Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2009

Yes, I believe I read somewhere on here that once you have 25 posts the limit is lifted?

• Motherof7
    Motherof7 Member Posts: 135
    edited June 2009

Hi Ladies

I came home this week expecting to get my Herceptin on Wednesday, there was a message on my answering machine wanting to change my day to get Herceptin to Tuesday or Thursday. We have to go to the bank on Tuesday, and it's about 3 or 4o'clock when we get home, we usally leave early Thursday so we can get back up there and rest a little before we go to work on Friday morning, we have to work 13 hours per day. I already made all my Dr's appointments to early Thursday mornings, boy, they like to mess up everthing.

We had a full park on Saturday and Sunday, and people were waiting out in the streets to get in. I felt sorry for my husband, he was out in the street directing traffic in the heat.

My daughter is here to visit, will talk to you all later. God Bless You All!

• samedaynurseJan
    samedaynurseJan Member Posts: 162
    edited June 2009

well .....lets see.....

when it comes to Arimidex, they seriously dont know what the optimal amount of time to take it is, there are ongoing studies and they are basing the 5 year time frame on previous findings with Tamoxifen and other studies that have been done.  A lot of ladies questioned this one....a lot of answers were given but none of them changed the information we already have.

The biggest news in bc treatment according to the Panel of experts is in targeted therapies, and specifically something on the horizon for triple negatives....my notes are all at the surgical center for a few days but I'll post some of the specific comments next time I bring them home.

As for numbing cream being safe or unusable....I can tell you that as a bc patient myself and as a health care professional it can be used safely, and it doesnt affect the way the dye travels and does its job one single bit.

I have found, through my own Drs and the lectures I have gone to that supplements arent nearly as much a mandatory thing as a personal preference of what you think is best for you. Calcium and Vit D are especially important for those of us on aromatase inhibitors....I couldnt tolerate calcium supplements and I now have it figured out how to do it dietary wise and my Dexa scan so far is perfectly normal, i do take 2000U of Vit D and consider it to be critical. The other choices are mine....Magnesium seems to help ward off aches and pains and helps with sleep, glucosamine, and melatonin (my personal favorite for a restful night)

Til next time...

love and best wishes to all of you ,

jan

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2009

Thanks Jan.  Hopefully they will discover before long that 2 years on Arimidex is enough (don't I wish).  Then JO will be wayyyyy ahead of the game and I won't have to do it as long!

I know you are absolutely correct that supplements are individualized - as is everything else with this darn disease.  We are all so different in what we need and can tolerate.  It is so important to ask questions, get answers and make decisions based on our own preferences.  But, thanks loads for the take on the numbing creams.

• ritajean
    ritajean Member Posts: 4,042
    edited June 2009

Roseann, Good luck with your rads.  I did just fine with them.  They were so much easier than the chemo and I hope it's the same for you. 

Jan, thanks for the info on the Arimidex.  I've pretty much worked through my aches and pains on it and learned how to keep them at bay, but I still crave food and I'm almost always hungry, which of course has led to a weight gain.  I worry about getting it off, but Jo's experience with the weight loss excites me.  It leads me to believe that there is hope after Arimidex.

Recliner time around here........hugs to all of you.

Rita

• Gramof3
    Gramof3 Member Posts: 111
    edited June 2009

Footprintsangel--I just sent you a PM.

Jan-  Thanks for the information, especially the TN info to come.

Hey JO5--Glad to hear that you're feeling better--sounds like the Arimidex decision was the right one.  I would be so happy to lose 5 pounds just like that--but I haven't been on Arimidex.  Cry  The steroids make me feel like I'm starving ALL the time.

Motherof7  Sorry to hear about the scheduling fiasco.  By the time we get through this journey, we'll be experts at so many things--scheduling, pain managment, stress management--we should all get degrees in BCMS--Breast Cancer Management and Survivorship from the School of Hard Knocks (uh, change that to the School of Hard Lumps.

Chooks All, have a good evening.

