Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Abbreviations for newbies - updated

Options

Comments

• Ainm
    Ainm Member Posts: 362
    edited March 2014
    Options

Happy St. Patrick's weekend - Patoo, Meece and anyone else who still pops in here to see who's about and to say hello!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2014
    Options

Say hello, and Goodnight!

Night Ainm, Meece, all.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited March 2014
    Options

Thanks, I haven't been here for awhile.  Last couple of weeks have been tough and I haven't posted much anywhere.  DH and I lost his son earlier this month and it's difficult to even think of something I want to say.

• Meece
    edited March 2014
    Options

Good night, Pattoo, Goodnight, Ainm.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited March 2014
    Options

Good Night Meece

Good Night Pattoo

good Night  Ainm

Smile

• patoo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Meece - so sorry about DS.  HUGS!

Goodnight Sheila, Ainm, Meece, everyone.

• Meece
    edited March 2014
    Options

Thank you.

Good night, heading out to dance class in about an hour.  Anyone want to come along?

• patoo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Me, me - I wanna come!

Meece, where are you in CA?  Some of us from the exercise thread will be meeting up out there first week in June.  Flying in to John Wayne then travelling up the coast to SF.  Let me know if you want more details - no pressure!

• Ainm
    edited March 2014
    Options

oh Meece - I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS)))) Look after each other - take time. Le comhbróin croí. ♡♥

• Meece
    edited April 2014
    Options

I'd love to hear more, Patoo.  I am mid CA  in the valley between Orange County and SF.  If your were going up the coast I'd have to figure out your route, perhaps I can meet you for lunch one day.

• Meece
    edited April 2014
    Options

Go raibh míle maith agat an méid sin

• jrsno1fan
    jrsno1fan Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Options

What is BPM?

• patoo
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi jrsno1fan.  Sorry I was away and this thread is seldom used.  If you are still in need of information please go to the thread link at the top where the Moderators have posted, and maintain, the abbreviation thread.

• Meece
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi, Patoo!  How is everything going?

• patoo
    edited August 2014
    Options

Meece!!!!  Good to see you.  Everything is, well, going!  Really, no complaints.  How about you?  Now if Ainm would chime in my day would be complete.

• Meece
    edited August 2014
    Options

Doing pretty good.  Busy now with work and grandchildren.  I couldn't believe that that day in Santa Barbara I was the only grandma!  Number eight is on the way.  Looks like if I clear my mammo, ultrasound and MRI next week I will be released by my oncologist.  10 years out from the end of treatment.

• Ainm
    edited August 2014
    Options

Consider me chimed in ;-) Good to see you both. It's almost hot chocolate weather again!! Hope you are both very well.  XX♡♥XX

• patoo
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Ainm!!!!!!  Can't wait for your hot chocolate - yummy.  How are you?

Meece, nice to be released.  Can you remember back when you first started.  Those first days/weeks/months - seemed to pass so slowly and now, look at you 10 years later and still here to see number 8.  Looking forward to June 2015 and maybe other grandmas will join us.  My boys are 27 and 30 and because of special circumstances may never have children, but you never know.

Glad you hear from you both.

• Meece
    edited August 2014
    Options

NO, God has plans and we never know what they are.  There was a time we didn't think DS1 could have children, and then last Fall with DS2's cancer we doubted he would be a father.  Now he has 3 step children and a baby girl on the way.  

Wow!!!

I am hoping that everything goes as planned and I can join you next summer.

• sheila888
    edited August 2014
    Options

HI meece...patoo and Ainm   Loopy

I am a grandma to a 5 months old  baby girl named Isabel

My older one who got married last year made me a grandma

She is my pride and joy and i love her so much it hurts  ♥

good to see you all and it's chilly outside going down 57 brrrrr

Hugs ♥ 

• Meece
    edited August 2014
    Options

She IS adorable, Shiela.

You are facing a cool down?  We are supposed to be celebrating a three day weekend with temps at or near 100

• patoo
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi Sheila, congrats on your grandchild.  Isn't it funny how '57' is chilly in the summer but a heat wave in winter!  I can never understand it but it does work that way.  

Meece, you are right that God has it in His control and I'm definitely okay with whatever He chooses for my sons (and me!)

• Ainm
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi Meece, Patoo, Sheila - Just finished a long phone chat with my friend in San Luis Obisipo and now I'm here chatting with you!! I have more friends on that side of the Atlantic than this side:-D:-D.  Meece - I was in Santa Barbara once in 2000 - it was lovely.   Delighted to see you celebrating 10 years on!! It's 5 for me and if I was finished with the an anastrozole (and its associated se's and the meds I take for them) I would be a very happy lady!! But when I visited my oncologist last month I was disappointed when he told me he wanted me to continue it for at least another three years and keep up my twice yearly visits .  Well I guess it's a good excuse for a few trips to the city! ! On the grandma front - I do not have the honour as yet but someday I hope, and then Meece I'll be looking for advice! ! My son (27) gets conferred with a PhD this October and he has been living and working in the UK for the past year and has two more years on his contact there ( I'm not sure about the possibility of grandchildren there as his girlfriend has some health problems :-() .  And the following week my daughter (24) gets conferred with a Masters degree and will be job hunting - who knows where she'll end up, she's unattached and loves to travel:-).  So this is the first year since my son began school that I don't have someone in full time education or financially dependant on me!! (Well that's if DD gets a job!!) . 

I only popped in to say I had made a pot of camomile tea for everyone and now it's gone cold because I stopped to chatter!!

Oíche mhaith - choladh sámh! !

• Meece
    edited August 2014
    Options

Mmmm tea was de-lish!

I hope that if you get to California again that we could meet up.  I really enjoyed meeting with some of the ladies from this site.

We did the reveal cake tonight.  Now the whole family knows we are expecting a girl.

• Ainm
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hot Chocolate anyone?? Smile

image not displayed

• sheila888
    edited September 2014
    Options

Good morning all  Smile

Ainm..... that hot chocolate looks delicious...did you make it?

• Meece
    edited September 2014
    Options

MMMM what a way to wake up!

• patoo
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yummy, thanks Ainm.  I was, like you, disappointed when I saw my onc in May and he told me to stay on anastrozole another 2 years at least.  Was looking forward to being done.

• Ainm
    edited September 2014
    Options

I must admit I was treating myself at our local cafe - delicious hot chocolate available there. So if ever you come visit we'll treat ourselves there- lovely home baking available too!! 

Yes Patoo it would be good to be finished - I'm hoping that once I'm off the anastrozole the side effects will clear up and  I might be able to give up the meds I take for them. It would be great to be off everything!!! Although what will I blame for everything then ? LOL

Keep well!!

• Meece
    edited September 2014
    Options

Too funny, Ainm! 

It would be wonderful someday to visit in person