Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Abbreviations for newbies - updated

Options

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013
    Options

Thanks Mods for always reviewing the threads and pointing people to get the support/help they need.  Your work is invaluable.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited August 2013
    Options

Good Night, girls!

• patoo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Night Meece, Joni, Ainm, curveball, CCFW, anyone reading!

• Meece
    edited August 2013
    Options

Nighty-Night, Ladies!

• patoo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Ainm, I miss your tea.  For some reason I can't seem to get it just right like you did.

Night friends.

• Meece
    edited August 2013
    Options

I miss it,too.  Good Night!

• patoo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hmmm, Ainm, don't force me to drink my yucky stuff.  Come back, come back, come backkkkkkkkkk!

Night (sniff, sniff)

• Meece
    edited August 2013
    Options

I think I need warm milk or something to help me relax tonight.  Founf a voicemail when I got home from work from my onc's office.  They want me to call them and I don't remember if they call me when news is good or not.  I need to convince myself that that is what they do. 

• aaoaao
    aaoaao Member Posts: 245
    edited August 2013
    Options

Meece..have you had any tests ran that they may have results?  I hate when doctors do crap like this.  Don't they know it drives us crazy.  If they had to endure what we do I think they would be more sensitive.  After I had a back xray my MO's office called me late Friday afternoon and told me they needed to see me on Monday.  I asked the nurse what the problem was and she just said the doctor wanted to see me.  I had to wait all weekend. I thought I would lose my mind.  It did turn out to be a spine tumor but I would rather have had the news on Friday than spend the whole weekend running the gambit from it's nothing to it's the worse possible outcome...cancer all over my spine.  Luckily it was just one tumor on one vertebrae (radiation zapped it).

Doctors need to remember that we don't need to be tortured, just give it to me straight.

Just try to deep breath and remember that most of the time it really isn't as serious as we think it is.  We do tend to go to the worse possible scenarios. Good luck and hoping for the best for you.

• Meece
    edited August 2013
    Options

Had a Mammo and MRI on Friday.  So, yes recent tests.

• aaoaao
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hopefully it's just the results of those tests and they come out well.  Please let us know how you're doing.

• Meece
    edited August 2013
    Options

It was the results of the mammo and they were okay.  I just wish she had tried to call back rather than leave a cryptic message.  You would not beleive how long it took this lady to spit the words out once I did get her on the phone!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2013
    Options

Glad you got a good result, waiting it the worst thing in the world!

• patoo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Yes Meece, glad it turned out ok.  That's just insensitive.  I would rather they not leave a message at all and just keep calling until they get me.  Takes their time but they are doing a service so need to be more cognizant of how they make the patient feel.

Few years back I used to give blood and one Friday I got a letter telling me there was a problem with my blood donation and to call them on Monday.  That was during the height of AIDS epidemic and I was a wreck the whole weekend.  Turned out I had once been exposed and so was a carrier of Hepatitis B so they wanted to ask me to no longer be a blood donor.

As long as I'm ranting.  Why does the doctor office always call the home landline although I give them and tell them my cell is the primary?  They can even put a note in the file and still the call will be made to my home number.  Frustrating.

Okay, benedryl kicking in, time for night-night.  Ainm, I'm learning to make a decent tea in your absence.

• Meece
    edited August 2013
    Options

We no longer have a house phone, but I respect my employer enough not to answer my phone during work hour.  Thanks for the tea, Patoo.  You are getting good at it.

• aaoaao
    edited August 2013
    Options

Meece, I think it's admiralable that you're such a great employee that you don't take calls while working.  However, you have cancer, the fact that you're working through this is amazing, they need to understand that you might need to take or make a call during the day since that is when most doctor's offices are open.  I've had calls where the doctor wanted me to come in that day or the next day and if I didn't take the call I wouldn't have known this.  I think your being able, and feeling okay about it, to take a call is a small accomodation to enable you to continue to work.  That's my thought anyway.  It could be that your employer probably doesn't mind but you have such a strong work ethic you just won't take calls while working.  My son owns a business and would LOVE to have an employee like you.  It is very rare these days.