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited June 2009

Is 57 old enough?? LOL♥

Dx at 55, IDC, surgical bx w/wide excision, found DCIS close to IDC so margins were too close for comfort.  Went for re-excision, May 4th 2007.  Did fine with radiation only got a mild sunburn like effect.  Being a red head I thought I would burn bad.  Now on Arimidex, July 26th will be 2 yrs, just mild hip pain.  Bone density was good, onc wants me to take Calcium 1000 & Vit D 800.  After 2yrs I still have a hint of blue where the tumor was, weird.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited June 2009

Thanks  Gramof3, I answered you.

To all the wonderful people here, May you have a peaceful night.

JO5 Have been praying for you, Hope you are feeling better.

Rita, Thank for remembering me sometimes, Have had a long week

Patoo, God bless you for all the caring you give.

Jan, Thank for the info, Arimidex is help and hurting me, But I am grateful.

Going to rest out of energy, Hugs, Debbie

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2009

I think it is the case of doing the math on Arimidex...I started taking it before it was approved by the FDA for early breast cancer ...I did four years on it after a year on Tamoxifen..and finished up in 2006..so there haven't been enough people who have finished five years for any length of time ..the trials won't show up for a while yet..in the meantime..I did my five years total...

• Motherof7
    edited June 2009

Gramof3

You are so right about us getting a degree in our bc management. It seems like everytime I get my schedule worked out, they want to go and change everythingFrown. I work Fri., Sat., Sun., and Mon. We work from 8a.m. till 9p.m. We are off Tues., Wed., and Thurs. My husband has been great through all this. We have to go to the bank Tues. morning, then he drives us home, sometimes it's 5p.m. before we get here because he wants to stop and make sure I don't get too tired, so that leaves get the Herceptin on Tuesday out. I had it scheduled for Wednesday's, that worked out great, becuse I'm usally like a zoombie the day I get the HerceptinEmbarassed.Then on Thursday, he drives us back, so we can get some rest before we go back to work on Friday.

I told him last Sunday, I would get out the ticket booth and direct traffic awhile, he told me there was no way I was getting out there in that sun, he said you know you're not suppose to get out in this sun. Like I said, he has been great, he won't let me lift anything.

I hope and pray you are getting along good, and I will continue to pray for you, and all the other ladies on this site.

God Bless You!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited June 2009

Good to see all you ladies and all the news Jan.  I am hopeful as well about the TN news.  Of course, I am not triple negative......but have a friend who is and while she never came right out and said it.....I saw the **thoughts** in her eyes when she talked about having done all she could with the chemo and rads.  I would so like knowing there is something else for the TN's. 

Deborye...welcome to you. You are definitely "seasoned" enough.  Sounds like you are doing pretty good and handling your Arimidex just fine.  Probably enjoying our on-going discussions about the drug. 

I never heard the 5 post rule either but I know if it helps keep span off here I'm all for it.  I have seen it happen a couple times.....here once or twice ( got handled very quickly ) and on another board....didn't last long there either.  Thank goodness someone does take care of this as this is our lifeline and many of us would be lost without this place to get help, and comfort and knowledge from the best experts there are....those who have been cast on this same path before the rest of us. 

Thinking about you Motherof7 and hoping that all can be worked out with as little stress to you as possible.  So many challenges at one time --- maybe it makes the rest sweeter when it comes.  Your Dh is a keeper isn't he?

Hi to everyone else today.  I need to get busy....wanted to help a friend pick up some animals today.....she does not need to be doing it alone.  Makes her nervous on good days and it's hot and not too comfy today.  I have a Blazer with a a taxi barrier in back so I can carry animals easily and they can't get in the way of the driving.  I promised to help her.  Be checking again letter. 

Jackie

• Gramof3
    edited June 2009

JO- I think I have the Monster Munchies!  I've been chewing gum and it does help (not as much as chocolate, thoughWink).

Deborye  Welcome...we're all seasoned Chooks here (term used by AussieSheila and it took hold).  I'm trying hard to remember how Sheila explained it--used for "older" hens; farmer calls to them, "Here chook, chook, chook."  Help me explain, Sheila--or another of you chooks--I'm not making much sense right now..........

Motherof7:  I agree with JO and Jackie--You are taking on so much and your DH sounds like a wonderful man.  Don't overdo it in this heat.

Patoo  I remember reading about the 5 post limit until you get to 25, too. 

