Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• mzmiller99
    mzmiller99 Member Posts: 220
    edited April 2009

Justannie - Welcome!  Yes, it is a crappy disease! 

And, I know I was so upset when I was told re-excision was in order.  Then, my breast surgeon reminded me that she had told me 40 % or so, have re-excisions.  Well, who remembered being told that, when I could hardly take in all the info to begin with!?

So, the one thing I can say, is that the re-ex was much easier.

I loooove the Cape - in the summer!  How are the winters?

So glad you found us!  This is a new forum, and a very caring and compassionate one!  I guess it comes with the "seasoning" we've experienced!

Susan

• mikita5
    mikita5 Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2009

I just read on another forum that a 10 yr. old girl has bc... Anyone else see that?

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited April 2009

Evening everyone.....Arnie....I think your Dr. did spell it out.  If you are positive there are other things that can be done....at least for 5 years.  After five years you may stay on one of the AI's. for however much longer you and he feel might be of benefit.   There is basically nothing extra after your initial txs to use if you are negative. 

Keeping that in mind though, I think there are a fair number of people who would never need more than minimal txs.  There just isn't any way to tell who they are. 

Thought I would tell you...I decided to get one of the free lymphedema alert bands from Penisula Medical.  They came today and I  ( don't ask me why ) was startled at the Day-Glo Pink band with dark black writing.   The warning says...No blood Tests, Blood Pressure, No I.V. or Injections into this arm.  They are just the size of the name tag plastic bracelet........stands out though with the color --- provided of course that it is read and understood.  I'd still do more...like have a Nurse write on my arm as well --- since you may not always be conscious.  I don't anticipate any big need of it, but find it comforting that I have something here on the off chance that I'd spend time in the hospital for something --- even fairly minor. 

Hi justannie.  You are never alone here.....there is always someone to share with and much all over comfort to be found.  Hope you will return often. Some people do let you down after you thought you could count on them.  Not sure why but almost all of us seems to have had a similar situation.  Maybe they just discovered that they could not deal with what became our reality...it is too close for their comfort....who knows.  We are always here cheering each other on and caring and praying and trying to help however we can.  So do come often.

Hugs,

Jackie

p.s.

Mikita, we were posting the same time I guess.  That is a little freaky about the 10 yr. old.  Just goes to show I guess that we never know what is ahead of us or why someone so young should have a burden like that. 

• Motherof7
    Motherof7 Member Posts: 135
    edited April 2009

justannie

Welcome to our forum, the ladies on her are great.Smile They are a loving and kind group of seasoned ladies, they always have kind words and encouragement for you.

So sorry to hear you are alone and so far away from your children, my girls have been an absolute blessing to me, the boys not so much, maybe the girls can deal with it better. Who knows?

Just know we are all afraird of this dreaded disease called cancer, so you are not alone.

Hope you have a great and blessed day, and I will be praying for you.

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited April 2009

JO - there is nothing worse than vertigo - hope the Antivert works.  Worms probably work as well as anything else they give you.  I know when my PCP suggests I take Tylenol for pain I tell him I might as well take two M&Ms - they will do just about the same thing as Tylenol only they will taste better.

My podiatrist gave me two more prescriptions for my foot wound that won't heal (I didn't do it any good walking around on it all day Saturday shopping but Geez Louise - his co-pay and two prescription co-pays and its a $100 and he wants to see me every week.  Yikes!

• illinoislady
    edited April 2009

Just stopping in to say hi ladies.  We have sun today which is good and will instantly stop my depression....the short-term kind that I get when it's too gray for too long.  I really dislike gray days but knowing we need rain will help me tolerate it somewhat.  Too many in a row though and my feelings get more and more negative.

Well, I have some things to do before my cousin comes.  I promised I'd go with her to Sears in Mt.Vernon.  She needs a new wash machine. 

Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Hugs,

Jackie

• amE2
    amE2 Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2009

Hi Ladies,

Sorry, I have been moving to a nice sunny house, lots of light and --- well it is making me happy so I haven't been online for a while.

It backs to a grave yard though, actually this is Florida so they put people in mosoleums (sp) as the water table is so high.  BUT it is really a pretty park like setting back there, big old oak trees with spanish moss all over them.  Very --- serene.  I told Robert he would just have to dump me out the back door when I die.  LOL (more gallows humor, don't mean to offend, it just helps me see the light side).

