Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited March 2017

Wonderful to hear from you Annie!! More love & prayers being sent to you. Cannot wait for your update!

Meadow - prayers for you too.

Stay strong all you lovely ladies.

XOXO

Paula

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited March 2017

Another, yes, the Lat flap was his first choice option for me. And yours was successful?

Thank you MomMom, I will take all the prayers I can get!

• blamoms
    blamoms Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2017

just checking in. I had my first 6 month mammogram today and see my oncologist next week.i can't believe. I can't believe it's been 6 months since I finished chemo and radiation. Hope everyone's is doing well

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2017

Meadow...sending prayers and love.

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited March 2017

thank you dear Cathy! I can feel your hug!

• 4everStrong
    4everStrong Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2017

Annie! Nice to hear from you again.. missed your sense of humour and it feels great to have your news again! Always in your pocket.

Copper depletion.. have also asked my MO about it last year and he believes there isn't much on it, not enough to make it an inteseting drug to take. Personally I still believe this is better than taking nothing. Unfotunetly he does not share the same point of view.

He also said no for metformin and aspirin. Only said yes for vitamin

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited March 2017

Hello All

In your pocket anothernycg and blamom for your onc visits. mine is on the 21st. I know she will poke and prod, but I've been to my surgeon and pcp in the last two weeks. So no anxiety yet for seeing the onc.

So nice to hear from you 4everstrong.

It is very encouraging to see TN getting more options.

25 years ago I was in a trial for tamoxifen. To see it as first line of defense for bc now, really gives me hope that more will come up for TN.

I am on metformin. My MO does not say yay or nay about it. It didn't stop me from getting TN. Maybe it will help in recurrence.

She says xeloda and or carboplatin would be used if i recurred. I did not have residual, but out of 25 nodes i had a micromet left. So they viewed it as a good response.

• 4everStrong
    4everStrong Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2017

hi val

Great to read you too.

I am waiting for my next appointment with doc for genetic results to see if I am positive to brca.

I read a lot about tnbc .. immunotherapy sounds interesting . Immu132 and leflunomide

below are few articles

https://www.cancercommons.org/tag/immu-132/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/1703...

And you are right.. things are moving, scientists are close to develop something.. everyday they seem closer and closer..

Positive vibes to al

• HarleyDream
    HarleyDream Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2017

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies!!

Tulips- I followed your Xeloda experience!! THANK YOU for taking the time to share your experience!!! I too am very active and was dreading taking "more chemo" because I didn't want to stop all the things I love to do!!! Plus my last child is graduating and I want to be a part of everything! I felt better after reading along with your story! I am currently 9 days in the first cycle and I'm ok!

Meadow-I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with so much! Your attitude sounds strong and that is more than half the battle so continue to be brave and better days will come! As for my two horses, they are both rescues that I have had for many years. They bring me peace and joy just being with them! I hope you enjoy my cute pic of Harley! He is a lot of fun!

- HarleyDream

• simplelife4real
    simplelife4real Member Posts: 341
    edited March 2017

Hi All,

Wow, it takes a long time to catch up on posts when I haven't been here a while. I just got back from a "bucklist" vacation to Fiji, Australia and NZ. It was a wonderful trip (about a month long) and I absolutely loved it.

Cocker, I don't know where you live in NZ, but I have officially fallen in love with your country. It's one of the most beautiful places on earth. I'm glad you are out of the hospital and your treatment is showing shrinkage.

Meadow, I'm so sorry you have had to deal with so much after your revision surgery. Ugh.

Welcome to all the new people. For everyone going through treatment, my heart goes out to you. It's not easy.

I just passed the 3.5 year mark. I find my worry level has gone down significantly since I passed the 3 year mark. I can honestly say that cancer isn't my top worry these days. It's dropped to the number 4 or 5 spot!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited March 2017

That sounds like a wonderful trip! It's so great that cancer has dropped down your worry list. I'm really looking forward to hopefully getting to that point. I'm just recovering from a cold, and even though I knew I wasn't being rational, couldn't help thinking that my cough might be the first sign of something more sinister. I ended up going to the doctor, who said I should have a chest X-ray if it carried on for another week. 3 days later and I'm fine but that slight anxiety is alwaysjust below the surface, waiting for an excuse to jump out! Lots of love to everyone, especially Meadow, Annie, DiV and anyone else who is struggling with treatment at the moment. XX

• Cathytoo
    edited March 2017

ScotBird....Unfortunately, I know all about your mind jumping to the worse possible scenario‼️ I guess this is normal, but I hope it lessens as time goes by. Hope lots of time goes by and all of us never hear from BC again.❤️❤️

• bak94
    bak94 Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2017

Hi! Just stopping by to say hi! This thread was my life boat for years!!!

• Cathytoo
    edited March 2017

bak94..."Hi" back at you. Sooo happy to read your stats and know that all is well with you now. Stay well‼️

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited March 2017

Simple, - what an amazing trip!!