Been a long day--am going home and do nothing this evening.  Take care, Chooks.  Helen

• ritajean
    edited June 2009

Welcome Deborye!  You've just discovered a great group of ladies!  Come and post often.  I think you and I are at about the same spot in our journey. 

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited June 2009

I went in and give the cancer dr some blood, Man! where do they put it all.

Rita, Can I borrow some energy I am out, Gramof3, Hope everything is going well, Keep

up the good work. Patoo, God bless you and keep you strong.  Motherof7, Please be careful in the heat, I got hot flashes too, So I know both heats.

Deborye welcome to a very kind and caring place. We a love helping each other.

Jan, I learned more the my Dr knows with help from you and Patoo

Pam, Hope you are doing well, Please take care.

Hugs to all,had a long day. Debbie

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited June 2009

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I have been on the boards for awhile and in chat alot.  Met 27 of the most wonderful ladies from the chat room when we all decided a Meet 'n' Greet in Vegas.  What a marvelous time we all had.

I'm back on yearly mams and probably will be weaning off my onc. also will be on Arimidex for 3 more years.  But this website and all of you wonderful people have been very helpful.  Losing my mom when she was just 64 to bc scared the #$%^ out of me when I was dx.   Boy do I miss her.

• socallisa
    edited June 2009

hey deborye..I did see some of those Vegas photos...lol...it didn't "stay in Vegas"

• Motherof7
    edited June 2009

Illinoislady

I finally got my schedule worked out.Yes, my husband is a keeper,I have really been blessed, my first husband was also a keeper, I don't know what I did to deserve it, but, the Lord has given me two great men. I was with my first dh before he died with cancer, in Sept. I will have 13 years with this one, God is so good.

Jo-5

It took them six times of sticking me yesterday before they finally got my iv started, so I've decided to have a port put in, they say my veins are getting more and more fragile. I lost 4 more pounds, I guess that is one of the se of the Arimidex.

To Each and Everyone of You Ladies:

I hope and pray that you all are doing very well. I pray for you all, although I may not know each and everyone of you, God knows you all, and I ask Him to put healing and blessings on you all. I hope you all have a great and blessed day.

Gramof3

I hope thos wonderful grandchildren of yours are doing great. I know you are so very proud of them. I also hope you are having a great and wonderful day.

SoCalLisa

How did you learn to take such beautiful photos? I would love to take photos as beautiful as yours.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited June 2009

G'day chooks, hope you are enjoying what's left of the day. We Aussies are lucky that we get to have it first and use up the best bits before ye;^) some times we leave some of the good stuff behind though. 

Gramof3: I am a gram-in-waiting, even though I'm an old chook, and am looking forward to the arrival of my first grand-child, one of these years.  I just became a (I hope not dreaded) Mother-in-law a month ago so I'm still in training on that front.  The Groom, No 2 son, third child, revealed at his wedding that he and his bride named the wedding day less than a week after my dx w/ stageIV mets last Nov.  I knew that at the time, but wasn't quite able to ask, didn't want them to feel that I wasn't happy for them, which I was. He's married a wonderful girl.  So, for now, I'm happy to wait a little longer. I'm in no hurry to shuffle off right now.

Older sons partner (who has been married before,) staged a crying jag at the wedding and focused all the attention on herself.  When the bride ( a nurse in mental health) went to her, to try to calm her down, she told her to 'Eff off".  Well, I never!  How things have changed in forty years. It's enough to frighten off the dragon of all M's-i-Law, let alone little old me.  

SoCalLisa: I, too, enjoy all your wonderful photos of your beautiful country. I got a new camera for Mothers day and am still practicing with it. At least these digital cameras are cheap to practice with.  I am currently experimenting with close-up night shots without using flash. This started with a phone camera (1.3mp) that didn't have a flash, so I improvised with a L.E.D. torch and the results were quite interesting.  My avatar photo of my cat was taken this way with my phone and I have a similar one on this monitor as my wallpaper which, I would swear, the cats eyes follow you around the room.

I hope you chooks 'up there' find something good in this day and all your tomorrows, we'll try to leave you a bit more good stuff in each day.

Sheila.

