Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Mucinous Carcinoma of the breast

1828384858688»

Comments

• sonialand
    sonialand Member Posts: 4

Obsolete, moderators, thanks for your responses.

I already had the MRI, which is why it was seen that I had 5 lesions. On the ultrasound, 4 were seen.

I have had two lesions biopsied. Both have 98% estrogen receptors and one has 85% progesterone receptors and the other 25%.

I have several questions, let's see if you can help me:

Question 1: My biopsied lump feels larger to the touch now, after the biopsy. Do you know if it will return to its original size? It's been three weeks since the biopsy and it's not getting any smaller.

Question 2: I would like to know if there is any way to transform the mastectomy they want to perform on me into a lumpectomy, so instead of removing my entire breast, they only remove the tumors. To do this, I understand that I need them to reduce in size or disappear using some technique. Is there a technique or something that can be done to achieve this: oncothermin, cryoablation, something else that I don't know about?

Question 3: Does anyone have experience with these techniques that I mention: cryoablation or oncothermia (electromagnetic hyperthermia) or with any other that has worked in some way?

Thank you very much for continuing here. I wish one of the old colleagues would come in to tell us that things are going great for her after a long time.

• bubbles17
    bubbles17 Member Posts: 4

unfortunately I find myself back in the club 7.5 years after my original diagnosis at age 31 of stage 1 grade 3 mucinous (multifocal, no nodal involvement, oncotype score 16. At that time, I was treated with double mastectomy, TC chemo and 4.5 years of Zoladex + armidex (no radiation)
    Now at age 38, I have a tiny local recurrence in the fibroadipose tissue between the implant and my skin 2 years after coming off the AIs, which appears to be a local recurrence based on it again being mucinous per biopsy and in the same area as the original tumour cluster.
    Still going through the full battery of scans but based on this being caught so early (only just had a clean ultrasound in June where it wasn’t there!) my surgeon has suggested this can just be cut out without implant removal followed by radiation and getting back on the AIs. I would have thought something more aggressive might be in order especially as this recurrence is very close to the skin 0.1mm!
    If anyone has been through similar would be grateful to hear what sort of treatment was suggested second time round.
    thanks.

• obsolete
    obsolete Member Posts: 338

Sonia, hello friend! What a perplexing situation, to which I regretfully have not much relevant info to add. Higher ER%/PR% tend to be more favorable.  I once had been told some tumors can fill with fluid/blood after biopsy which can contribute to tumor enlargement, as mine did.

If your doctor cannot give you satisfactory answers,  perhaps you could author your own individual thread to solicit feedback on this board. Im not familiar with endothermic or cryotherapy reactions, although the technology sounds fascinating.

Regarding breast reduction, be very careful not to rush into reduction until you're 100% certain there are no remaining occult mucinous malignancies in the breast. A reduction procedure didn't end well for a BC patient I knew who had residual tiny occult malignant tumors in her breast which had been too tiny to be visible on MRI. Radiotherapy, scanning and medicine are at times imperfect, unfortunately, so mitigate your risks.

For whatever it's worth, my double mastectomy was much easier, less painful & more doable for me than lumpectomy, except the drains were an inconvenience for a few days. It's also bought me emotional freedom & peace of mind for these past 10+ years, which is invaluable to my life. Best wishes 💗 in your decision making 🤔

• obsolete

Part 2

Cancer patients ought to exercise caution not to "turn off P53 Tumor Suppressing Protein (P53 Gene), one of the key mechanisms the body has to fight off cancer, allowing for the rapid proliferation of cancer cells." -- Dr.Charles Hoffe

Not everyone has high sensitization, so patients will react in different ways.  But it's still best to minimize biological action associated with abnormal cellular signaling. A biophysics PhD had warned that spike protein can bind to ACE2 receptor, estrogen receptor & many others. This action essentially can activate the estrogen receptor, for example. Please discuss with medical teams who understand this or who are willing to admit it 😃

p53 deficiency is common in cancers. Some mRNA can reportedly wake up dormant cancer cells & can trigger Tcell receptors &/or suppress p53.
    "BNT162b2 mRNA reprograms adaptive & innate immune responses" Ref 2021 paper by scientists at Radboud Centre in Netherlands. Also some spike protein can damage immune response, so all BC patients need a healthy high oxidative environment. Adequate Vitamin D is important with a clean diet. Wishing everyone well who are navigating new & repeat occurrences in this rodeo.

• obsolete
    edited August 25

THE BNT162b2 mRNA VACCINE AGAINST SARS-CoV-2 REPROGRAMS BOTH ADAPTIVE AND INNATE IMMUNE RESPONSES
    "In conclusion, the mRNA BNT162b2 vaccine induces complex functional reprogramming of innate immune responses, which should be considered in the development and use of this new class of vaccines."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.05.03.21256520v1

SURVIVAL OUTCOMES FOR PATIENTS WITH NONMETASTATIC PURE MUCINOUS BREAST CANCER
    — Julia Cipriano, MS
    Posted: Friday, August 23, 2024
    https://jnccn360.org/breast/medical-literature/survival-outcomes-for-patients-with-nonmetastatic-pure-mucinous-breast-cancer/

• obsolete

Bumping for @bubbles17

Because it's noted Bubbles originally had Mixed Mucinous with IDC, perhaps recurrence might be treated as conventional IDC this 2nd time around?? You may possibly receive better exposure on IDC threads for Mixed IDC tumor. I heard a couple Stage-IV MixedMC recurrences had been treated with Taxotere or an AI + Verzenio with favorable responses. Best wishes.

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 216

@obsolete ,

I am an IDC with mucinous features and that was my exact treatment. I'm a stage 3, but I did Red Devil, Taxol and 2 years of Verzenio and am on an AI for life.

Amanda

• bubbles17
    bubbles17 Member Posts: 4

obsolete, thanks for the reply.

My recollection is that my initial biopsy in 2017 was “NST with mucinous features”, which would be treated as IDC, however the full pathology after surgery changed to “invasive mucinous carcinoma”, which I read to be a re-evaluation based on the overall greater % of mucinous they removed.
    The path on the biopsy this time says “invasive mucinous” straight off the bat so I’m assuming it will be treated as such