Went to see oncologist yesterday.  All my scans are back.  Nothing new he reports.  Just what we knew before.  No cancer in my brain.  Yippee or anywhere else.  Just in my breast and several very small nodes on my Pleura and back of my lung but not big enough to do anything about at this point

BECAUSE --- I am reacting extremely well to the Arimidex.  Breast has gone down in size, is not as red, some of the tumors are shrinking after three weeks on the stuff!!!.  He did his report right in front of me and said that I was responding extremely well and that I was not just positive but HIGHLY Estrogen and Progesteron Positive and that is why I was responding so well.   I am HER/2 negative so I asked him what they would do about that and he said, maybe Chemo but right now he wants to see how the well the Arimidex works. I have to have a bone scan in two weeks and he doesn't want to see me back for a month. The bone scan worries me a bit as my grandmother died at 80 of bone cancer originating from bc at 75.  He is also pleased that my coughing has gone way down to the point where I can breathe.  I am figuring that what they said is probably true, I am advanced so they are buying me time.  Heck I am already 64 -- buy my five years and I am old enough to die.  LOL (more Gallows humor, still helping me to see the light side.)

It is slow growing so I am thinking that if I just keep chuggin' along one day at a time and enjoying each day --- well heck, I am happy.

He also sent a copy of the report to my surgeon who wouldn't operate as it was to involved--- to let him know I am responding well, so maybe somewhere down they road they will operate.  

I have a science background and this is bizzare but I am fascinated watching the changes in my body.  The Arimidex makes everything taste like cardboard so I am eating about half of what I use to and have lost 17 lbs.  LOL, I am one of those that can afford to loose 17lbs.  I feel lighter and better also.  I just have to do something now about this Starburst Jelly Bean thing I have going on.  When your taste buds don't want to work those things that make them respond (Jelly Beans) become a focus of attention.

Anyway, happy to be back on line and talking with you all again.  How did Makita ( I think it was Makita who had surgery?) do with her surgery?  I haven't looked at all the posts yet.

PamW1

• illinoislady
    edited April 2009

Hi Pam.....glad to see you back.  I think we all wonder when we don't hear from someone for awhile.  I must say that I like your humor.....Dh and I seriously considered a house that was across the road from a really old local cemetery....and in soliciting advice from my Mom she said well....you know I'd buy it for two reasons....it's nice and the people across the street will always be very quiet.  Now I really did appreciate that last point she made.  We did not buy that house....but chose one almost as good.  We found one in some woods by a lake and there are only two other houses on this little lane.  It's not bad at all. 

Your reports all sound as though the Arimidex is doing quite a job and I can see why your Dr. would like to see just how far it can carry you before any other intervention.  You may indeed end up a good candidate for surgery in the the future here.  Interesting that you have a cardboard taste with the Arimidex.....lots of us are griping as we have gained a bit on it.  Not sure I want a cardboard flavor to everything....but sure would be nice to not gain ---- if I could just get around to starting that diet.  Sigh !!!!

Makita is back with us.  I'm sure she will chime in soon.  Think she said she had all but one drain out which always seems to make a great improvement....everyone says the drains are a drag and I think cause some pain too perhaps. 

Will be checking in tomorrow sometime.  Now and then I can use the computer at work, so I may have time there...if not when I get home after work.

Hugs to all.

Jackie

• fleecewood
    fleecewood Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2009

Good Morning:

Am wondering and hoping that this is where I belong...am 56 had a lumpectomy, had axill node diss, good oncotype so was able to skip chemo and am on day 9 of rads. (out of 30) Am supposed to be on Femara, but am in a low risk group and would rather bow out of it.   I feel invisible with another group since they are younger & all went thru chemo together. Anyone here going thru rads for the first time?  

I am so thankful for these forums, such great info available,  but need a good fit.

Susan

• illinoislady
    edited April 2009

Fleecewood....welcome.  there is likely someone doing rads or about to begin.  Hope you will come often.  We are seasoned a bit here so you will fit right in.  Today is a work day for me so I have to go but keep checking....others will come soon to talk to you.