• ritajean
    edited June 2009

Deborye, I know what you mean about missing your mom.  I miss mine, too.  She died between my second and third chemo....a couple of years ago....and I still think about her all the time.  She had breast cancer at the age of 80 and I feel so guilty because I never reallly understood all that she was going through until I was diagnosed.  She didn't die from the bc, though.  She had congestive heart failure and fell, creating fluids on the brain.  No matter how old we get, we still have that mother-daughter love, don't we? 

Debbie, I'm sending extra energy your way!  I'm one of these Type A people who can't sit still without doing something, so if I pass off some of the energy to you, maybe I'll slow down a bit.  I'm doing a yoga class on Tuesday evenings and I have learned how to relax a bit more!  Hugs!

Well, I have some errands to run today and plenty of things to get done around here so I need to get moving.  I hope all of you have a good day.  The sun is shining in Illinois and I'd rather have the heat than the cold anyday!

Rita

• amE2
    amE2 Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2009

Hi Ladies,

You all have been busy, busy, busy posting.

I have a friend that has been on Arimidex 5 years and will change out any doc that says she has to get off of it, she is a nurse (friend of the friend with lung cancer) and thinks it was the greatest drug made.  She hasn't gained any weight.  Like you said Jo it's different for each of us.  Her doc told her she was welcome to stay on it as long as she wants.  

As far as weight goes, I thought I was gaining so I panicked and stopped eating and I lost the 4 lbs I had gained, that doesn't mean I don't still have the cravings as I do -- for sugar mostly.  I also crave sweet/sour things and cancer doesn't like acidy stuff so "I" am calling it an even deal.  LOL  I figure I am stuck at 200 for the duration.  I can't see me dieting enough to drop below that.  I am NOT super human when it comes to dieting or I wouldn't be 200 lbs.  LOL  If I can maintain I will be happy.  

Deborye, welcome a nicer more supportive bunch of women you could not find.  I still thank the powers that be that I found this group.  TeeHee, I quote them to people all the time, i.e., "in my bc survivors group they say -----."  Never one person by name, but boy are they all a good defense sometimes. :-)  (((HUGS))) to all you good ladies.

My mom is still alive, we have never gotten along until these last years.  Now I feel like I am the only person she feels she can be honest with.  My brother and sister are in Ohio and take care of her but I think they get on her nerves.  They don't treat her "as an older women" (86 in August) with much respect.  I will be happy to see her when we go on vacation. I miss her and I am still heart broken that my dad is gone.  I came from a patriarchal family and he was our strength.  Life is scary without him.  My Robert is good but doesn't inspire the security my dad did. Sigh.

WELL ladies, I am a new Aunt.  VBG (Very Big Grin). My nephew's wife had a baby girl on Tuesday night 8lbs 8ozs.  Bigger then my first smaller then my second.  A good sized girl --- Eleanor Rose (Ella).  I am so proud of him and her, they are nice kids.  I'm getting closer to being a grandma (I'd like to think, lol) this nephew is 2 years older then my oldest boy, there is still hope for me.  LOL

OK, ladies, I am off to study but not to much as I handed in a paper last night and need a study break. I think I may finally buy some Hibiscus for the front yard.  I don't know, it's raining here and I am not interested in trying to plant in a Florida storm as they are notorious for the amount of lighting they can throw around.

Jan, thanks for the info, that is just about what I have been told also by my nurse friends. Aussie Sheila, how interesting about the chooks, I must of gotten here to late to hear that story.  At least I won't frown any more when I see people using the expression.  In fact I am giggling right now.

I will post again in a couple of days I am sure, in the meantime I am reading everything and gleaning all the good stuff I can. THANKS (((Ladies))).

Hugs, Pam

• Lizzy90
    Lizzy90 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2009

Hello Ladies<

Tomorrow is judgement day for me! My pathology report is due via surgeon/oncologist visit at 1pm and sure as the day and hour gets closer my nerves are making me nuts...2nd lumpectomy and if the margin is not clear this time...then..??? my sentinel lymph was tested during surgery and came back negative so the surgeon only taken out 3 nodes in total but only lymph node was tested via frozen section during surgery and again it was negative...now i'm wondering hourly since the day of that surgery on june 15th ...what happened with rest of the 2 nodes and the margins? how about those calcifications left from the 1st surgery?? that was planed to be taken out as well..boy i wont sleep tonight..i can see my brain is working overtime so here I came to write down  my agony ..i know only GOD knows what is in that report now  but would like to know why doctors torture us like this? why? cant you just call me? i know i am just another case but for ME -I am the most important at this time of need and anxiety...i must sound alarmingly crazy...just would like to be 1 day older...

thank you for listening/ reading

hugs to all in the time of need for hugs

Lizzy

• Gramof3
    edited June 2009

Prayers, Lizzy.  You don't sound at all crazy--the waiting is so frustrating--we''ll be thinking about you at 1 pm tomorrow.

