Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• SuprSurvivr
    SuprSurvivr Member Posts: 104
    edited February 2017

Excellent news, aterry! I hope those test results give you some comfort.

Meadow & DiV take care and know that you are in my prayers.

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited February 2017

thank you Val, and supr.

Aterry, so glad you have good news!

• slv58
    slv58 Member Posts: 486
    edited February 2017

Meadow, big gentle hugs hon. You take some 'me' time and do something nice for yourself. Thinking of you xxx

Annie, your in my prayers

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited February 2017

Meadow and aterry,

Sending love and prayers!

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited February 2017

Hi All,

I have, again, fallen behind in responding,Sad but do check in often, thinking of everyone and hoping for good updates from you!

I hope you are comfortable and being good to yourselves!

Meadow, - yes, I did have the lat flap. I tried to avoid it, but had no other option, and I trust my ps 100%. It was not fun, but do-able, and although that side is not as comfortable as the regular implant side, I am still glad that I had it done. If opting for lat, be sure to use a ps that has a great deal of experience with the procedure.

A three day weekend is coming up for most in the workforce, - I hope it is a warm and relaxing for all here.

Hugs from NYC

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited February 2017

Had my first 6 month follow up today since the end of treatments/surgeries. The radiologist said my mammogram images looked beautiful (ha), my bone density scan was great-no osteopenia. MO says my pain ps are normal and from rads. My white count and neutrophils are low, which I should normal due to my lupus, but they were lower than my husband I were wagering on while we were bored between appointments.

Meadow, I hope that wound isn't causing you any pain. My PS wanted to a lat-flap on me, but since I just had a two lumpectomies, I don't really need reconstruction.

((Annie))

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2017

Thinking of Cocker our Annie. Has anyone heard anything??

Just stopped by to say hello to all.

Xoxo

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2017

Great news aterry. Hang in there Meadow and DiV. Spring is in the air here, it was a beautiful day. I've been struggling with sciatica and generally achiness in my hips for about a year now, and I'm determined to get rid of it. Does anyone have any good tips? Sending good thoughts and loving kindness to you all.

• phoenix822
    phoenix822 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017

Hi. Just joined today and was wondering about skin Mets and pectoral muscle tumor. Recent recurrence of IBC and TN mutation. Thanks in advance.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,561
    edited February 2017

Hi Phoenix-

Welcome to BCO! If you're concerned or have questions about mets, you might find this forum helpful: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/105

Hope you find the info and support you're looking for!

The Mods

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited February 2017

Evening ladies and Mike. Sorry it has been so long to give an update on mum! Firstly thank you all so much for the cards you have sent, it has been amazing and uplifting for us all to have such wonderful support from you. Mum said she has so many beautiful cards, so much love and so much support. We have some good news, after a CT scan last week, mum's lung cancer has reduced from 7cm to 5cm after two rounds of chemo. She's not doing too badly, has had a few issues with being thirsty all the time, but not able to drink much, so we have switched to drinking Powerade/Gatorade with electrolytes, which has been a big help. Doing this has helped her energy levels quite a lot. She is still very weak though and only weights 45kg, her onc. decided that this weeks chemo (being no 3) can be put off until next week so that she can try and get some more strength back. However next Thursday is looming fast. Each day is a challenge different from the last and we are taking each day as it comes. She is thinking of you all and you are always in her pocket. Take care out there, Mandy

• gmmiph
    edited February 2017

Hi Mandy/Annie,

Thank you for your update on your Mum's condition. It is so nice to hear from you again after a long while. We've been anxious about your mum's condition and it's great to hear that she's improving. It's still a bit sad though, that your whole family has to go through all of these everyday challenges. She certainly doesn't deserve this nor does anyone. All the TN ladies and gents on this thread are rooting for Annie. We will continue to pray for your entire family.

Take care,

Gina

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited February 2017

Hi Phoenix

Welcome. Sorry you have to be here. You will find a lot of support.

Can you tell us more? The treatments you have already had? That way others that have similar can chime in to assist.

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited February 2017

So glad to hear about Annie. So happy she and her lovely family loved the cards.

• adagio
    adagio Member Posts: 713
    edited February 2017

cocker - so good to have an update.Lots of people here praying that you will have the strength to continue with the treatments. It must be a very tough time for you - gentle hugs to you!

