Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

"Cording" from below expander into ribs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi Teidam, I don't know if there is anything that can be done surgically, I imagine your cords could maybe be popped, but I am not certain. Mine were pretty thick, large and they branched off in a few areas, but they all went away on their own. I found mine hurt the most when I stood up very straight and leaned back, you could also see them clearly through my skin, pretty gross!LOL

I wish you all the very best with it, let us know how you get on.

• Fritzmylove
    Fritzmylove Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2019
    Options

Bumping this old thread for anyone that may be experiencing the same. I had BMX back in Feb, and the past few days I’ve had pretty bad pain under my breast over my ribs when I reach up. I was thinking the worst... that my cancer had spread to my ribs during active treatment. Well tonight while changing I stretched as high as I could to see if I could feel anything, and sure enough I have a cord running from the bottom of my breast over the top of my rib cage. A quick google brought me to this old thread. I experienced cording in my arm immediately after surgery, but had no idea it could occur anywhere else

• legomaster225
    legomaster225 Member Posts: 356
    edited May 2019
    Options

Ouch!  I had cording from my armpit down to my forearm and it hurt to move.  I went to therapy and had lymphatic massage and stretching.  I thought that was extremely helpful and I felt some relief after the first couple treatments.  The therapist taught me and my husband how to do some of it and I still do the stretching and  some of the massage in the shower every day.  Maybe your doctor could recommend therapy for you as well?  Hope it resolves soon!

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    edited May 2019
    Options

Yep, my cording runs from armpit toward elbow (and beyond toward wrist, much more lightly,) and also into my ribs below my breast. Actually it's good to see here that isn't particularly unusual. Thanks for bringing this post up again, Fritzmylove.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited May 2019
    Options

I didn't know the term Mondor's but I too developed a cord that ran from my armpit down to my lower ribs. This particular one developed 9 months post surgery. I mentioned to my massage therapist that I was having trouble getting my arm up and I had soreness on my ribs. She went to work and told me oh yes, another cord! This one was on my prophylactic side. The rest of my cording was all on my cancer side. But massage and stretching do wonders. Thanks all for the info on this thread. How hard would it truly be to add I don't know two or three sentences into that exercise pamphlet they send you home with?

• Debsauga
    Debsauga Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    Options

I developed this same cord 2 weeks after my lumpectomy. My ribs were so sore, stretching and massaging has really helped, the soreness is longer there but I feel the slight pulling when I lift my arms above my head. My surgeon says, it should get better over time.