Pam, congrats on baby Ella.  Have fun being Auntie Pam!

Sheila, seems every family has to have a Drama Queen(Do you think she will actually become family??)  Too bad she was so inconsiderate of the bride...grrrrr.  And thanks for leaving us some of the good stuff!!

Motherof7, glad you got your schedule worked out...I guess all of these challenges build character????? 

I go to the surgeon tomorrow so he can check out how I'm doing with my new port.  I'm so afraid it's not healing like it should and that will mean delaying my chemo scheduled for Monday.  Frown

I fell Friday evening just as we were settling into the motel in Branson.  I was sharing a room with my grandds and one of them left a tote bag on the floor.  Of course, I came along, managed to get my right foot caught in the handle, and began to fall forward.  My son was yelling, "Stop!" which I thought was dumb...he was trying to tell me to stop moving and I could get my balance.  I was just trying to fall as easily as I could--which I did.  Anyway, I'm sitting here tonight with an ice bag on my swollen ankle--the 93 degree heat isn't helping. 

Chooks, take care.  Helen

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited June 2009

Well Helen, looks like we didn't leave much good stuff in yesterday/today, did we?  I woke up to hear about MJ and our TV stations have replayed his life story all morning, which seems to be your Thursday afternoon. I hope today is a good-port-news day for you and good news day for Lizzie.

Sorry about your ankle too, Helen, can you get ICE GEL over there? We have it here for sprains and such and it cools the area down, as opposed to adding heat to the inflammation added to by the  hot weather.  Steppping over my 20yr old cat in a narrow space one day, I lifted my foot and caught my toe in the hem of the other leg of my slacks. I couldn't save myself and went down nearly giving myself a heart attack as I had been warned to be careful of such events when I started taking Bonefos a couple of months before.  Luckily, no damage done!

I'm not sure about this girl as she made a comment on Sunday about it not looking like my son will ever ask her to marry him.   I just zipped my lips.  Both she and my son are both about 6ft 2-4inches tall and I get a crick in my neck and my eyes cross when they stand too close to my  5ft 2in self.  Part of her drama was that she felt she wasn't close to us and she wanted to be able to ring up for a chat at any time which, I assured her, she could.  I have tried ringing her at times when she is not working but she is always off somewhere else with her mother/sisters/friends.  When they visit us here, she always picks up a magazine and starts to read it while offering a repetitious 'hmm' as she continues to turn pages.

Knowing they were coming last week, I removed all readable material and turned on the digital photo frame they gave me last Xmas. It was loaded with photos of the wedding plus some stuff from their holidays and the newly married couples' engagement party.  Included in these was a photo of a beach where he had written his marriage proposal in the sand, which I thought was quite romantic.  Little did I know it would stir up such resentment that day. 

Oh well, I'll have to learn to tap dance or something to entertain her in future.  Don't let the ankle biters, bite Helen.

Sheila.

• ritajean
    edited June 2009

Oh Helen, I hope the ankle is better.  That sounds just like something I would have done.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the port is A-O.K. and that your chemo is on for Monday.  I'm sure you told us but I've forgotten (as usual).  What type of chemo are you having?

Lizzy, how well we all understand the agony of the waiting game.  Hugs to you!  I'm sending good vibes to you for a good report.  Let us know the results as soon as you can. 

Congrats on that new little girl, Pam.  It is your job as an Aunt to spoil her, you know!

Gotta run.  I have things to do before my golf round this afternoon.  Tomorrow at this time I will be hugging my grandsons.  We're heading to KY for the baby's baptism.  As always, I can't wait to get my hands on those little guys!

Everyone have a good weekend!

Rita

• nelia48
    nelia48 Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2009

Hi, everyone!  I just spent the last hour catching up on everyone's "doin's" here.  I feel I have been a real slacker in not posting here like I should. 