Scot and Cathy and others, - I think we are all in the same boat trying to keep our fears under control whenever a pain or new concern arises. As time passes I think that decreases, - right??

Meadow, - how did your dr visit go today? Is wound closed now??

My onc appt today was ok, - but will know more when blood work results come in next week. I asked her about metformin but she is not a believer in it, nor was she familiar with copper depletion. She is part of a large group of oncologists associated with Northwell health, so I am trusting her/their judgement for now.

Have a good weekend my friends!

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited March 2017

Looks like good old fashioned exercise is beneficial to reducing recurrence. See article from Johns Hopkins:

http://www.hopkinsbreastcenter.org/artemis/201703/4.html

• Stupidboob
    Stupidboob Member Posts: 330
    edited March 2017

Just read about this today and thought I would pass along the info.

Hidden Scar Surgery

https://breastcancersurgery.com/

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited March 2017

The exercise stuff might be helpful if not for the fact that since my third AC infusion, I can't even walk through the house briskly without my heart rate amping up over 100 bpm. And then there's the labored breathing. SickTired

Lyn

• SuprSurvivr
    SuprSurvivr Member Posts: 104
    edited March 2017

Lyn, my heart did the same thing! But it got better after the AC was done. Consider it that your heart is getting exercise anyway

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2017

Annie. I popped on here and saw your post. I'm so so happy. We've been praying for you. Sending continual hugs and love across the miles. Honestly made my day to see your post. Xoxoxo

Arlene your looking amazing!!!! Love your hair regrowth.

Meadow I'm so sorry your still dealing with the infection issue. You know I am all too familiar with that. If you need anything please reach out. Continued prayers and love.

So great to see the long term ladies and gents post and say hello and so glad the newbies have found this place. Hang in there!!!!

Much Love to all. ~ G

• vlh
    edited March 2017

That's what I expected, SuprSurvivr, but the problem has persisted throughout my weekly Taxol treatment. Now I have severe muscle fatigue and neuropathy from the Taxol and lymphedema from the ER nurse ignoring my warning and inserting an IV in my surgical arm. I expected to be so excited about finishing chemo last week. Instead, I feel like I've destroyed my quality of life and finances in exchange for a rather modest increase in survival odds.

I'm very glad that your symptoms improved and hope that will be true for me as well.

Lyn

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited March 2017

VLH: The side effects from my AC & Taxol/Carbo chemo were so severe that I couldn't work for 1.5 years. Still, I'm just glad to be alive, so I'll take the hell I went through (and that I'm still going through; my neuropathy and "chemo brain" persist, and the chemo exacerbated the symptoms of my Ehlers-Danlos syndrome to the point that I feel like I'm about 95)...

• vlh
    edited March 2017

I'm very sorry, adarkadaptedi. :-(

Lyn

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited March 2017

Lyn - Please don't be sorry! That's not what I meant. You wrote, "I feel like I've destroyed my quality of life and finances in exchange for a rather modest increase in survival odds." I'm suggesting that you try to not look at it like that (like *I* did at first, and probably others did, as well!); time (and patience) really DO help. I'm actually working full-time, now! I'll take any day on this side of the grass over the alternative... Hang in there!!! Heart

• SuprSurvivr
    edited March 2017

Lyn - sorry to hear the side effects are persisting and affecting your quality of life. I've been struggling with Taxol neuropathy too in my finger tips and feet. But, like adarkadaptedi says, every day you see the sun rise, see a beautiful flower, or spend time with your loved ones, makes it worth the pain and discomfort. Prayers to you for healing. 🙏🏻

• aterry
    aterry Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2017

I'm sending positive thoughts to everyone having struggles with side effects.

I just wanted to mention that everyday I go to the ScienceDaily site. There are almost always articles about cancer research and most days there are articles about research into breast cancer. Today there is an article on a Mayo study about tumor sequencing. I don't post links, not even in the "Clinical Trials, Research Studies...." thread because I can't evaluate what is important. Many of these studies are still in pre-clinical status. It IS INTERESTING, however, how much work is being done in the TNBC area. There are many different targets and approaches being studied. So many that I wonder how the MO's keep up with all of it. I find all this activity reassuring even though I know that the pre-clinical stuff is, at best, 5 to 10 years away.

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited March 2017

Hi everyone! Tomorrow I get my petscan. Keep me in your prayers that my scan is clean. If scan os clean I have my surgery (arm amputation) March 20th.

• Cathytoo
    edited March 2017

DIV...you have my prayers.

• SuprSurvivr
    edited March 2017

Lots of prayers coming at you, DiV. ✨🙏🏻✨. May God's strength and peace be with you.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2017

((DiV)) I wish that your scan being clean would mean you didn't need amputation. Keep us posted.