Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

The Next Person Game

Comments

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582

false to the cat......I do have two dogs that follow every step I make though :)

Saint--you deserve a day in bed!!! Kick back and relax with that laptop

The next person has tried low carb dieting.

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427

No don't journal.  I have been taking on-line classes towards a master's while fighter this thing that invaded my body.  So the papers have been my journal.

I agree that it is hard to keep positive but I strive for a positive attitude each day.

The next person is trying to get the encouragement to start filling out insurance and disability forms for SSIand or some other form of burdensome unnecessary paperwork.  I am convinced that the paperwork is a bitter attempt to discourage us from applying for benefits once you have a curse such as cancer and don't have the energy to get dressed and go to work let alone sit at a table and read little lines and try to remember exact dates and addresses of every doctor you have seen in the last five plus years. 

• checkum
    checkum Member Posts: 377

True - this year was a real roller coaster for me and flew by.

The next person is having a pizza for dinner

• jillisucat
    jillisucat Member Posts: 104

False, not yet - I do have a journal but so far I've been putting in information sporadically - dates, questions, phone numbers, things to take to the hospital, things to do to get ready, etc.

The next person is glad the days are technically getting longer but hasn't actually noticed the difference yet!

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

True jilli.  I hate the shorter hours of daylight.

The next person is having leftovers for supper.  Unless dh is taking me out.  Checkum, pizza sounds good too.  And there are still some eggrolls.

• jembs
    jembs Member Posts: 161

True, I hinted at going out as well but not.

The next person can figure out how long it is going to take 2 people (one who doesn't really care for turkey) to eat their way through a 17 pound bird. Laughing

• marejo
    marejo Member Posts: 655

No, not everyday but I do.  I journaled alot during the first few year and a half after my diagnosis.  It was helpful to me to write out my feelings - it was like talking to God only I wrote it. 

The next person just enjoyed a cup of tea.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657

True, When I need to get alway, Orange Spice

Next person loves to make soup out of leftovers

• jembs

Technically false, I don't love to make the soup, but I love having it, so I do it. I'm not sure if tomorrow or Monday will be soup day here.

The next person is in awe of how all of us have coped with the hand we have been dealt and are coping with our new lives.  Group pat on the back, well done.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657

True, I cant  believe all the strong willed people that have not given in this year! Good Job!

The next person love to take cat naps in the afternoon.

• Marple

Used to be true, during tx.  But don't do it much any more. 

Huneb, make a huge turkey pot pie and invite company.  Or make several and freeze them. A salad and your all set.

The next person is making stew today.  Just love comfort food.  Hell, I just love food.  The diet is not going well so far.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

False. I'll continue to fly on the coat-tails of my gracious DH and eat whatever he prepares and plops in front of me. It's quite a lovely agreement. I more or less clean up afterwards. Well eventually I clean up. Nearly always. Particularly when we're expecting company. LOL

The next person is technologically gifted.

• Marple

False.  Couldn't even spell the word.

The next person is procrastinating (yet again).

• marejo

Not a procrastinator really - although this morning sitting here at the comptuer I keep telling myself to get up and get going............you see that isn't working!Smile

The next person had rain that turned to ice.  Yikes.

• Marple

False.  Although they are calling for a chance of ice pellets and/or freezing rain tonight.  Delightful.

The next person is still sitting here.  But did get the stew going and all the veggies cut to add later.  I have to wrap my arm today.  That's why I'm still sitting here.Tongue out 

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524

False - not sitting long here - I just popped in and out......we are going out this afternoon and I have things to do.

Foots - on those naps.....I will take cat naps, dog naps, elephant naps and hippopotamus naps - any nap I can get...and I hate having to do it.  Before bc I NEVER took a nap!

Faith - we're lucky - both have dh's who cook.  I have to clean up everytime mine cooks tho because no one manages a mess like he does....not complaining tho because his meals are treats.

The next person has hung the new calendars up - I just mine all changed this morning.

• Happyme
    Happyme Member Posts: 7

Who, me? I just stopped to look at the comics!

• faithandfifty

False to hanging new calenders....... don't think I have a new calendar? Well not a pretty one, just the one in my notebook that keeps me marching along.

The next person is eagerly awaiting a bowl game -- yet to be played. (Go BUCKEYES!!)

Sharon, we're coming for dinner tonight..... after all, you've worked so hard on those vegetables. Throw in a couple of extra carrots, those are my favorites in stew.

• Marple

False to the game. 

Lots of stew.  Come on over!

The next person is dusting before I have to name the bunnies.......

• crazy4carrots
    crazy4carrots Member Posts: 624

True!  Had to catch the bunnies after taking down the holiday decorations!

The next person has just finished plucking that annoying chin hair.....

• Marple

LOLOL False, but just did it the other day.  They are multiplying as fast as the dust bunnies.

The next person gets a real kick out of this thread.

• marejo

I love this thread.  It's fun and refreshing.

The next person is going back to work tomorrow after having off since right before Christmas.

• jembs

False, am off for a bit yet.

The next person is really ready to get some normalacy back into their life.

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427

Normal? What is normal?  I just hope to be able to get up everyday and put on clothes.  I feel ahead of the game today.  Have actually showered and been to grocery store and now have dinner on.

The next person still has not opened the package of papers from SSI and really needs to start filling them out.

• faithandfifty

False to the awaiting SSI papers. I have A-L-L kinds of other paperwork that needs attention, tho. Does that count?

I get a real charge outta this thread..... seeing all of the places that we bounce around.

The next person is considering a big SPLURGE.

• Happyme
    Happyme Member Posts: 7

Too true - going back to work tomorrow after taking off right before Christmas! Are you a teacher marejo?  I'm an elementary school secretary. I love school holidays!

False to the big SPLURGE - requires money, generally. DH just went back to work after more than a year of unemployment, and ya'll know cancer ain't cheap! (Also, elementary school secretaries don't exactly rake in the big bucks.)

Next person has a cat sitting in her lap while she laughs along with this thread.

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806

Allergic to anything with fur.

Next person is allergic to some sort of food

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582

false - probably would be thinner if I were though (lol)

the next person has a back yard full of ant beds

• MissShapen
    MissShapen Member Posts: 3,963

False, at least I haven't seen any.

We're having warm weather again here in southwest VA. I wish it would stay like this til spring. I guess I should move to FL.

The next person has been to Florida.

• Marple

True, a long long time ago.

The next person does not fly.