Hugs,

Jackie

• hmm
    hmm Member Posts: 957
    edited April 2009

Susan,

I hear you on the 5 years years of taking meds! Just like you I had a low score ( 6 ) on my oncotype and was able to avoid chemo. Decided to give them ( in my case Arimidex)  a try being my oncologist was stressing how important she felt they were and was pleasantly surprised to do okay with them......at least so far............... have been on them since mid December. We all have to do what is best for us and I want to wish you the best with whatever you decide to do.Good luck with your radiation.................... same as you I did the 30 treatments that included 5 boosts at the end........... that too went okay.

Best wishes,

Pat

• amE2
    edited April 2009

Hi Fleecewood,

Welcome, I have only been here for a couple of weeks but have used the strength these ladies have to offer more then once and have tried to provide some of my own.  It is possible that later down the road I will have to do rads so I am listening to everything everyone is saying.  I have several small tumors on my lungs and Pleura but he says they are to small to do anything about right now and wants to see how the Arimidex does with them as I am responding so well to it.  

So please just keep talking as I am taking it all in.

Thanks Jackie for responding to me, I don't feel quite so lonely anymore.  Mercy but we do need each other don't we?  That feeling that "I" am the only one going through this is just plain scary.

Pat, my Arimidex is being good to me also.  Not many probs at all.  A hot flash once in a while and I am off my feed but as I said --- I can afford to be off my feed for a while.  LOL.  Although --- a comment was made about my weight loss not being a good thing.  I have had this for a while and have never had trouble with eating --- anything and everything --- LOL --- but the Arimidex is giving me a funny taste in my mouth, problem is --- I am not having ANY problems with sugar.  Sugar seems to taste good if not better then ever --- to bad cancer cells love sugar.  SO I have one easy battle with sugar.  I can manage that I think.  LOL

Hugs to everyone --- Makita --- keep chugging along.  It can only get better now. ;-)

PamW1

• mikita5
    edited April 2009

Hello ladies,

Hoping this last drain comes out in a couple of hours!! If it does, I'm going to the mall to walk a little (and eat).

My pathology report said I had more DCIS in the cancerous breast but the other one was clear.. so I made the right choice! I don't think I'll have to have any further treatment, at least I'm hoping.

God bless everyone!

• Jo_Ann_K
    Jo_Ann_K Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2009

Fleecewood,

I completed 33 rad treatments around Christmas 2008.  I'd be happy to help you through your journey with rads.  The most important thing is to keep your radiated breast moisturized with whatever they recommend.  Everyone responds differently to the radiation based on the dosage and type of skin you have.

Best Wishes,

Jo Ann

• nelia48
    nelia48 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2009

Pam, I'm also on Arimidex!  The night sweats have been terrible and also the rise in blood pressure.  I also am having taste issues, but thought it was the radiation treatments.  Not sure which it is now.  I better get used to it, as I was told I'd be on it for life!

Susan, I am just done with radiation.  Last treatment was yesterday.  It was horrid, I'm sorry to say.  I'm burnt to a crisp, all my skin is peeling off, and it hurts something terrible.  I'll be glad when this all heals up!  I also had hyperthermia (heat) treatments with my radiation.  I guess they wanted a really good burn!  I used all the creams, etc., and my skin held up until about the 20th treatment.  Then it was all down hill!

• ritajean
    ritajean Member Posts: 4,042
    edited April 2009

Hi Fleecewood, Welcome to our thread.  I found radiation to be much easier than chemo.  I had 33 rads and the boosts and I used the cream that they gave me faithfully.  I suppose that everyone reacts differently due to different skin types, but I had to trouble.  I ended up with one very tan breast and had no side effects.  We will be here for you to answer any questions that you have and to cheer you on!  Go into them with a positive attitude and you'll find them very doable.

Oh my gosh, Nelia!  Arimidex for life???  Wow!  I have never heard of that.  I was under the impression that we were kicked off the drug after five years.  Hugs!  I would guess that the night sweats are a result of the Armidex.  I'm doing Arimidex and I get a few of them but they have tapered off with time.  Hang in there.

Pam, I'm struggling with the sugar issue, too.  It's so hard to stay away from it.  I do pretty good by eating grapes and other fruits for a few days and then I find myself scouring the house for jelly beans and chocolate.  Dark chocolate with 85% or higher cacoa content is supposed to be a good anti-cancer food.  I have found that if I eat a square of it, it is bitter enough to curb my sugar cravings for awhile.

