Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

The Next Person Game

Comments

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701

YUP!! HaHA ..... it's just as cold here on South 15th ST.

Next person having a Christmas gathering tonight already? I am...then it's all over for us.

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427

False.  I am visiting my grown children who are both in bed at 4:42 pm taking a nap.  Hopefully they will get up and see if there is something their mother wants to do.  I don't know the neighborhood or I would go for walk.  I am reading one of my daughter's books, "The Birth of Venus", by Sarah Dunant.  It seems interesting, but I haven't connected the intro to the story line yet.

The next person is looking forward to the end of the holiday and the new year.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

False. It's just the two of us for tonight. Calm. Peaceful. Hunkering down..... as stated earlier.

The next person knows how to juggle.

(Did we ever figure out what babka is?)

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

True.  But only with 3 objects.   Haven't done it in years though so could be False.

Babka is some kind of European cake isn't it?  All I can bake is shortbread so how would I know? Laughing

Edit to say.........the next person is amazed at how bad their memory is.  LOL, case in point.Wink

• jillisucat
    jillisucat Member Posts: 104

False but I would like to learn.  I might try with thin scarves sometime as balls are too hard for me.

The next person has tried riding a unicycle!

• jembs
    jembs Member Posts: 161

True, I think so.  I barely remember, it was 100 years ago.

The next person is outside helping put up the lights at 20 below. 

• jillisucat

lol :)

False, we have our lights up (still from last year, ha ha)

The next person is already tired of winter and it just began... today!

• Marple

True, enough of this white stuff.........and I'm not talking wine.

The next person (although not a real Christmas person) is kind of getting excited about Dec. 25th.

• jembs

False, still too much to do.

The next person is celebrating the shortest day. YippeeSmile

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806

I will be celebrating Spring!Laughing

Next person's lips and skin are all dry due to the heat constantly being on!

• marejo
    marejo Member Posts: 655

Not too bad.

The next person has all the gifts wrapped and under the tree.  I did it today while cooped inside all day. Usually that's dh's job but he's been a working machine lately and I forgot what he looks like so I thought I better wrap them.

• Stormy1
    Stormy1 Member Posts: 295

False but the dh and I are working on it.

The next person has a pet who sleeps with their head on her pillow. (No, it's not a horse)

• MissShapen
    MissShapen Member Posts: 3,963

True, I am drying out.

The next person would like to visit Alaska.

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631

true, I do packed up in a box in storage.  Faith, I also have embarrasing stories I will have to tell you sometimes.

MissS are you on facebook?

I was going to try a new cookie recipe tonight but we ran out of propane

the next person still has to do her grocery shopping for Christmas day like the turkey and stuff.

• jillisucat

true, just a few items -- fresh veggies, mainly.

The next person makes chicken soup from scratch, even the stock.

• jembs

True, and I freeze some of the stock to make cream soups.

The next person is feeling at peace with their life.

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806

No, but working on it. A bit of a process for me.......

Next person sleeps with the TV on a timer

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657

Nope I like the radio at night

Next person is done baking cookies

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631

MissS, I would love to visit Alaska, have you been there?

Nope didn't get to do any baking yet due to no propane

The next person is having a pain free day

• faithandfifty

True enough. I've had a run-in with "frozen shoulder" that had me in PT for months and it is trying to re-freeze, but now I know what to do to combat it. Pain at a minimum: hallelujah!

The next person just got a phone call that school's been cancelled, due to wind-chill factor.

• marejo

Nope Deb......but did watch to see.  I work at a 4 year old kind.  Lots of schools around us have 2 hour delays though - but not us.

The next person is looking forward to MORE snow.

• Marple

False.  But there is more coming.

The next person loves listening to the banjo.

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524

False to the banjo unless I'm in a Deliverance-type movie?

Babka is a cakey bread - must be European....I remember a Seinfield episode where Elaine and the group got into a fight in a bakery over the last loaf of babka.  A friend gave us a couple loaves this weekend and I can see why someone would fight over it but heaven only knows where one's sugar level would peak at.

MissS and Spar - I was so lucky to have had a trip to Alaska summer of '07 - it is so incredibly beautiful.....I would move there if I could.

The next person has at least one major household appliance going out - our water heater upped and died....just in time for Christmas!  thankyouverymuch.

• faithandfifty

Well one never knows what's about to give up the ghost.... but I think we're OK. Come to think of it my garage door opener's acting like it's all fritzed up. Not very reliable..... so I guess my answer may need to be True.... tho I suppose that's not a major appliance. (Did I tell you that I have trouble w/T -- F questions...... now you see what I meant.)

I have grown fonder of banjos -- especially on children's recordings.

The next person has made a literal list and will check things off today.

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582

false - had my list this weekend, and got EVERYTHING accomplished. Today I will just follow my nose, but hopefully, will get some things done.

The next person has already had one Christmas gathering with their family. (I did last night---one more to go)

• Lucy47
    Lucy47 Member Posts: 72

True....Have had 3 get to gethers....will have Christmas eve at my house and then Christmas day at moms.....

Next person is not wanting to go out today too {{{{{{COLD}}}}} 

• jembs

True, but short a string of lights, so that means a trip to town.

The next person is trying to maintain a healthy diet during 'the season'.

• marejo

Yes we have.  Two actually.

The next person has a thankful heart.

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582

My heart feels like it's going to explode with all the thankfulness that I have stored up in there. Last Christmas was battling with chemo, ports, tests, no hair, blah blah blah, this Christmas is so much easier to celebrate the birth  of our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for my friends, family and especially everyone I have net on these boards. my cyber sisters........there's nothing like you!

Joy To The World

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701

True.....thankful that I'm here to celebrate

christmas.

The next person on a laptop?