Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

The Next Person Game

Comments

• checkum
    checkum Member Posts: 377

TRUE - TRUE - TRUE

Happy New Year and I hope that 09 is better for ALL!!!

The next person is cozying up by the stove with a good book today

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

LOL, not today Checkum.......but soon.  Wink

The next person is going to eat less meat this year.  Less everything for that matter.

• Wink
    Wink Member Posts: 476

True (especially to the "less" of everything)

The next person is going to have ham hocks & black eyed peas today.

• checkum

false- Roast with potatoes and scalloped turnip - maybe some yorkshire pudding too with lots of gravy... Then I am going for HEALTHY less of everything and more excersize...

The next person would like to be drifting on a sailboat somewhere HOT

• Wink

Not yet checkum - will be sailing on the Noordam Jan 13th!

The next person will be stuck at work today.

• Marple

False.

The next person has to go and make scalloped potatoes and not 100% sure how to make 'em.

• checkum

1/2 true - making scalloped turnip... easy and yummy

All you do is slice the potatoes - layer with a bit of onion and make a white cream sauce to drizzle in between the layers.... bake covered for 60 minutes and then remove the cover for another 30 yumm!

The next person is thinking about making something yummy today - comfort food

• Marple

True, I'm always thinking about food. 

Thank's for the cooking tip.  Didn't even know I had to cover them initially.

Checkum, I'm feeling really guilty about this next one.........Embarassed

The next person is having ham.

• checkum

LOL--

False - I am picking on cows today..

But, Ham & scalloped potatoes is my absolute fav comfort food. Smile

The next person is free to enjoy a quiet day doing the things they want to do

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427

True.  I have done nothing today.  Just got dressed.  For the first time since my surgery I had a wonderful romantic evening.  Maybe this year will be better.  He didn't even seem to notice that I still have expanders.

I had planned on ham and black eyed peas, but haven't made it to the store so don't know what we will have.

The next person plans to become more comfortable with their new built body.

• marejo
    marejo Member Posts: 655

I suppose....although, other than the economy being bad and so many out of work....I have to say our 2008 wasn't bad at all.  Thank God.  However, I do pray for those who have been really affected by the economy that they find jobs and things would improve overall for all of us.

The next person had a relaxing, quiet New Year's Day.

• Marple

True.

Company just left and we had a lovely dinner.

The next person is so stuffed that not eating much tomorrow (dieting) will be a breeze.

• Stormy1
    Stormy1 Member Posts: 295

False. We did our dinner (grilled steaks) last night.

I've been trying to gear up for making good on my New Year resolution of staying in better communication with friends and family. With all of this computer time it should be a breeze.

The next person wonders what it would be like to have a bionic, boobed, body.

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582

lol---true.....I wonder what it would be like to have a boobed body, much less a bionic boob :)

The next person's child is going back to college within 2 weeks..

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

My child just drove out of the driveway to return to college (grad school tonight..... 6 hour drive.)

The next person drinks diet pop/diet soda.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701

False....Both boys graduated from college and been married 8 years.

Wellwater....My websites are: www.virtualartgalleryofsheboygan.com and www.visualartistsofsheboygan.com  Thanks for wanting to see.

Next person have to work on the 2nd?

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582

true---I do drink diet coke....going to try to drink more water this year though.

my dd is going back to school but will be living on campus for first time :(

only an hour away, but......Undecided

true I will probably work a little while tomorrow......MAYBE. Will see how I feel in the A.M.

The next person has been hearing fireworks all day

• marejo

Nope, not a one!

The next person is ready to start 2009 on a positive note.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657

True, Its going to be better and I will win!

Next person had a big party on New Years Day!

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806

Stormy, you crack me up with the bionic boobed body! What I would do for that!

No big party on New Year's

Next person is expecting a family member this weekend from out of town.

• faithandfifty

False. All of the family just departed back to their lives last night. sniff-sniff.

The next person has made a committment to themselves & is open to encouragement.

• marejo

Yes Deb, I have.  I've made a big commitment to myself.  Majorily healthier eating and droping a much needed 10 pounds.  Doesn't sound like such a commitment I guess but it really will be.  Encouragment always welcome!!  Isn't that why we are all here?  Smile  That's why I love it so!!

The next person woke up to sunshine.

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524

Here's some encouragement marejo - YOU CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT, get rid of the bad stuff and before you put that cookie or cake or potato chip or whatever into your mouth, ask yourself if your health is worth it?  Because all the sugary fatty foods out there are toxic for us and why would we want to do that to ourselves?  Eat for your health and the weight will melt off while you're not looking!

False to waking up to sunshine but I do see some blue inbetween the clouds so I know it's up there somewhere!

The next person is going to start scheduling their dr and lab appts today - ugh.

• Marple

Tried to but they're closed until Monday.

The next person IS going to get off their butt right now!!

• marejo

I did already Sharon.  Just completed 30 minutes of powerwalking on the treadmill and will do 30 more this afternoon.  Although, exercise isn't my issue....I'm an avid exerciser....I just put way too much crap into my mouth. 

Deb, thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom.  You are right....and of course, I knew/know all that already.  I will try to ask myself that question everytime I want to eat something not healthy.  I WILL and CAN do this.  I am strong....loved.....and filled with God's power.  Look out 10 pounds of fat ------- YOU ARE HISTORY!!!!  Hahaha!  (I hopeFoot in mouth)  Again, thanks Deb.

The next person can't believe another year has passed.

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806

Yes, and am glad it is gone. Hello 2009!

Next person wears flase eyelashes (thinking about it, they are falling out now Frown)

• Wink

Not yet - have some and tried them on yesterday, but have not worn them out...I have about 5 eyebrow hairs on each side and maybe 10 eyelashes combined.

The next person is wearing a wig.

• marejo

No, I am not.  But did wear one for about 6 months.   Praying I never have to "go their" again.

The next person is going out for lunch.  A friend is taking me BUT told the friend it has to be healthy!!Kiss

• faithandfifty

TRUE!!!! Where did that time go? The babeez are "pulling themselves up" so I know time has passed.

Edited to answer the correct question (LOL) False to lunch out with friend, unless you count me, myself and I!!

The next person will make a plan for the weekend hours.

• leaf
    leaf Member Posts: 1,821

But no fun plans.  I'm working and need to wash my clothes.

The next person has an ant infestation.