Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Abbreviations for newbies - updated

Options

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited November 2013
    Options

It's early in the morning here, but I could sure use a cuppa warm tea.

• Thamil805
    Thamil805 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Options

thank you I'm still trying to figure out how to post my thoughts or questions on here

• Meece
    edited November 2013
    Options

I know why you feel that way. Most of us do.

• Ainm
    Ainm Member Posts: 362
    edited November 2013
    Options

It's time for a big pot of tea - anyone join me??

• Meece
    edited November 2013
    Options

me,me! 

Bored stiff waiting for DS to come out of surgery. 3 1/2 cups of coffee today. that's 3 cups too many. I feel jittery.

• Ainm
    edited December 2013
    Options

Meece, How did the surgery go?

I'm waiting for test results myself - always find it a bit tense now!

More tea I think or will we splurge and have some Cocoa??

• Meece
    edited December 2013
    Options

Surgery went well...we think. Strange thing about the VA is that the dr didn't come in to discuss the surgery with us afterward. Now we wait. Dr said it could be up to 3 weeks for the bx results.

• Meece
    edited December 2013
    Options

BTW cocoa sounds great! Thank you for your concern.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi all.  Meece, how did it go? Ainm, et tu?

Sorry was off for few months.  Tea just put me in a coma so I'll stick with the cocoa from now on.

Night Ainm, Meece.

• Meece
    edited January 2014
    Options

I've been AWOL for ahwile, no good reason other than I am tired.

The surgery got the entire cancer and there was no spread.  No need for chemo.  Thank the Lord.  This kid has been through enough in the past 3 years, a stroke, heart surgery and now cancer.  I'm ready for him to have some smooth sailing.

• dcis2
    dcis2 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Options

Meece, so pleased to hear that there was no spread, and NO CHEMO! Yeah!!! What a relief.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,057
    edited January 2014
    Options

Meece, so pleased to hear that there was no spread, and NO CHEMO! Yeah!!! What a relief.

• Ainm
    edited January 2014
    Options

Ladies - will you join me for a quiet celebratory cocoa? It was 5 years ago today I got 'the news' and last weeks check up had me ned.  I consider my cancerversary to be the anniversary of the last day of my active treatment which will be next July but I do think today has a certain significance.  I am not what you would consider a strong survivor - I am a frightened, nervous survivor but undeniably a survivor. Thank you for being there for me  - I do appreciate it.  So please raise your cups with me for a very apt Irish toast *SLÁINTE*  (i. e. Health)!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2014
    Options

Congrats Ainm! I dont post here much, but this is such great news! let's hope we all can do the same on our cancerversary! Keep up the good work.

• Meece
    edited January 2014
    Options

Congratulations, Ainm.  That is wonderful news.  I am one of those who marks her cancerversary from the day of diagnosis.  I figure that was the date I started surviving cancer.   I celebrated 10 years in November.  A whole decade, wow!

Thank you, mods.  having gone through the whole gammut, as a mother I didn't want to see my baby (even if he is 26 and 6'5")  go through any of it.

• neverready
    neverready Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    Options

suggested abbreviations to add:

MMJ - Medical Marijuana

CBD - Cannabidiol   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

"[...] CBD has been shown to reduce growth of aggressive human breast cancer cells in vitro, and to reduce their invasiveness [...]"

• patoo
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi Meece, Ainm - great news.  Thanks for sharing.

I also count from date of diagnosis so October last year was 5 years for me - YAY!  Only 3 more months on AI and I'm done - yippee!

Neverready, the mods have a more current abbrev listing.  You can find it on the 'all topics' section and you can send them your abbreviations for consideration. 

• Meece
    edited January 2014
    Options

That's a great milestone to look forward to, Patoo.  Being TN I was never on AIs but I have heard it isn't fun in the least.  It's about time you started counting down the days!

• patoo
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi Meece!  Ainm!

• Meece
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi!

What are you up to these days?

• Ainm
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi Meece Patoo and anyone else who still drops in.

Nothing much happening this side of the Atlantic.  We have been having fairly rough weather. Lots of flooding. My home suffered at the wrath of wind and lightening - lost alot of our IT equipment and part of our roof!!

Have just been accepted for a 12 week gym weight loss programme so I'm hoping that will kick start my motivation.  I'll have to start posting on e-lab again! 