• aterry
    aterry Member Posts: 142
    edited February 2017

Thanks for the update anotherNYCGirl

LoveMyVizsia, what a great report! I've never heard a mamo called "beautiful" before! And good bone density, too, double good news.

ScotBird, Do you think the sciatica is related to your treatment? Did it start when you were doing your chemo rounds? Have you done a search on the site to see if others have experienced sciatica?

• slv58
    slv58 Member Posts: 486
    edited February 2017

Mandy, thank you for the update on Mom, so happy the cards have lifted her spirits and shows how much love we have for her and family.

Shari

• lisaj514
    lisaj514 Member Posts: 289
    edited February 2017

inspiredbyDolce- thank you for your response on metformin (2pages ago). Glad to hear your docs still support it. I have had no side effects at all either. I guess I'll stay on it but I'm also wondering for how long, maybe till 5 yrs.

Cocker-Mandy, so glad to hear from you on your mom. I've been thinking about her a lot. Glad to hear she is tolerating the treatment fairly well. Hope she can still make all of you smile as she has done for us here on this board so many times. Looks like some good results so far. Hugs from across the globe.

Thinking of you DiV and meadow and hope you are feeling better. DiV, think of seeing an Occupational therapist after your surgery. They can teach you and give suggestions on one handed use. People can do anything and everything with one hand. There are some cool devices and tricks. I am an OT and have worked with many stroke pts that had lost the use of one arm.

Thinking of everyone and wishing a restful weekend

• meadow
    edited February 2017

Welcome Phoenix!

COCKER is better! We will take that happy news! Yay!

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited February 2017

Annie/Mandy! So good to hear from you and that treatments are moving along!

Lovemyviz, - another terrific update!

Lisa, - Blond or platinum, - either way you look great!

Meadow, Shari, Scotbird, Aterry, Gina, Val, Ally, and everyone that I didnt name, - may you be feeling well and enjoying the weekend.

It is like spring today here in NYC and the snow is melting. Although I am very concerned about climate change and global warming, I must admit that this weather is very welcome today! ;)

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited February 2017

Angtee, there is a doctor in my area participating in that trial, but I assumed I would be ineligible because I'm IIa. Accordingly, I, too, am curious about your status. Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

I now regret not doing neoadjuvant chemo since I have no idea if chemo is helping.

Lyn

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited February 2017

Lisaj514 I believe the clinical trial has people on Metformin for 6 years. But inspired is the resident metformin expert, so maybe she can double check me.

• Angtee15
    Angtee15 Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2017

Hi there VLH. I was stage 2A and had 25% of my tumor remaining after chemo. The inclusion criteria does say you need to be Stage II or III.

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited February 2017

Thanks, Angtee. I thought it said IIB. I may look into it further. Please keep us posted on any side effects. Thanks!

Lyn

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2017

Mandy - Thx for the update on your Mum. We truly appreciate it.

Today was my last chemotherapy treatment.

• TulipsAndDaffodils
    TulipsAndDaffodils Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2017

Hi all,

Sending wishes to everyone for good times. And amw5, congrats!

Angtee, I'm also interested in your trial (I was stage 2A without a pCR. I did Xeloda afterwards, but remain curious about other adjuvant treatments). I have a question, if you don't mind. I see that 2 arms of the trial include an infusion of Cytoxin along with the vaccine, and 2 arms are just the vaccine. Is it a blind trial? In other words, does everyone sit through the infusions, and half of them are getting placebo? Also, is the vaccine a shot? I'm just curious if it feels like you are still going through chemo, or if the experience is less chemo-like, if that makes any sense. I'm kind of happy to be done with the infusion center. Xeloda was nice that way in that it was a pill you took at home. But this does sound like a promising trial! I'd love to hear anything else you have to say about it.

Good luck everyone!

Tulips

• meadow
    edited February 2017

amw, congratulations! Very proud of you!

• gmmiph
    edited February 2017

Hi amw5, congratulations!

I had my last chemo about 3 hours ago.Yay!

I know many of our fellow November 2016 Chemo warriors are done with their treatments too. I hope and pray that we will all achieve NED for the rest of the journey.

Happy Dance for us!!!

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2017

Thx ladies.

gmmiph - Congratulations dear. (((hugs). :)

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited February 2017

Dear Mandy - Thank you for sending us the update on your sweet Mum. Improvement is such good news!! I will continue to keep her & your family in my prayers.

Hugs & love to all of you great ladies on your triumphs!

Paula