I'm in the midst of a scare as I seemed to have developed a very hard cherry sized lump in my chest, above where the stitch line is from my mastectomy.  Showed it to my primary care dr., and she ordered a chest xray.  That came back as questionable and recommended a scan with dye to see further.  So my oncologist calls me and has me come in today, and he pushed and prodded and squished on it and agreed --- couldn't tell what it is.  So I'm up for a PET scan next Thursday.  More worry and wait!

I hate all this wondering all the time.  Just when you think it's over. . . .!!!!!

• socallisa
    edited June 2009

Nelia..hope they figure out what is going on with you...it is always something isn't it..

Rita...have a ball with the grandkids..don't you just love it...

Sheila..my tongue is red from biting it around my DILs... maybe even permanently scarred...lol

Hi Jo

Lizzy..hoping for the best..

I didn't plant flowers in my pots before I left on our month long trip because I figured they

would not make it ..so I went to the garden store and most of the plants are now too large..

oh well, I bought some petunias..and sent DH to the garden store to buy some ready made

hanging baskets..I just have to have color by our patio and pool..

• Gramof3
    edited June 2009

Nelia

Prayers for you.

Rita--Gram time is the best time there is....spoil, spoil, spoil!

Went to the surgeon today--said my port incisions are healed just fine, so back to chemo on Monday.  The ankle is down some--never said my name is "Grace" although my older gdaughter --the one who left the bag on the floor IS Grace! 

Chooks--hope you are all finding a cool place to spend these hot, humid days.  Take care. Helen

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited June 2009

Hi everyone.   I am doing as little as possible these days.   Had my Next to Last Herceptin on Thursday and will mark each day off till July 16 - the LAST one... Then July 20 to have myself "deported" - port out...   

Onco said the pool and hot tub are ok, but I did not go in all last summer since I was having chemo.  My blood counts have been good, but I notice several babies with diapers in the pool and wonder IF I should just stay out again this year.   It is a private pool - part of this apartment complex and probably not as closely monitored for germs as a public pool.  

Hugs and healing vibes and good wishes for a good outcome for all tests and scans and may the good Lord put his hands on your shoulders and steady your walk throughout the day (and night).   Blessings,   Nancy 

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited June 2009

Nancy....just a thought about the pool situation.  I do know that anywhere, or anyone should ( due to insurance issues ) I would think have to provide testing where pools are concerned.  I would ask your rental/apt managers how they deal with the pool.  Having said that....I'm not sure I could easily bring myself to "knowingly" plop myself in a pool ( realizing we are I think supposed to be past that sort of squeamishness ) where diapered babies are.  They should be able to enjoy a pool now and then.....but ( big can of worms ) I think I'd be more comfortable if they had a size/age appropriate pool rather than one more than likely meant for those who can conform a bit to good pool manners.  I may get boo'ed here ......and it is quite possible that chemicals are used which handle "accidents" of not being able to get out of the pool to use the proper facilities or for those who can't even tell you they need to be out.    Just very good to hear that you are nearly done.  How wonderful to finally finish.  Many of the gals that had chemo/Herceptin for a while felt cut adrift ---  almost not protected after the long time of "going and doing something" for such a long time.  So....I'm already wishing you well that it works out ok for you.

Helen....glad you are improving.  I hear you about the gracefulness.  I often trip over dust bunnies.  I'm trying to be a little more aware....last few times I have managed to catch myself but you never know if that alone is going to twist or jar you in ways that don't always end up being so kind to the body. 

Hope all are having a nice day and not too much warmth.  Today our heat wave ( it's been pretty miserable in my part of southern Illinois ) should break and I can't wait.  Seems I was pretty much of a non-sweat kind of person before chemo.  It sure changed me.....now sweat ( often pretty un-lady like, pours off and my hair is visibly wet.  Not much to my liking.  Still, small price to pay for being well now.  Just looks bad. 

See you all later.

Hugs,  Jackie

• socallisa
    edited June 2009

I am with Jackie on public pools..you never know what someone did in them..I caught

something from our local Y during chemo...but I should have known better. We do have

our own pool and I do the chemicals and control who goes in and out., but it was winter and our pool was too cold...