Hope you are all well and that you escaped any health and weather issues.  Oh I also organised an areola tatoo for myself after my dr left me down.  That's due on 26th so I'll be 'finished' at long last!!.  Roll on spring time:-D:-D

Love to all♡♥

• Meece
    edited February 2014
    Options

So good to see you, Ainm. 

Déanann sé áthas orm go bhfuil tú anseo.

Is the program exercise and diet?  Let us know how it goes.  I cannot lose weight.  It's tough for me to post anymore.  I don't know why, I just don't feel like I have anything relevant to say.  I feel sort of down.

I am still having pain issues which the neurologist has cleared me of, so I don't know who to go to from here.  I guess me GP or Cardiologist.  I am so tired of hurting!  Waaaaah!

Sorry for griping.  I need to pull myself up and get normal again.

• Ainm
    edited February 2014
    Options

MEECE!!

I know this might sound weird but I'm so relieved to read what you posted!! I find it difficult to post now too and yet I cannot stay away too long - this is the only place I feel I get some understanding. I think that most of the people close to me - family,  friends and medical team - think I should be 'over it' by now. But I'm taking so much medication and have been in pain for so long now it's impossible for me not to remember what set it all off.  I've had at least one surgery or procprocedure requiring anesthetic every year since diagnosis.  I was successful in losing 100 pounds with no assistance  in the 20 months immediately after treatment but since switching to Arimidex 18 months ago the weight is just piling on no matter what I do. Add to that I lost my job by being forced out last september and I was devastated - I hit rock bottom and have been finding it hard to cope with all the emotions. Last Friday I made the decision to bring an unfair dismissal claim against my previous employer so the stress continues.  Anyway I guess what I wanted to say was I understand what you mean - I'm tired of the pain too!! You know the  saying aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile!! So what you ssid was extremely relevant. I'll let you know how the gym goes!!

Grá agus sláinte:-D

• Ainm
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hmm.... gremlins at work - I'll try this again!!

MEECE!!I know this might sound weird but I'm so relieved to read what you posted!! I find it difficult to post now too and yet I cannot stay away too long - this is the only place I feel I get some understanding. I think that most of the people close to me - family,  friends and medical team - think I should be 'over it' by now. But I'm taking so much medication and have been in pain for so long now it's impossible for me not to remember what set it all off.  I've had at least one surgery or procprocedure requiring anesthetic every year since diagnosis.  I was successful in losing 100 pounds with no assistance  in the 20 months immediately after treatment but since switching to Arimidex 18 months ago the weight is just piling on no matter what I do. Add to that I lost my job by being forced out last september and I was devastated - I hit rock bottom and have been finding it hard to cope with all the emotions. Last Friday I made the decision to bring an unfair dismissal claim against my previous employer so the stress continues.  Anyway I guess what I wanted to say was I understand what you mean - I'm tired of the pain too!! You know the  saying aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile!! So what you ssid was extremely relevant. I'll let you know how the gym goes!!Grá agus sláinte:-D

• Meece
    edited February 2014
    Options

It's been 10 years for me and I have had 6 surgeries/procedures that I have been anesthetized for.  I am on five meds now and can't lose weight before BC I was never on anything.  I am sure that has something to do with my inability to lose weight.  I am 30 pounds heavier than before BC.

I think back to when I was dismissed from my last permanent job and all I put up with there and wish I'd filed against them.  It is stressful even now to think about what my supervisor put me through.

I was dropping a hint to my current supervisor (I'm on a long-term temp job through this month) that I could do a different job in the school where I'm working now.  I meant when this assignment ends, but he told me he was risking sounding selfish but he wanted me right where I was.  He's very pleased with my work, which makes me want to work harder for him.

I know what you mean about people thinking you should be over it now.  I doubt it will ever be out of my mind.

• Meece
    edited February 2014
    Options

Grá agus sláinte a thabhairt duit, freisin.

• patoo
    edited February 2014
    Options

Ainm, Meece - sending warm thoughts to both of you.  I am so sorry you are still having problems.  I know that is all part of the 'new normal' but it still hurts to read my friends still hurting and being hurt by others.  Know that you are loved!

• Meece
    edited February 2014
    Options

{{{{Patoo & Ainm}}}} and any of our old good night pals from the Abbrev. for Newbies group.

• Ainm
    edited February 2014
    Options

Meece , Patoo et al - sending warmest wishes to my friends.  Sweet dreams XX

• patoo
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi Ainm, Meece, good to see both of you posting here occasionally.