Well, I need to get off here.  Catch you all later!

Rita

• illinoislady
    edited April 2009

Hi everyone....I did 6 weeks ( 30 ) rads and then a week of boosts.  Did pretty well up to the last week......I did get a bit toasty, but some of the other Illinois ladies were kind enough to send me some of their leftover lotion.....and using that I healed up in a couple of weeks....good as new.

After having my A/C and T be 6 months of struggles.....the rads seemed a walk in the park as far as they were concerned --- boring actually.  The problem was that I had to go 70 miles away from home and stay in a motel all week ( for seven long weeks ) to get my rads done.  I lost out on my winter doing chemo......then 9 10ths. of my summer with rads.  Sort of lost a whole year there but the point is that I NEEDED the rads to be easy to do and I decided beforehand they would be and I guess it worked. 

I'm on Arimidex as well and most of the se's are ( knock on wood ) quite mild.  Some hot 'feeling' now and then but it is very short duration and not really un-comfortable.  Little stiff here and there and clomp around, especially in the morning after a night's sleep, and now and then a sort of stabbing pain here or there.....fairly quick and it's gone again.  Nothing so far that I can't easily live with overall. 

I too am surprised about a lifetime of Arimidex, but my Dr. seems to think if no bad se's it could be longer, or be switched to something else.  I'm wondering if anyone has decided ( had some conclusive evidence ) about staying on AI's longer than 5 years.  Or maybe there is reason on the Dr's part to think something WILL be here in that length of time and we will just go on to that.....whatever it is.  I do think at some point a major breakthrough will come --- just not sure which area. 

Anyway...I'm off to my pj's and recliner.  Work tomorrow again.  See you later.

Hugs,

Jackie

• mikita5
    edited April 2009

Rita:

Why are you trying to not do sugar?

• illinoislady
    edited April 2009

Hi everyone.....won't be here long as I'm bushed again.  Two days of working sometimes wipes me out.  I sure need to build up a little more stamina. 

I get most of my sugar fix by using Splenda.  ( a little regular sugar now and then too ).  My nutritionist friend is against any artificial sugar....but there is some called Whey-Low that is often used for diabetics....nice thing about that is Whey-Low has white, brown and powdered sugar too.  I ordered some on line but it is a little on the expensive side....so I just went with Splenda as they do make br. sugar as well.  My friend won't use anything but Stevia.....well, I read some negative reports on that as well.  Just comes to what you feel most comfortable using....and Splenda does not give me that cramps and all over sick feeling a couple hours after using it, so I just stuck with it. 

Well, I'm headed for my recliner. 

See ya'll tomorrow.

Hugs,

Jackie

• lovemyfriend
    lovemyfriend Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2009

To all of you ladies who are in this forum, God bless you.

I am in the "older woman " category, age 65.  I've been reading your posts and hoping to get guidance for my very dear friend who was just diagnosed with Stage IV "Inflammatory Breast Cancer".  Her cancer has also spread to her brain, bones, and lungs.  IBC is extremely difficult to diagnose correctly.  Her diagnosis was delayed several weeks because it can't be detected by a mammogram or sonogram.    My heart is breaking and we are both extremely afraid.  At the same time we are hopeful and trying to find joy in every day.

If anybody can give me some advice on what to say/not say.  I just want to hold her in my arms and pretend she is safe there and time will stand still.   

• Lcharmie
    Lcharmie Member Posts: 156
    edited April 2009

Hi lovemyfriend and to all the ladies out there,

This is a nice thread and I have been reading your posts. 

To lovemyfriend--I am sorry to hear about your friend---I guess I have in my mind to love and support her as you will.  I also am one to believe (my surgeon told me this) "Linda we will live till we die" and that was because he said after my lumpectomy (he did not think I was going to make it because he said I was so deeply depressed---he saw this, and I probably was---long story short--I am still hoping for your friend, with todays technology and meds--I just can't give up hope and lets not leave out (Prayers).  I also believe in people looking into Alternative Drs.  there is a lot of info out there, that may help. Sometimes this BC can be Chronic--meds to keep us here, depends on to, the fight we want to fight, sometimes people feel the meds are the worst fight---Decisions sometimes.   Hang in there--

Linda C.

