Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited March 2017

Hi ladies and Mike & Kathy.

Well I'm doing better this round of chemo now the infection has cleared. My appetite has increased hugely which will help me to fight. I was worried as I lost so much weight but hopefully I will put some back on (but not on my tummy!!). I've now got a week and a half of good days before the next one. My oncologist said if it decreases in size again I may have to have radiation on my chest and oesophagus but I'm a bit worried about not being able to eat again. Has anyone had this done and if so can you tell me, honestly, what it is like so I know what to expect, hate those darn cancer surprises.

Simple I'm so pleased you were able to come to NZ and liked it. It's a pity you couldn't get down to Lake Taupo it's only an hour from Rotorua. Did you get down to the South Island? the scenery is absolutely stunning. If not maybe on your next visit!!

Mike can you just imagine what I would be like if I went 'down below'. I'd probably say "put that darn fire out right NOW". You do make me laugh which keeps me going.

gmmiph just love you posts and all the funnies.

LUV I have been meaning to ask how you like your new home that you built. Hopefully you have settled right in with your dobbies and are happy.

Meadow love you so much. Love all these ladies and gents so much.

Another, hell yes we could meet in the pub or inn and have a good chin wag, as we say in NZ. It's such a shame we all live so far away from each other because I would love to meet every one of you. We would have a blast.

I wish this darn computer would go back and let me read posts without losing mine. Great technology.

At the moment the cat is having an argument with the dog. The dog is 6 and the the cat is 18 and is winning.

I think of you all so much and hope that you are all winning this bloody cancer war. To all of you going through treatment or having problems take one day at a time and you will get through this, I'm living poof of that. Keep smiling, enjoy every day that you can, and I pray the tough times will be easy on you and help you cope.

Love you all. Annie. xxxxx

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited March 2017

Hi Annie! What chemo regimen are you getting ready to start?

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited March 2017

Annie I had Etopiside and radiation. I had the worst sore throat of my life. Ate creamed soups, mashed potatoes and gravy, Ice cream really helped. I'm like you I want to know e everything up front. Annie I'm praying tumor shrinks.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited March 2017

Annie! Smile So wonderful to hear from you and to know that you are eating and feeling better! Keep eating everything delicious! (Why would you have radiation if things are shrinking without it?) Hoping that your next round is easier!

Hugs to you and your family!

and to everyone else here, too! Winking

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2017

Annie and DIV...so great to hear from both of you. You are both so totally amazing. Keep going strong‼️ Sending lots of love.

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited March 2017

Yes, I pop in here and see both ANNIE, and DiV have been in the house! My heart is so happy. Thank you dear God for letting me know these wonderful, strong fighters. They inspire me.

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited March 2017

Well said Meadow! I echo what you said about Annie and DiV. Wow! What a pleasant surprise to hear from both of you!

Annie, we are enjoying the new house. The dobies love having so much room to run around and explore! My husband has planted lots of trees and plants and things look really nice now that the yard is established. I'm praying with the other's here that your tumor continues to shrink. It's so so great to hear from our dear sweet friend!!! Love you so much!!

DiV, it's great to hear from you too! I'm also praying for you for a smooth recovery. You truly are an inspiration girl!! Keep on checking in and let us know how you do.

I need to get caught up on everyone but have just been busy and am tired at the moment. Love all you guys and gals!! I really do!

Prayers and HUGS forall of you!!

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited March 2017

DiV,

So good to hear that you're doing so well! I hope you continue to heal and gain strength over the next days and weeks. Sending very soft, but very heartfelt, hugs to you.

Trish

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited March 2017

Annie & DiV,

I am so happy that you are both fine. With God's help, you will both overcome the odds, along with all the beautiful people on this thread.

Please continue to be our inspirations!

More blessings and happy days to come!

Best Regards,

Gina

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited March 2017

My heart is singing with joy for you precious ladies!! Cocker & DiV - going strong! Everything that Meadow said! You ARE such an inspiration to all of us.

Love,

Paula

• SuprSurvivr
    SuprSurvivr Member Posts: 104
    edited March 2017

Way to go, TN! Let's show this cancer who is boss. Keep up the fight and God bless! ✨🙏🏻✨

• TulipsAndDaffodils
    TulipsAndDaffodils Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2017

I am with everyone, sending best wishes to all, but with extra thoughts for Annie and Div. I am amazed by all the wonderful strong women on this board--keep up the good work!

Tulips

• gmmiph
    edited March 2017

Laughter is the Best Medicine!

A woman brought a very limp parrot into a veterinary hospital. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the Vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, Polly has passed away."

The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, shrugged, turned and left the room returning a few moments later with beautiful black Labrador. As the bird's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the dead parrot from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet turned to the owner and again said, "Your parrot is dead."

"No, I still want another opinion!", the owner shouted.

The vet, looking a bit pissed, went out the room again but returned a few moments later with a cat. The cat jumped up and also sniffed delicately at the ex-bird. The cat sat back, shook its head, meowed and ran out of the room. The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry; but like I said, your parrot is most definitely, 100% certifiably ...dead."

He then turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill which he handed to the woman. The parrot's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$400!" she cried. "$400 just to tell me my bird is dead?!"

The vet shrugged. "If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would only have been $50, but the additional Lab Report costs $150 and the Cat Scan is $200". 😁

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited March 2017

Our dear Annie and Div. What an inspiration you are. Your strength and caring spirit help lift me during my dark days. Thank you so much. And thanks to all the other ladies on this thread.

Val

• TerrifiedDaughter
    TerrifiedDaughter Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2017

Too funny, thank you!!

• meadow
    edited March 2017

Many here will remember TerrifiedDaughter, we called her TD here on the thread.....she has posted on the In Memoriam Thread that she lost her dear mother, an IBC fighter. We mourn with you TD, and are glad you came here with your questions, hoping we were able to help. We support you.

• gmmiph
    edited March 2017

TD,

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Gina

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited March 2017

Oh, no...I'm so, so sorry, TD. I know what you're going through right now. We don't know each other, but I understand; please feel free to PM me if you'd like. {HUGS}

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited March 2017

Oh TD! I am so sorry for your loss! Your Mom was very fortunate to have had such a special daughter.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2017

My sincere condolences, TD.

• sitti
    sitti Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2017

Hello - I hope it okay for me to post this, I'm not a TN but have been on the March surgery board with DiV; I wanted to let her know she is/has been in my thoughts and prayers. It's good to see she is posting a little. DiV, we are all thinking of you and praying for you, sending continued prayers and hugs. Blessings to each of you. <3

• meadow
    edited March 2017

Thank you Sitti for popping in, you are welcome to pop in any time. Hoping you are doing well too!

• meadow
    edited March 2017

Thank you Sitti for popping in, you are welcome to pop in any time. Hoping you are doing well too!

DiV, update us when you can

• BanR
    BanR Member Posts: 238
    edited March 2017

dear Anne..

sending love and hugs!

• meadow
    edited March 2017

Going in tomorrow to have surgery to close this wound up that I have had open since February. The infection is gone and hoping it won't return. Who wants to jump in my pocket?

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited March 2017

In your pocket Meadow for sure.

• meadow
    edited March 2017

Thanks Val, I always can count on you.

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited March 2017

Meadow, I'm in, too.