Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Mets to lymph nodes in my neck

Options
2»

Comments

• denny123
    denny123 Member Posts: 1,453
    edited September 2016
    Options

Justine-absolutely check with your onc ASAP!

• Nothappy
    Nothappy Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2017
    Options

If you have lymph chain effected in your neck...you are no longer stage 3. This is no longer the breast Auxiliary chain. It is the neck Cervicular chain. And is Stage 4. BASE OF YOUR NECK IS CONSIDERED - METASTASES. Just like going to an organ. Oncologist tend to oversight this important spread to this area which makes a big difference in ongoing treatment or NOT. You should qualify for INDEFINATE TREATMENT. Either a chemo, pill, or immunotherapy. For those that are Her2 positive. Yippie. 😉 You get Herceptin the rest of your life and the health insurance has to pay!!!

• denny123
    edited March 2017
    Options

I was never Stage 3 since I was Stage 4 from the beginning with liver mets.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,089
    edited March 2017
    Options

NotHappy - do you also have lymph chain issues? And are you HER2+? It would be useful it you went to My Profile and filled in your diagnosis and treatment so we can relate to your thoughts.

• Nothappy
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi Minus Two, Yes, I will fill in info soon. Until then, I am +++ Staged 3c which is incorrect since my pet scan showed an Uptake in a different set of lymph nodes at the base of the neck 5 years ago. It should of been staged at 4 and I would of qualified for indefinate herceptin which didn't happen. I was doing research on how to be proactive since my herceptin is about to wear off after approximately 5 years later now and (that my surgeon expressed years ago). When I felt that my oncologist just wanted me to "sit and wait" for a reoccurance and wasn't doing anything proactive for me, I found a new female oncologist who confirmed that I should of been on Herceptin all along indefinitely which I haven't been since my last dose 5 years ago. So we are working on it. I will avoid the reoccurance of 85%. I rather be at 15% possible reoccurance with being on the Herceptin indefinitely. At least it's a lifeline. I suggest every woman to get a female oncologist and surgeon. They are more compassionate about keeping us ALIVE. I have been consumed in my research. I'm happy now that it may save my life. Never doubt your intuition. Keep reading as much as you can everywhere and avoid anyone who tells you "to stop reading and to just trust your doctors" cause you may die sooner than necessary. 🤗

• Nothappy
    edited March 2017
    Options

Did they biopsy your liver, surgery, or just chemo?

• Nothappy
    edited March 2017
    Options

Did they biopsy your liver, surgery, or just chemo?

• Nothappy
    edited March 2017
    Options

YES ,your oncologist should have ordered a pet scan without a doubt. They don't order biopsy of lymph nodes unless they are swollen cause they are too difficult to find with a fine needle biopsy. However, you will be on some type of immunotherapy like Herceptin for life without the chemo if possible.

• justmetoo
    justmetoo Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2017
    Options

I just finished radiation to the neck/breast for stage 2b IDC, after my first radiation a moving lump appeared in my supraclavical area and has been there since I've finished. It's smaller that a pea but moves and often I have a hard time putting my finger on it. Help me understand what these lumps look like and feel lik

• Aliciastewart63
    Aliciastewart63 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2017
    Options

it feels like a hard Peaand it does move and mine happens to be cancer and that's exactly where it is. Supra-clavicle.

• denny123
    edited March 2017
    Options

I had a superclavicular node for about 20 years. My scans showed that it was nothing, until 5 year ago. Now I have cancer in it and 7 other nodes.

A scan will determine what it is.

• ShannaM
    ShannaM Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2017
    Options

did you ever find out about your neck. I'm having similar problems, have been ned for a year. I have a sore throat and stuffy nose currently and pain and swelling on cancer side of neck

• wobbly
    wobbly Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2017
    Options

I read cervical chain is debatable in terms of stage 3 or 4 and cure is potentially possible????

freaking out- awaiting repeat 6 week fu of a small 3mm cervical lymph node seen on uss with no apparent fatty centre- all google is terrifying

single mum to 7 year old

• LoriBach
    LoriBach Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2017
    Options

Can someone tell me... did you feel actual lumps or was it swelling? I.have an area on my BC side at the base of my neck that is swollen... about the size of a half dollar... but no hard lump

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,089
    edited May 2017
    Options

Lori - don't borrow trouble. As several members recommended after your posts in another thread, call your doctor to set up an appointment. No point in worrying the issue. You need to be proactive.