We are not having a formal meal on Christmas so True. Wednesday we bring my MIL home and make her seafood chowder for Christmas Eve before church and that is always awesome. After that the meals are pretty much buffet style- lots of people.

The next person is going to blast out her baking tomorrow.

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806

YES! I am, baking only 2 different cookies and a loaf of bread. You get your baking done Stormy?

next person has to go out and run an errand but contemplating because it is so cold~!!!!

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

TRUE. That's an easy one. I'm only doing the contemplating, cuz it's just TOOOOO cold.

Will brave it tomorrow. There's still time, right?

The next person has a magazine subscription they look forward to, every month.

• marejo
    marejo Member Posts: 655

yep, I do but they don't come every month.  My son and daughter in law always give me a subscription to Taste Of Home magazine as part of my Christmas gift and I subscribe to Country Sampler.  I love both of those magazines.

The next person is done with work till Jan. 5.

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427

False, I am not back to work from my surgery, so maybe true.  January 6 i go see the ps to schedule my exchange for my implants.  Hopefully then I will get a referral for the pt and get my arms and back in shape. 

The enxt person is visiting children for the holiday.  I am, but they are single young women and never home.  I am stuck in the house watching the little dog and wondering why I came before christmas eve.  

• curlieqs

I do not have children, I wish i did............I will see my niece though who is the apple of my eye!

Next person knows how to paint or do something artistic

• jerseymaria
    jerseymaria Member Posts: 70

i don't paint, don't sing (god forbid) and don't dance.  i used to do cake decorating both for family and to sell.  so i guess that was creative.  i won't tell you about the cake i made for a dear friends 40th bd party once.

the next person has finished all christmas everything and has nothing to do tomorrow but relax and enjoy (i wish that person was me, lol).

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524

False on being finished with everything Christmas - I have to brave the cold and next snow and ice storm coming in today to make a few trips between work assignments.  Ah well, winter in the midwest.

I get Vanity Fair every month but it's such a huge magazine that I rarely get to all the articles I want to read so I don't subscribe to anything else.

The next person will be trying some new recipes for Christmas this year.  No one offered up a tried and true bread pudding recipe so I'll pull one offline and hope for the best!!!

• jembs

True, curliegs, I made the grands each a quilt this Christmas.  I am proud of the feat and amazed they are done and so am bragging here.Embarassed

False, I still have tons to do, haven't even finished the tree!

False, I'm not doing any cooking Christmas.  Will do New Year's.  hmm  what to have?

The next person will send New Year's Cards!Laughing

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582

false - I thought I was doing good to get my Christmas cards in the mail (lol)

I'm done with my cooking this year. Going to my MIL's Christmas Eve. She's fixing a gumbo--yummy.

Some are just putting their trees up, and here I am thinking about taking mine down like Christmas Day!!! I'm so ready to get things back to "normal" ---whever that is (lol)

the next person can't believe it's almost 2009!!!!!!!

• curlieqs

I will be happy to say goodbye to 2008, sucky year........

next person wears a scarf with their sweaters...(latest style!)

• faithandfifty

True-ish. I wear adorned sweaters, with scarf-esque dressing up nonsense. Today on my sweater was a super crocheted collar, further adorned with buttons and ribbons and ric-rac. A skirt cut on the bias with three layers of WIDE ruffles and brand new polka-dot leggins' I found at the dollar store, while looking for stocking stuffers!!!

The next person has been to a tropical island.

• jillisucat
    jillisucat Member Posts: 104

false, or rarely anyway.

The next person has suffered a power outage in the past week or so.  I woke up with no power this morning, 12 degrees outside -- brrrr cold house!

• MissShapen

False, so far so good.

I am happy to say hello to 2009!

The next person has written a poem.

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441

True, but it was a while ago when my mom died of BC 12 years ago.  I wrote a poem about her last days.

Next person is waiting for hubby to come home from work.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

False.  Hubby is home.

Next person is hoping we keep our power with freezing rain in the forecast.  I hope I don't have to BBQ the turkey.

• faithandfifty

True. Hoping, hoping, hoping. The freezing rain has started here -- we still have power.

Christmas about five years ago, we were without power from Dec. 24th for almost a week. We slept on my husband's office floor on an inflatable mattress (as his building had power the whole time.) It was an unusual holiday. There was no church anywhere in town. Very unusual.

the next person purchased a present for themself.

• jembs

True, very dark ones.

True, we were witout power for 3 hours on Friday. I'm praying we all keep the power.  You don't realized just how much .....

False, but I usually do. 

The next person spent the afternoon playing with the grands.  Whew!

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701

False...the grandkids have been on the road to St. Louis in this stormy, freezing mess.It's been11 hours and they are still not there.

The next person going to a "candlelight service" Christmas Eve?

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631

False, it all starts tomorrow, I still have much baking to do tonight.

wellwater, I bet it is beautiful, we have talked of taking a cruise to Alaska, we belong to a vacation travel club so we can do pretty cheap.

The propane tank was leaking and had to be fixed and a new regulator put on, to me that is a major appliance

I wish you all a very happy holiday season.

The next person is baby sitting on new years eve.

• Stormy1
    Stormy1 Member Posts: 295

True to candlelight service on Christmas Eve at midnight.

False. We don't have to babysit for anyone on New Years Eve.

My cookies are almost all baked, I just have to finish one batch in the morning. Let me hand out some cookies, I may have overrdone it.

The next person was serenaded by carolers this year.

• faithandfifty

False. No real life carolers this year..... only at church, not on our doorstep.

The next person has special table ware for the holidays.

• jembs

True, geez, now I have to dig it out and wash it.

If I don't get back here tomorrow, I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas.

The next person remembers to stop and breathe.

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631

true, I do or go post on the beach thread to relax.

everyone travel safely

The next person loves hot apple cider

• MissShapen

True, I love hot or cold cider.

False, I do have a pretty centerpiece, though.

I was serenaded by the carolers on Christmas with the Kranks. :-)

The next person has Vista  OS.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

False.

The next person can't sleep..........yawn...........again.

• curlieqs

Right! I even took a sleeping pill too without wonderful results...........

Next person wishes she did not have bags under her eyes...........(In the scheme of things, I no longer care I do! It is a badge of honor I say, LOL....................)