• Lcharmie
    Lcharmie Member Posts: 156
    edited April 2009

Hello Ladies,

I am 62 years old and I am 10 years and 5 month Survivor.  I am HER2 positive---In 1998 the tests for HER2 were not in my city---I had Adramycin and Cytoxan and 34 rads----the CA came back in that left breast in 2002 so May 31, I had a mastectomy on left side----3 Wks later when the Dr was going to tell me what kind of Chemo I would have, he found a lump in the right breast--malignant, I chose not to go through the changes that I had gone through, for the left side, so Jun. 18 I had my right breast ,mastectomy---3 Wk later I had a port put in.  We decided on Herceptin and Navelbine as Chemo and it worked for a lil while, Jan. 2003 the CA came back in my  skin on my chest, Breast CA of the skin it is called, it looked like lil red bug bites, we biopsied it, it was CA.

We had stopped the Navelbine, so back on it, I went.  It showed up again in 2005.  I done Herceptin alone---then  2006 Xeloda, the side effects of this was not good for me, and the summer /fall of 2006 ,Rads (34) ---By Dec. 2006, we are seeing it again----I was going to Celebrate my 60th Birthday in (Peace) as what my life had been like from 50 on-- Wheee-(it was not a nice 10 years)I was changing it all in my head--for NUMBER 60.  I spent the most wonderful time in Vegas for my 60th birthday!!!  OK--back home to start Chemo--Taxotere--I did 5 treatments, the side effects had me "so tired", I told my Dr. I was going to get Psychotic,"for real", so he stopped the meds!!  (The meds  can all be trial and error, also building up a resistance to the Cancer too) So we tried Tykerb and Navelbine----by Nov. while I am red in my chest, it was not enough to biopsy, so my Dr and I decided-- lets just give my body a break---and I say with lot of Prayers--since Dec 3rd I have not been on any meds(after 6yrs. every week and sometimes everyday) chest is looking great, almost normal--I will see Dr in June, sooner if need be, I feel fine and do not miss the meds, my energy is great--this is only the short of what has gone on in my life----My saying--THIS CANCER WILL HAVE TO CATCH ME RUNNING I WILL NOT LAY DOWN TO IT----AND I HAVE HAD TO RUN!!!  I am thankful to have support from my family--not always like I want it--they would say that I am a hard person to take care of and by nature I am a Caretaker, but have worked real hard at "being able to give to me".

Ladies hang in there, do what is necessary for oneself.

• illinoislady
    edited April 2009

Good morning love my frined and linda.  I am so sorry for myour friend LOVE MY
    FRIEND, but I believe Linda has given you some very good advice.  Use what drugs might be tolerated as life can be sustained now.  The thing about life on earth----it's always terminal...none of us really know what we will deal with, or exactly when our time here is up. 

Just love your friend and let her know always that you are there for her....help her in any way you can.  No one ever promised it would be easy, just that it would be worth it.  God Bless.

Hugs,

Jackie

• amE2
    edited April 2009

Hi for Today Ladies,

Someone asked about sugar, from what I have been reading -- cancer cells love sugar, live on it in fact, so the best thing to do is to stay away from it.  I do Splenda also, it tastes the most like sugar and although the calories are only 1/2 of what sugar is I have switched over to almost all Splenda so I have halved my sugar intake and I am a sugar lover. I also am taking the advice I have received here to munch on some dark chocolate when I get a craving.  Course then that has caffiene in it which I should stay away from just because it does make my breast hurt.You have to remember I haven't been operated on yet.   I also have learned to love real fruit juice bars.

I hope this doesn't sound to maudlin but I deal with life and death --- well first of all by learning to laugh at it.  I love gallows humor.  Sick as it is it really helps me to see the light side.  The other is I have had times in my life when I really did almost die, so I look at life in general as something that I have been allowed for a while and then it will be gone, like most everything else.  This too shall pass.  WE ALL die sooner or later.  

I also think about the catecombs in France.  Miles and miles of nothing but the bones of dead people.  No one knows who they were, they are just --- dead people.  I could be one of those ---  people --- bones.  Who am I?  The most important thing I have done in my life is to have my two handsome intelligent boys (men now).  That is my accomplishment.  I have a degree in Health Information Management and am about to get one in Psychology --- it is irrelevant.  Those boys are my and Gods gift to the world.  When I die I will just be one of the sets of bones in the catecombs.  I figure --- nobody knows who they were and about the same will be said for me.  I try to stay humble enough to understand my presence in the world was no more important then one of those in the catecombs.  It helps me to live life one day at a time and to enjoy each and every minute that God has given me. 