• Meece
    edited August 2013
    Options

Thank you, aaoaao.  ALthough my active cancer treatment is  in my rear view mirror, there are medical issues which are closer than they appear.  I just can't get used to answering the phone at my desk.  Yesterday I missed a call to schedule another MRI.  That puts the ball in my court and I must call today during my break.

The only time I purposely answered the phone at my desk is when my son was stationed in Japan and I could not call him.  I had to wait for him to call me, and when he did, I took the call.

I wish employers appreciated that more.  It seems that you have to be an employee who takes advantage of your employer to get away with it.

• patoo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi Meece, aaoaao. 

Meece, you are right.  Today it seems the employees who are the most inconsiderate are the ones who get over.  Have one on my team who we almost took bets whether she would call out on Monday and/or Tuesday (3 days in a row would have meant a mandatory doctor note).  When she would arrive it wasn't unusual for her to be 10-20 mins late and just sauntered in as though no big deal.  She got a promotion long before it was earned.  Two others on our team, dependable,  have earned it but our management is dragging their feet.  Frustrating.  I'll be glad to leave this rat race, hopefully, next year.

• Meece
    edited September 2013
    Options

The department "Staff Secretary" comes in late, spends 20-30 minutes checking in with everyone in near proximity and somehow always has to leave early on Fridays, and yet she never gets talked to.  Our boss doesn't make us write down taking time for dr. appointments or such as long as it is under 4 hours, so she takes 3 hours and 59 minutes off each week.  An I arrive 30 minutes early and usually leave 15 minutes late to cover my time for drs lately.

• Ainm
    Ainm Member Posts: 362
    edited September 2013
    Options

Tea is brewing Patoo Meece and it's a large pot so if anyone else wants a cup please help yourselves just put the teacosy back on when you're finished to keep it nice and warm. Lost my job last Friday :-( and my son emigrated for work last Sunday - I've been drinking a lot of tea!!

• patoo
    edited September 2013
    Options

Ainm, happy to see your post - sad you lost your job.  Hope you can find another soon.

Thanks for the tea.  My allergies are kicking and the tea helps keep the sinuses open.

Night all.

• Meece
    edited September 2013
    Options

Thank you for the tea, Ainm.  So sorry about your unemployment.  I am in a temp positition and I never know when mine will end.  Makes for a stressful time.

• patoo
    edited September 2013
    Options

Sorry the two of you are going through this.  Leaving wonderful tea on the stove and some biscuits (Red Lobster style) to go with it.  Comfort food always helps.

Night.

• Ainm
    edited September 2013
    Options

Nice biscuits :-D And I don't need any encouragement to comfort / stress eat. I miss the salary and one or two co-workers but I do not miss the commute or the stress of the work. I'm disappointed that my son had to emigrate but at least he's not gone too far. I've 'coped' with worse. Tea cool enough to drink now - thanks!

• Meece
    edited October 2013
    Options

Good morning!

• Ainm
    edited October 2013
    Options

Night Night - just sipping the chamomile tea I found here - hope I haven't taken someones tea but it was just sitting there:)

• Meece
    edited October 2013
    Options

It was left for you, AInm. Hope you enjoyed it.

• patoo
    edited October 2013
    Options

Meece, you're just being nice. It was mine and I only left the room for a moment and came back to find it gone.

But, okay, made another, a whole pot this time so help yourselves.

Night friends.

• Ainm
    edited October 2013
    Options

sorry patoo!!!

when I was shopping today the chamomile tea with spiced apple was on offer - so I got an extra box for us here - so now there's plenty for everyone :-)

Enj

• patoo
    edited October 2013
    Options

Yay! Thanks Ainm. Love spiced apple.