I hope that helps.

Have a great day ladies.  I am off to play UNO (yes,UNO) with my old people friends tonight, these are the ones that have been very negative.  I am going to see how it goes.  Playing UNO makes me laugh so that is what's good about it, but having negative friends may no longer be worth the stress they put on me.  This is the first time I have been with them since I was DX'd, we shall see how it goes.

Hugs Ladies,

PamW1

• ritajean
    ritajean Member Posts: 4,042
    edited April 2009

Mikita....Pam is right.  Sugar feeds cancer cells.  After reading alot on this topic, I've decided to try to stay away from sugars except for natural sugars in fruits,etc.  It is not easy but I've reduced my sugar intake quite a bit.  I still sneak a piece of candy every so often or indulge in a piece of pie or cake but I'm really working on limiting my consumption. I don't think that I'll ever get completely away from it, but hope that the reduction will help me some.

• Gramof3
    Gramof3 Member Posts: 111
    edited April 2009

Mikita

I just sent you a PM.  Helen

• mzmiller99
    edited April 2009

No sugar!!  How bad is that???  No sugar, and artificial sweeteners have their own bad rap (make you crave sugar more).  I' ve already given up sex and drugs!!  What quality of life is there with no sugar??!!  Bwaaaahhhh!!

And this week, my daughter tells me I'm heavy and should pay more attention to my weight and my cholesterol, and get back in shape. 

Geesh!  A size 10 isn't THAT bad.  She's a gorgeous size 6, and in great shape, but that was harsh. I may not move in with her when I retire after all!  Frown  Poo poo head.

And, welcome to all the new ladies who have joined us.  (I haven't been around for a few days, I've been pouting and cursing my belly fat!)

Susan

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468
    edited April 2009

size 10, Susan??!  That's hardly there! I haven't been that small since I was about 10 years old. You may have to have a chat with your daughter. Or order her to produce an adoring grandchild. My 5 year old grandson visited just as I was finishing painting - all sweaty, covered in paint and wearing the very worst clothes I own.  "Don't I look beautiful?" I said to my daughter. The little guy studied me carefully and announced, "You look good, Amma". It's all in the eyes of the beholder.  This was just before the mastectomy. Since then he has yet to notice that I am lopsided. I'm still me.

• illinoislady
    edited April 2009

I'm with you Lassie.....been so long since I was a size 10....but then I gained my height early so a size 8/10 didn't always look that good on a 5"8' gal with long thin bones and no boobs.  I could have been a model....and all the others envious as I had to eat constantly to stay anything close to 100#'s --- usually wasn't either. Time was slower then.....and I thought I'd have "trouble" my whole life long.........how wrong a person can be.  Now I am thrilled to get below 200.  Most people would never guess my weight though.  They are shocked when I say it.  Guess there is something good to be tall.

Hmm, sugar....how I love it.  I do mainly stick to Splenda though....if I have it at all.  One thing...if you eat protein before dessert....it doesn't cause big blood sugar fluctuations.  So many people want to save dessert for a couple hours after a meal.....better to save room and have dessert shortly after the protein.  All these things they don't tell you that helps a little in how you feel and your body behaves. 

Raining here....we will get a break later, thank goodness.  Hope it's gone by tomorrow. 

I'll be checking back in later. 

Hugs'

Jackie

• mzmiller99
    edited April 2009

leslie - I love it!!  Amma - I'm Gamma!  My lovely, intelligent, nurse-practioner-in-women's-health daughter has a wonderful husband, two horses, two dogs, two cats, and two goldfish.  They are not having any children.  Rats.  I'm glad my other daughter and her husband have one gorgeous little guy, and plan on more!

There is nothing like grandbabies, is there?  I have to compete with my mom, Gee Gee, (for great grandma)! for attention, however!

When my daughter asked her two year old if he wanted to talk to me on the phone the other day, he said, "No Gamma!!  More Gee Gee!!" 

Mom and I almost wet ourselves!  She figures because she's in her second childhood they get along so well.

Thanks for the encouragement - I'm going for a long, fast walk and then go riding! 

Susan